Itchy Donor Area

• Administrators

Use Aloe Vera, it definitely helps alleviate any itching. If the itching is to intense you can request medication to help with the itching.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

HappyMan,

Honestly, one of my saving graces that really helped with scalp itchiness both in the recipient and donor area was Nioxin conditioner.  I would use an Nioxin shampoo in the shower and then let the the Nioxin conditioner sit on my scalp for about 10 to 15 minutes.  I don’t know if it’s the green tree extract or some other ingredient in the conditioner but it gives my scalp a cooling sensation that feels really good and practically… eliminates the itch for a while, even after exiting the shower.

Applying Aloe Vera after The shower also helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

I got a bit itchy on on the donor area in the first week or so and sometimes in the recipient area too. 

The above advice others gave probably is great and works, but for me a quick spray of saline water over the itchy areas really seemed to help. 

• Like 1

I used Aloe Vera post-op and it helped the itching and cooled my scalp, it also helped the healing especially on my strip scar.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It comes in various forms including cream, shampoo enriched with aloe vera, etc.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY