Dr Glen Charles - Charles medical group - good or bad?

I am located in alabama, I was recommended dr charles in boka Florida. I would have to travel to him to get it done. Is he good ? I have read posts here of people liking his work and I saw a post of someone who didn't like his transplant result from dr charles and said charles gave him less grafts than paid for.

Just wanting to know if anyone has had good or bad experiences with charles medical group and if so/not did you have FUT or FUE?

Here is the thread I am mentioning - The person says dr charles gave him less grafts then paid for and is unhappy with the result.

It depends how you style your hair if you have long hair FUT would work you’ll have a long linear scar on the back, FUE you have to style your hair shorter on the sides and they’ll be small fue scars, if your willing to travel there’s great surgeons all around the country and money is not a problem but if your willing to go to Europe there’s some excellent options too what Norwood are you?

I don’t like his results based on my research, just my opinion. When I look at his Instagram most of his post don’t even show the patients hairline, also the results I studied on this forum don’t impress me, I think you would be better off doing more research. Konior, Nadimi, are in my opinion the best in the US. 

• Haha 1

• Administrators

Dr. Charles is an excellent surgeon. He’s also a member of the Elite Coalition. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I had my FUT surgery with Dr. Charles like 12 years ago and am very happy with my results. He's an extremely skilled and ethical surgeon. I recommend him wholeheartedly. I'm going to go with him again for my crown work. 

57 minutes ago, Chetman2112 said:

I don’t like his results based on my research, just my opinion. When I look at his Instagram most of his post don’t even show the patients hairline, also the results I studied on this forum don’t impress me, I think you would be better off doing more research. Konior, Nadimi, are in my opinion the best in the US. 

There is no way Nadimi is the among the best in the US. Konior is definitely the best. Nadimi doesn't even do sessions greater than like 2,000 grafts and does a lot of other surgeries asides from hair transplants. 

Gabel is way better than Nadimi and is a Konior protege and only does hair transplants. Dorin, Panine, Mohebi, Wesley, Charles, Shapiro, H&W and Cooley are among the best. 

Edited by Cantstandya

Just my opinion, but I will say this she does HT 4 days a week, so when you say she does a lot of other surgery’s it’s because she volunteers at a veterans hospital to help wounded veterans, but her primary focus is Ht. Also she limits her sessions to 2k because she does every part of the surgery, so get your facts straight. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hard to comment on this...

I'll tell ya what...

I know Dr. Glenn Charles. He is a well respected surgeon in the hairloss community. He's been around for a very long time. 

But this specific case shows the reality of the hair transplant world... Even the best surgeons have very bad results...although they are statistically minimal. 

Hasson & Wong too have similar cases, I've seen them and I'm sure Dr. Konior has had bad cases throughout the years too...Just like any other surgeon in the world. 

At the end of the day, surgery is always a lottery even with the best. It's a risk and a gamble and it is important to accept that before you decide to move forward and get it done.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Chetman2112 said:

Just my opinion, but I will say this she does HT 4 days a week, so when you say she does a lot of other surgery’s it’s because she volunteers at a veterans hospital to help wounded veterans, but her primary focus is Ht. Also she limits her sessions to 2k because she does every part of the surgery, so get your facts straight. 

I think her work is good, nothing special. On her own website she states she does rhinoplasty, face lifts, blepharoplasty, etc. So I do have my facts straight. I would choose a surgeon who only performs hair transplant surgery.  There is no way she's among the best. The other surgeons I mentioned are a lot better. Gabel does like 5 surgeries a week and he's involved in every part of the surgery and he does a ton of cases of greater than 2,000 grafts. His work is amazing. Konior is the best imo. Also, the notion that a surgeon has to be involved in every aspect of the surgery is a marker of good quality is BS. You can delegate some stuff to very qualified staff to get great results. 

Also, in Chicago Dr. Panine is better than Dr. Nadimi. He does every aspect of the surgery too. I think his price is less than Dr. Nadimi. 

Edited by Cantstandya
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, The GOAT of botched jobs said:

Hard to comment on this...

I'll tell ya what...

I know Dr. Glenn Charles. He is a well respected surgeon in the hairloss community. He's been around for a very long time. 

