3 months mark (90 days) tomorrow after HT and not much happening

• Administrators

This thread is a perfect example of why you should never freak out at 3 months.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

There is definitely a visual improvement Nick and letting your hair gain several inches of more length will look more dense.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

5 months 1/2 update

It's starting to grow longer, I feel it's starting to really blend in and I might start clay or wax for the first time in the coming weeks

I think for the 6 months mark I will have reach a result that I will consider "satisfying" already

I will also update weekly now that most of the growth happened 

2F820782-BD62-44EF-920E-75750CF814F5.jpg

B6B34CE9-E49F-4234-BCB2-65D1479B62E2.jpg

How much difference in light is there between the 2 pics?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

1 minute ago, gillenator said:

How much difference in light is there between the 2 pics?

First picture is next to a window (about 2 feet from it)

2nd it's a normal lighting inside during the day with no lights on

The variances in lighting can make significant visual differences.

Gillenator

Either way, you look great my friend.

• Like 1

Gillenator

• 2 weeks later...

6 months update

So guys today important milestone it has been 6 months (looking back it feels like more than that but it was mostly the first months that seemed very long)

I have to say that I am very pleased with the current result in the last weeks the HT hair is really blending in (I'm not having any product in my hair for these pics). People I meet now didn't imagine that I was losing my hair.

I would rate it a solid 9/10 for 6 months and I hope it will get thicker in the next 4 to 5 months

What do you think guys? 

*I would say that the only "regret" I have is that I played it very conservative on the hairline (I'm 29) and I could've gone half a cm lower as I think my crown looks solid

1E272834-A2DD-4640-A10E-D5040B451F0E.jpg

44E250AC-D7B7-4E60-9F95-4E6129ED5124.jpg

54C8BF55-2189-44C0-88B2-DED965D8A6CC.jpg

IMG_7727.PNG

• Like 3

Wow your results are incredible. Your doctor hit this out of the park. And I think it will get even thicker as well. My hairline is similar and my age is as well but haven’t taken the plunge yet because I get red/scar easily and worry that I will be red for years after Ht, also it is a very tough process to go through. But man your results are exactly what I’d want.

45 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Wow your results are incredible. Your doctor hit this out of the park. And I think it will get even thicker as well. My hairline is similar and my age is as well but haven’t taken the plunge yet because I get red/scar easily and worry that I will be red for years after Ht, also it is a very tough process to go through. But man your results are exactly what I’d want.

Feel free to ask me your questions via direct message, but you should take the jump my brother (if you're on fin)

Concerning people around you, I just told everybody I wad going to have a HT. A few annoyed me a bit but a lot of other people were not surprised and other knew I would do it one day or the other.

Hiding it would be very difficult especially for 3-4 months. Also it was hard with woman, I basically didn't date between march and august (it gave me time to focus more on gym and sports thought)

• Like 2

Just now, NickJ said:

Feel free to ask me your questions via direct message, but you should take the jump my brother (if you're on fin)

Concerning people around you, I just told everybody I wad going to have a HT. A few annoyed me a bit but a lot of other people were not surprised and other knew I would do it one day or the other.

Hiding it would be very difficult especially for 3-4 months. Also it was hard with woman, I basically didn't date between march and august (it gave me time to focus more on gym and sports thought)

I will direct message you further if that is okay?

• Administrators

Looks incredible who was the doctor? I would like to highlight this case as to why it’s important to wait.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 minutes ago, NickJ said:

This is something I've had on my mind lately. I have a pretty active dating life and just recently started hanging out with one girl pretty regularly. HT is scheduled for Nov 8th so I guess I'll either just tell her or ghost, because can't really make a 3-4 month excuse!

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

I'm actually considering asking my Dr to leave the hair on top so I can use hair fibers sooner afterwards. I'll just be getting corners of the hairline filled in and crown done so I don't think it would be too big of an issue. Probably won't but will get his opinion on it day of surgery nonetheless. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

15 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

This is something I've had on my mind lately. I have a pretty active dating life and just recently started hanging out with one girl pretty regularly. HT is scheduled for Nov 8th so I guess I'll either just tell her or ghost, because can't really make a 3-4 excuse!

I had the same dilemma HAHAHA

I ended fixing thing up in the last weeks but yeah, I didn't get laid much with the grandpa haircut I had on the first page of this thread

47 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I had the same dilemma HAHAHA

I ended fixing thing up in the last weeks but yeah, I didn't get laid much with the grandpa haircut I had on the first page of this thread

Well, you're back in the game now my friend!

Did you have crown work done or just hairline? 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

47 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Well, you're back in the game now my friend!

Did you have crown work done or just hairline? 

Nope I have a pretty solid crown but for some reason I hat shock loss from my crown after the HT

On 9/21/2022 at 1:47 PM, GoliGoliGoli said:

This is something I've had on my mind lately. I have a pretty active dating life and just recently started hanging out with one girl pretty regularly. HT is scheduled for Nov 8th so I guess I'll either just tell her or ghost, because can't really make a 3-4 month excuse!

lol. I was in this exact situation and completely ghosted.  Oh well.  She was cute, but I knew pretty early on it was going to be more like a 5-6 month excuse, so no point in even bothering.  Continued chatting with some chicks on "Hinge" right after surgery as if things were normal, but then deleted it.  6 months in and I still haven't started an account back.  Honestly, the break from dating was way less hard than the general break from normal life.

Also, things are looking good man.  I bet things will thicken up a bit more in the coming months too.

Edited by John1991