Question about Eugenix vs BHR clinic

Hi all - long time lurker, probably for the past 6 years. I’m 31 years old and am finally planning on pulling the trigger on a HT. I have contacted both Eugenix and BHR clinic. I’ve been taking finasteride for a couple months with no side effects (no results either, but I know it takes up to a year) I’m not expecting any miracle with fin but if it can keep future loss at bay then I’m grateful. I’m adding a couple photos to get your opinion on Norwood level and what clinic you all would recommend. I got an evaluation back from Eugenix and they said I look like a Norwood 3 with about 3000 graders needed, although to me I look more like a 4-5, but then again this isn’t my realm. Thank you all in advance! 

**1st and last pics are with wet hair**

6A53705B-4A9F-49F3-B45D-D8B0583D0EC1.jpeg

C50D625A-8B29-4A10-8A05-E197CD0971BF.jpeg

39CAE2E4-A9A6-450C-88EB-FDB30B9DA14F.jpeg

B9E38184-4AE0-42B8-8B13-7771EC7EA610.jpeg

Thanks for the reply - 
Bisanga has a consultation in august I am planning on going to. Just to get a legit microscopic analyzation of my hair and see what is recommended with my donor area.

Yah I’m stuck between the two honestly. I kinda like the straighter hairlines Eugenix has to offer, it looks more youthful. Also, I’m not sure if I’m a good candidate for Bisanga. I feel like I’ve mostly seen Norwood 2ish type results. 

your hair loss pattern shows that you are progressing towards norwood 5. You need fin to stabilise your hairloss. I would suggest to consult with various clinics before you decide where to go. Good luck.

Edited by Gramatik
  • Like 2

Two great clinics. I was in the same position, whereby I narrowed it down to Eugenix and BHR. I ended up choosing Eugenix in the end, with my rationale  being they seemed to have more experience with advanced norwood & complex cases (which mine was). However, it was a really tough call at the time.  You really can't go wrong both clinics. Best of luck with you HT journey, 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xanxious said:

Hi all - long time lurker, probably for the past 6 years. I’m 31 years old and am finally planning on pulling the trigger on a HT. I have contacted both Eugenix and BHR clinic. I’ve been taking finasteride for a couple months with no side effects (no results either, but I know it takes up to a year) I’m not expecting any miracle with fin but if it can keep future loss at bay then I’m grateful. I’m adding a couple photos to get your opinion on Norwood level and what clinic you all would recommend. I got an evaluation back from Eugenix and they said I look like a Norwood 3 with about 3000 graders needed, although to me I look more like a 4-5, but then again this isn’t my realm. Thank you all in advance! 

**1st and last pics are with wet hair**

6A53705B-4A9F-49F3-B45D-D8B0583D0EC1.jpeg

C50D625A-8B29-4A10-8A05-E197CD0971BF.jpeg

39CAE2E4-A9A6-450C-88EB-FDB30B9DA14F.jpeg

B9E38184-4AE0-42B8-8B13-7771EC7EA610.jpeg

I had a similar baldness like yours. I was a Norwood III. However, I did not have as much thinning on my mid scalp and crown.

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

Both are great options. I think Eugenix is probably the safer bet for higher NWs. Given that you haven't lost too much yet, I think I prefer Bisanga's donor management. No wrong choice though.

• Like 1

With Eugenix you have to be careful which package you choose. 

There has been some highly questionable donor management and bad temple work on several patients recently....

That said, Eugenix has some worldclass results on higher Norwoods.  

Bisanga is a great choice too. Never seen a bad result from him in years of researching. 

Edited by Hairmills and homeruns
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yah I would definitely be going for the super premium package if it comes to Eugenix. 
I spoke with BHR clinic and will be visiting Maryland for a constellation on August 25-26. Still waiting for a quote - I know Eugenix premium packages are about 4.50 USD per graft. 

Last I heard Bisanga is €5/graft plus 21% for Belgium VAT. It is cheaper if you elect for his partner, Dr. Kostis, to do extractions. 

I'm the one person that disagree that Eugenix is uniquely the best place for high norwoods. Their success with high norwoods are always over multiple transplants. If you have 10-12k grafts in the donor, most good doctors can tackle high norwoods if you have 3 transplants by them.

On 6/9/2022 at 5:25 AM, Gatsby said:

I would first give finasteride 'at least' twelve months before considering a hair transplant. Once you have stabilized your hair loss you can you will be more informed on which is the best way to go from there. All the best!

Agreed, stabilize your current condition first. You need at least a year to that. Once you are ready to take the next step, remember that any consultation you get, especially overseas will just be a rough estimate. Eugenix told me that 2300 should be enough coverage during the video consultation for a conservative design. Although, they were right, I ended up with closer to 2800 grafts in the end with a slightly lower hairline. It is possible that you'll be closer to 4k if you want wider temples, lower hairline, etc... They have to measure and draw out the design to see how everything properly frames your face before they accurately assess graft count. 

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

20 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Last I heard Bisanga is €5/graft plus 21% for Belgium VAT. It is cheaper if you elect for his partner, Dr. Kostis, to do extractions. 

I'm the one person that disagree that Eugenix is uniquely the best place for high norwoods. Their success with high norwoods are always over multiple transplants. If you have 10-12k grafts in the donor, most good doctors can tackle high norwoods if you have 3 transplants by them.

Zarev seems to be the best in the world for high Norwoods. 

Pitella and Hattingen are pretty close too. 

Eugenix has some worldclass results but also some botched jobs on easy cases. 

And Zarev's results on high Norwoods seem  denser than Eugenix's. 

2 hours ago, hope everything is nova said:

Zarev seems to be the best in the world for high Norwoods. 

Pitella and Hattingen are pretty close too. 

Eugenix has some worldclass results but also some botched jobs on easy cases. 

And Zarev's results on high Norwoods seem  denser than Eugenix's. 

No argument here.

And Zarev donor management is arguably the best I've ever seen. That vacuum-assisted extraction thing he uses... I believe changes the FUE game. The donor looks healed by the end of the day!

Hey all thanks for the responses - so from what I’m gathering I’m more of a Norwood 4 going to a 5 possibly.

Anyone know how much Zarev charges per graft? I havent seen too many cases but I’ll check YouTube as well