But this specific case shows the reality of the hair transplant world... Even the best surgeons have very bad results...although they are statistically minimal. 

Hasson & Wong too have similar cases, I've seen them and I'm sure Dr. Konior has had bad cases throughout the years too...Just like any other surgeon in the world. 

At the end of the day, surgery is always a lottery even with the best. It's a risk and a gamble and it is important to accept that before you decide to move forward and get it done.

Well said

I’m not getting into who is the best or who is better than who but I will say there is a misconception about Dr. Nadimi on the forum. I recently had a consultation with her and went in thinking that she only preformed procedures up to 2000 grafts based on what I’ve seen/read on the forum. I was surprised when meeting with her that she regularly does procedures over 2000 grafts but she will schedule the procedure over 2 days for anything over 2000. Her initial email response for anyone who contacts her seems to consistently say a recommendation of 1500-2000 grafts but once you are at your consultation she will do a more thorough evaluation based on your needs/wants with a more accurate recommendation. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Marlo said:

You can't deny that what happenend with @callmebob2021 is super shady?

I missed this thread. Normally, we reach out to the doctor for their response. We only have one side of the story. I’ve reached out to get his name and date of surgery to confirm he’s a patient and to get a response from Dr. Charles. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I missed this thread. Normally, we reach out to the doctor for their response. We only have one side of the story. I’ve reached out to get his name and date of surgery to confirm he’s a patient and to get a response from Dr. Charles. 

Yes, would be great to hear the full story. 

16 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Alright, sounds good 👍

On 6/18/2022 at 10:02 AM, Cantstandya said:

I think her work is good, nothing special. On her own website she states she does rhinoplasty, face lifts, blepharoplasty, etc. So I do have my facts straight. I would choose a surgeon who only performs hair transplant surgery.  There is no way she's among the best. The other surgeons I mentioned are a lot better. Gabel does like 5 surgeries a week and he's involved in every part of the surgery and he does a ton of cases of greater than 2,000 grafts. His work is amazing. Konior is the best imo. Also, the notion that a surgeon has to be involved in every aspect of the surgery is a marker of good quality is BS. You can delegate some stuff to very qualified staff to get great results. 

Also, in Chicago Dr. Panine is better than Dr. Nadimi. He does every aspect of the surgery too. I think his price is less than Dr. Nadimi. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally agree that Nadimi is amongst the best in the states. 

also, before making claims let’s make sure we know all the facts. Her surgeries are usually capped at 2k grafts for fue. That’s because, as the other poster mentioned, she’s involved in all steps. For FUT I’m sure it’s higher.

she does other surgeries because, like konior, she is a specialized doctor in head and neck surgery. Many head and neck surgeons also specialize in facial plastics. If anything, that’s a bonus because she understands all the harmony a face requires, including the location of the hairline.

I see a lot of doctors with an emergency medicine speciality or general surgeon speciality going into hair transplantation because it’s a lucrative path and “easy.” Konior and Nadimi do not fall into this category.

look at their post op photos, they’re some of the cleanest in the industry. Every single graft is trimmed with precision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2022 at 4:08 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Hi melvin, any update ? This worries me slighly. I would like some clarification if possible.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, johndang said:

Hi melvin, any update ? This worries me slighly. I would like some clarification if possible.

The member never replied to my message. Unfortunately, I can’t authenticate or substantiate these claims. I will try again, and if he doesn’t respond I will remove the thread, as I have to substantiate these claims to be fair and balanced. 

View my thread

27 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The member never replied to my message. Unfortunately, I can’t authenticate or substantiate these claims. I will try again, and if he doesn’t respond I will remove the thread, as I have to substantiate these claims to be fair and balanced. 

I had thought you were going to ask Dr Charles about this patient ? In a comment you said. The post seems real and legit. I feel it is unfair to remove his thread. I feel it would be more fair to have Charles respond before removing if you do so.

Edited by johndang

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, johndang said:

I had thought you were going to ask Dr Charles about this patient ? In a comment you said. The post seems real and legit. I feel it is unfair to remove his thread. I feel it would be more fair to have Charles respond before removing if you do so.

I need to be able to provide the doctor with a name and date of surgery. I cannot have a surgeon comment until they confirm the patient. 

View my thread