Asmed 5000 grafts (4 years ago next month)

No cap

I've been a silent visitor on this site for years and without this site I don't think I would of had the courage to take the leap to get a H.T. eventhough the slow loss of my hair was making me miserable and self conscious. So with that being said I decided it's  my turn to share. Having a H.T. was literally life changing and freeing: you can not put a price of gaing back confidence and self esteem and I just like to thank the whole community for unknowingly helping me take that leap

I had my H.T. in july 2018. Almost 4 years ago... so you can definitely be sure my results are at their final stage🤷🏾‍♂️. One of my biggest bug bears is following someone's journey for 6 month for them to suddenly to stop posting. I always hope it's because hair loss is no longer a concern so they just lose interest in posting.

I had my H.T. with Asmed - Dr Koray. I always intended to document my journey, but I was, and still am, very private about my choice of having a procedure. On a personal level, only my partner is aware of me having one - I suppose that in it's self speaks of the success of the procedure, but also hints at how hard the first 6 months were hiding under a hat, and how skilled I became at the comb over before the procedure 😏.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what Norwood you would call that. I had but it was slow miniaturised down the centre and almost the entire front 3rd. My hair is naturally thick and curly, so brushing it forward helped conceal a lot.

As I have said, I had my procedure with Asmed 4 years ago. His new clinic was built but they hadn't yet moved over to it. At the time of my procedure Asmed started coming in for criticism online which made the first 6 months really hard as I definitely was a slow grower, with massive shock loss. Here's the evidence. Everyone's journey is different as our bodies react differently. Between 2 - 5 months I thought my procedure was a massive fail. I couldn't find anyone who I thought had a successful transplant with similar shock loss And growth pattern to myself online.

Pics below:_DSC8688.thumb.JPG.5fc0ce3dc5467a5f64f7fda152a5a6dc.JPG20220603_214142.thumb.jpg.95ff00f1df80ef1adc0de6439ca5acde.jpg20220603_214142.thumb.jpg.95ff00f1df80ef1adc0de6439ca5acde.jpg20220603_214142.thumb.jpg.95ff00f1df80ef1adc0de6439ca5acde.jpg

20190221_231641.jpg

20190221_203357.jpg

20220604_143402.jpg

20220603_214415.jpg

20181025_114713.jpg

20190221_203302.jpg

Edited by No cap
  • Like 1

Pictures go from day after the procedure.

Next 10 days pre shed

1month (a lot of shock loss, total shed I felt of transplanted hairs)

2 MONTHS not a lot to report

5 months. Lots of fine hair, definitely some of the transplanted hair, but at the time I felt it was mainly my natural miniaturised hair returning

Edited by No cap

At the 5 month mark I started re-using regaine foam again. I had foolishly thought I had been advised against it's use - as it can cause irritation, but after re-reading my after care document it said just for the first 2 - 3 weeks🤦🏽. At the five month mark I was desperate, so I also applied a little topical steriod cream to my scalp as well - once a day - as I know it is sometimes prescribed for alopecia and could help to increase blood flow to my scalp. I'm not advocating this by the way just documenting my journey.

Interestingly, within just 2 weeks the quality of the new transplanted hair, which I believed was destined to stay thin and miniaturised like my hair in the frontal area before the pre procedure, thickened and matured immensely. Again, the use of the steriod cream and the foam may have had no direct impact on the thickening of my hair and that could have been it's natural cycle, but within the space of 2 weeks I went from thin and whispy to Jackson 5. The pictures below were TAKEN 2 HALF WEEKS APART.

20190221_203302.jpg

20190221_165438.jpg

Edited by No cap
  • Like 1

My hair went from strength to strength.

I saw steady improvements for the next 3 - 5 months. And when I let my hair grow... I think my results are great, but I would like to hear your opinions?

20220603_214540.jpg

20190501_170618.jpg

20190501_121508.jpg

20190501_073959.jpg

20200201_121614.jpg

• Like 1

I think it is important to say that I kinda just let my hair grow after the op and used aloe vera gel to curl it. Length is so important, in order to maintain the illusion on a full head of hair in my opinion. At the time, and there still is a weaker area in behind my left temple. But with my hair long or really short my wavey curls just hide that. You can kinda just about see it in the first pic above.

Pics are from 6 months to 9 months. Brushed out and then styled with gel.

One of the reasons I chose Asmed was at the time, his patients seemed to show very little scarring in the donor area, which is of particular importance to me as I like to have my sides very short. I get a zero on the sides at the moment and there is no visible scarring. You can sometimes pick some up with the hd definition on my camera but to the naked eye my scarring on the sides is invisible.

There is some at the back but again at about 0.5mm no one can tell or see.

Edited by No cap

OK guys. I've dumped a lot of content all at once, and my thumb is hurting from tapping the screen on my phone. I'll finish my post at the end of next week, showing 12months, also I'll show my hair cut short and the little problem area  (left temple) that I'm considering getting touched up. It will also give people time to comment. Peace out.

Edited by No cap
  • Like 2

The surgery turned out really great. Looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing your results.

For a lot of guys, the issue of getting a HT can be stigmatic since losing hair can bring on a sense of personal failure, even if hairloss is beyond your control. I know that as I was losing my hair in my twenties, I never openly talked about it with my friends or even girls I was dating. I was always trying to disguise the loss. It would always sting when someone made a 'bald' joke, even if it wasn't directed towards me. And so it goes that many guys just want to remove the burden from their psyche quietly so that they can move on with their lives.

