Dr Jeffrey Epstein

Hi all. First post here so not sure if this is the right place. Apologies if not. I was wondering why Dr. Epstein was removed from the forum as a doctor? I’m down in sofla and was thinking about going with him. But lots of mixed press. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

There were some ethical issues that occurred long before I was a moderator. Pat removed him from the list. I’m not familiar with his work to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There were some ethical issues that occurred long before I was a moderator. Pat removed him from the list. I’m not familiar with his work to be honest. 

Yeah, Dr. Epstein is a shady guy. I wouldn't trust him.

Your best bet is Dr. Glenn Charles, Dr. Paul Rose, or Dr. Bernard Nusbaum. Out of those 3 I'd easily go with Dr. Glenn Charles

• Haha 1

A thumbs up on both Dr. Paul Rose and Dr. Glenn Charles….👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 6/11/2022 at 12:06 AM, Hair transplant is a huge said:

Epstein is a legit. From what I've seen he does good work. 

He's been around for a very long time. 

He's the doc who trained Gary Linkov.

Is Linkov known for amazing results? I don’t think I’ve seen a single posted case of his. Just seen his many videos posted about celebrity plastic surgery and his thoughts on what they had done

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Is Linkov known for amazing results? I don’t think I’ve seen a single posted case of his. Just seen his many videos posted about celebrity plastic surgery and his thoughts on what they had

I agree 100% bro. 

Linkov better  show your results instead of discussing celebrities hair transplants 😂😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimKan1 said:

In this video he claims he removed 1500 grafts from this guy's hairline and after 3 days it will be completely healed up 🤣🤣

You r missing the point. He is saying the holes will be “closed” in another 72 hours. He is not saying u will go back to normal skin in 3 days. Not even a fool would believe that. 

5 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

You r missing the point. He is saying the holes will be “closed” in another 72 hours. He is not saying u will go back to normal skin in 3 days. Not even a fool would believe that. 

Hi literally says "within 3 days it will be completely healed up" , he doesnt say anything about "holes" and "closing", I doubt you even saw the video.

7 hours ago, JimKan1 said:

In this video he claims he removed 1500 grafts from this guy's hairline and after 3 days it will be completely healed up 🤣🤣

I’m not as concerned about his statement regarding the healing of the punches as I am with the fact that he literally threw away those 1500 grafts…wtf

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 6/12/2022 at 2:49 AM, Unbrokenlink said:

They only use artas now yes. Is manual better? I thought Artas the way to go

Please don't get artas.

The punch is still big, and they harvest from a very small area, and from several cases, the results are subpar compared to a skilled surgeon.

Yes it's still done "manually", but most now use motorized punches, which is faster and more efficient than real manual punches. Imo it's better since it means the extraction will be done faster thus less amount of it being outside of your body compared to same amount of graft vs manual punching.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mafpe said:

Please don't get artas.

The punch is still big, and they harvest from a very small area, and from several cases, the results are subpar compared to a skilled surgeon.

Yes it's still done "manually", but most now use motorized punches, which is faster and more efficient than real manual punches. Imo it's better since it means the extraction will be done faster thus less amount of it being outside of your body compared to same amount of graft vs manual punching.

THIS

theres absolutely no reason an artas should be used by a competent hair transplant surgeon. The artas is straight up a SHORTCUT and cuts time for a surgeon to not be present in the OR. A skilled hand will be better in every regard compared to a machine running on an algorithm like the artas. The prices that most of the doctors charge that use an artas are typically the same as a doctor that performs the surgery themselves. Again, the artas has no place in a competent surgeons arsenal (IMO of course).

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, JimKan1 said:

I'm not commenting against Dr Epstein here because apparently he did what the patient asked for. My comment is about the patient and those like him. What is the point of going through a hair transplant just to go back and get it all removed to hopefully end up where you started??? If you are OK with the hair you had then why go through with a hair transplant??? This boggles my mind and this guy isn't the only one. We see a number of people post on here just after the transplant asking how to reverse it. Please think about what you are doing before going through with surgery! This just doesn't make any sense.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

23 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

I'm not commenting against Dr Epstein here because apparently he did what the patient asked for. My comment is about the patient and those like him. What is the point of going through a hair transplant just to go back and get it all removed to hopefully end up where you started??? If you are OK with the hair you had then why go through with a hair transplant??? This boggles my mind and this guy isn't the only one. We see a number of people post on here just after the transplant asking how to reverse it. Please think about what you are doing before going through with surgery! This just doesn't make any sense.

I intend to reverse my hair transplant

The reason for this is that I and many others make the mistake of getting a hair transplant in the first place. For example I dont take any medication against hairloss so eventually the area behind the recipient will be bald which is a bad look. 

What I find weird is that the guy chose to waste the grafts, my guess is that its because of financial reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

What is hard to understand? You want to have it removed because the result is bad and unnatural

10 hours ago, mafpe said:

Please don't get artas.

Hello, you have seen this? I thought artas was supposed to be the best?

• Wow 1