Hair of Istanbul vs KSL

Hello,

24, blonde, receding hair line.

been quoted £4000 by hair of Istanbul but the reviews on this site seem very poor ! 

been quoted £6000 by KSL in the UK (flights to turkey in the summer will be £400+ Food anyway).

just wondering if people can confirm if hair of Istanbul is poor and if KSL is worth the extra money or any other recommendations ?

thanks !  

1 minute ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Don't be fooled by celebrity-endorsed clinics. Even 1%. You never know the financial incentives behind these things.

The ones above are better than both those clinics, world class doctors.

This was recommended to me by my barber I only found out about the celebrity side once I dug deeper ! 

what about UK based ones?

thanks for the help

Also honourable shout out to Dr Eibi Iniekio of Chiswick Hair Clinic. I've seen him for a consultation and he has operated on someone I know. Worth a consultation for anyone in London for sure

3 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

I didn't even clock that you're 24. I would hold off. And many doctors who are ethical won't even operate on you tbh

Leave Hair of Istanbul alone, the other one I have never heard of, do not trust the reviews on Istagram or Facebook, as he says @Aslitarcan sucks.you are still young and an ethical doctor would tell you to wait, stay on this forum and study it well , do not rush to have a transplant, you may regret it for many years of your life.

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor
22 hours ago, George_slee said:

Thanks for the advice on HOI! 

KSL seem to be popular with the Love island people which is reassuring ! 

are those the good ones in your reply above ? 

F766B133-12D2-4E57-9BCE-5CE4B02D640D.png

B807F2C1-2B51-4B9F-8603-EF1D8B5BAC20.png

If this sort of click bait social media is seen as a reference point then it's no wonder that sadly we have so many butchered results showing up on here and the world over. Spend plenty of time researching doctors who turn out a large scale of consistently excellent results over a decent period of time. Within this, look for patients who have a similar type of hair and hair loss to yourself with results that are in line with your goals. Wishing you all the best!

• Thanks 1

Do not go to KSL - they’re awful, have had multiple lawsuits against them in the past for butchering peoples heads along with unethical practices and generally do not do good work, at all. 

High pressure sales tactics from what I’ve heard, combined with ‘celebrity’ endorsements as with the love island people you’ve pointed out, is their whole business model. 

if you do some more research online you’ll find a lot more about it, I think there’s a page called KSL truth or something on Facebook. 

Anyway, I’ll say this: you’re clearly at the stage of just finding out about transplants and what they have to offer. You need to do some more research for a while so you can find out what makes a good doctor, learn more about the progressive nature of hair loss, meds, and so on. Use the site to do so before you think about booking in for a HT.

• Thanks 1

@George_slee   Hair of Istanbul is one of the worst clinics in Turkey.   All you have to do is check their Instagram page. It's full of bots and hair mill vibes.

I had a procedure with them in 2017 and all they gave me was scarring and thick grafts with wrong incisions.  

I would advise you to ignore whoever recommends you such places and do your research 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Hey @George_slee, I'd definitely back up what's been said regarding KSL. I even had a consultation with them about 4 years ago. Thankfully I was cautious and did a bunch more research and so thankful I didn't follow it up. Look up Maria Fowler's experience with KSL. She did a video call with JT and she had a repair surgery with the Maitland clinic by Dr Ed Ball. Following my research i'm now booked in with Dr Bicer. Wishing you the best.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Who does the procedure? Do you know the name of the surgeon? Does the surgeon have reviews besides celebrities? How many surgeries do they do a per day? These are the questions you need to ask. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hair of Istanbul has no official named Doctor at their big Instagram clinic. It's just a bunch of nice people luring you into getting thick hair. When I was there getting mine done in 2017, it was just a consultant and a bunch of men acting like they know what they are doing just because they have been doing it for years. Nobody is a doctor. It's all a business. In the surgical room you will be surrounded by technicians that are either know what they are doing or learning on the job. 

I can see that even still now, in  2022...

image.thumb.png.84d568205444910151647f070ae34179.png

the clinic still produces these results that show pluggy hairlines that are hidden by density. It's like an illusion which tricks people into thinking this is great hair and natural...  which is very normal for these amateurs who cannot invest in proper microscopic equipment.   Every person commenting on these posts are either a bot or someone that has no education about the artistry that goes into these procedures. 

image.png.976cc80246dcef632197a36038b13b94.png

Please avoid at all costs

23 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Hair of Istanbul has no official named Doctor at their big Instagram clinic. It's just a bunch of nice people luring you into getting thick hair. When I was there getting mine done in 2017, it was just a consultant and a bunch of men acting like they know what they are doing just because they have been doing it for years. Nobody is a doctor. It's all a business. In the surgical room you will be surrounded by technicians that are either know what they are doing or learning on the job. 

I can see that even still now, in  2022...

image.thumb.png.84d568205444910151647f070ae34179.png

the clinic still produces these results that show pluggy hairlines that are hidden by density. It's like an illusion which tricks people into thinking this is great hair and natural...  which is very normal for these amateurs who cannot invest in proper microscopic equipment.   Every person commenting on these posts are either a bot or someone that has no education about the artistry that goes into these procedures. 

image.png.976cc80246dcef632197a36038b13b94.png

Please avoid at all costs

might be my inexperience but I don’t think that’s a bad hairline at all 🤣🤣

On 6/15/2022 at 7:12 PM, Big Rome said:

might be my inexperience but I don’t think that’s a bad hairline at all 🤣🤣

for the price, it's not. but this is the guy hitting the jackpot. most did not get that hairline. a small number end up botched irreparably. the rest gets... a somewhat below average result with several pluggy grafts. the problem is the high chance of getting a botched work compared to other "proper" surgeons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1