This forum is the best resource for hairloss sufferers. No doubt that for every poster who shares their story, there are hundreds just checking out the results and making plans for their own surgery. For those that do share their journey publicly, I can understand why they drop off once their results are pretty much fixed. A burden has been shared and lifted (or not, depending on how it turned out) and they can move on with their lives. Sharing your own journey, even after 4 years, is still super helpful for those that are figuring out what to do next with their hairloss. 

Agreed ^

Congrats on the result! Even if I'm not the clinics fan, I must admit it's really top class result here. Also wanted to thank you for posting it here for the reasons you mention!

Edited by Z--

th

4 hours ago, No cap said:

At the 5 month mark I started re-using regaine foam again. I had foolishly thought I had been advised against it's use - as it can cause irritation, but after re-reading my after care document it said just for the first 2 - 3 weeks🤦🏽. At the five month mark I was desperate, so I also applied a little topical steriod cream to my scalp as well - once a day - as I know it is sometimes prescribed for alopecia and could help to increase blood flow to my scalp. I'm not advocating this by the way just documenting my journey.

Interestingly, within just 2 weeks the quality of the new transplanted hair, which I believed was destined to stay thin and miniaturised like my hair in the frontal area before the pre procedure, thickened and matured immensely. Again, the use of the steriod cream and the foam may have had no direct impact on the thickening of my hair and that could have been it's natural cycle, but within the space of 2 weeks I went from thin and whispy to Jackson 5. The pictures below were TAKEN 2 HALF WEEKS APART.

20190221_203302.jpg

20190221_165438.jpg

No way is there a two week gap between those two photos

• Administrators

Looks fantastic, thanks for sharing 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, sukh123 said:

th

No way is there a two week gap between those two photos

Sorry Sukh you're right. When I just looked at the details of the pics there is a pic between those 2 two. This pic attached is about 2 half weeks later. The pics above are about 4 1/2 weeks apart. 

20190202_121837.jpg

You were lucky and got it when ASMED was on top, it was roughly 4 years ago this clinic became a hair mill money grab and started producing really bad results, I am unfortunately one of them and would advise anyone to stay well clear of this overpriced hair mill. There are far better and even cheaper options even in Turkey let alone in spain and portugal, ASMED is not even in the top 10 any longer even In Turkey when considering price vs result.

• Like 1

Failed transplants for 3000 grafts at ASMED clinic, destroyed donor and recipient

I would also advise everyone to be cautious as ASMEDs social media teams are working overtime to get them back into peoples good graces, not saying OP is shady but a completely new account giving a detailed report 4 years after the fact... This clinic is getting blasted on pretty much every forum now as they consistently produce failed transplants, overharvested donors, poor hairline designs.. again, there are FAR better options both in Turkey and Spain at this price point, do not ruin your life by going to a hair mill guys.

Edited by Nccan
  • Like 1

Failed transplants for 3000 grafts at ASMED clinic, destroyed donor and recipient

4 hours ago, Nccan said:

I would also advise everyone to be cautious as ASMEDs social media teams are working overtime to get them back into peoples good graces, not saying OP is shady but a completely new account giving a detailed report 4 years after the fact... This clinic is getting blasted on pretty much every forum now as they consistently produce failed transplants, overharvested donors, poor hairline designs.. again, there are FAR better options both in Turkey and Spain at this price point, do not ruin your life by going to a hair mill guys.

Yeh something very shady going on here , I’m quite suspicious too

• Like 1

I've been on this forum for 2 months and this is by far the shadiest post I have seen

These marketing people from hairmills are the worst. Emotionally numb & not realizing the damage they do

This mentality is the sole reason I hate Istanbul. Tourist hunting & luring people into doing cheap cosmetic surgery

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sukh123 said:

Yeh something very shady going on here , I’m quite suspicious too

I said I wasn't going to log on until the end of the week but I have to admit you get a little buzz, when you get notifications that people are engaging with your thread. In terms of something being a little shady... I can only take that as a compliment. Do you mean my results look too good to be true? I don't owe Asmed anything. I paid close to £14000 when you factor in flights and accommodation. That being said I am very, very pleased with my results! I do have a weak area my left temple... my girl thinks I'm obsessing but it's there. To be honest I'm not here to promote or defend Asmed just to share my journey, and to give back as it was the likes of @DEB1982 and @Ponchik who unknowingly help me take the plunge. 

ps if someone does want to pay me to promote something I took 100s of pic over the first 5 moths because I was sure it was gonna be a fail.

5 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

definitely shady, why would you post your review here 4 years later?

I suppose because I'm debating next steps or a lil touch up <1000. On my left temple. As stated above.

I'm not 100% I want to, and maybe it's hair greed but I'm so close to having it the way I've always wanted it regardless of length or style. I'll post again at the end of the week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, No cap said:

I suppose because I'm debating next steps or a lil touch up <1000. On my left temple. As stated above.

I'm not 100% I want to, and maybe it's hair greed but I'm so close to having it the way I've always wanted it regardless of length or style. I'll post again at the end of the week.

In that case erase ASMED or any other hair mill from your mind and check out Bruno Pinto or Ferreira in portugal, their prices are actually not that much higher and you are more or less guaranteed a great result from either of them.