Other recommendations before I schedule with Dr. Nadimi?

I am 36 years old and looking to restore my receded hairline, which is at about a Norwood 4 and has stabilized in recent years.

My goals aren't unusual at all. I simply want to have more options to style my hair and be less self-conscious about wind and such when taking photographs.

In my FaceTime consultation with Dr. Nadimi, she recommended at least 2,500 grafts (up to 3,000). This would put my hairline at about a Norwood 2, which I think I would be plenty happy with.

I understand that Dr. Nadimi is one of the very best, having worked closely with the highly-regarded Dr. Konior for several years. Unfortunately, she is also one of the most expensive, and so I want to be sure I'm not overlooking a perfectly good 2nd choice of surgeon before committing to spend ~$25,000 on this procedure (at $9 per graft).

What are the top recommendations for US-based (or possibly Canada-based) surgeons who offer FUE procedures?

I'm willing to fly, but I'd like to avoid it. Someone in the midwest region would be within driving distance for me, e.g. Dr. Haber or Dr. Panine.

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000FU, Summer 2023

Since you’re asking for alternatives, here goes:   Me personally, if you’re considering Canada, I’d go with Hasson & Wong.  They would be my first choice.

Check out my journey here:

4 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

Since you’re asking for alternatives, here goes:   Me personally, if you’re considering Canada, I’d go with Hasson & Wong.  They would be my first choice.

I've heard about them as well. Do you happen to know how they do pricing?

It's weird that exact costs are not discussed more on this forum. I know they are subject to change, but it's a major part of the decision.

1 minute ago, gaz9318054 said:

I've heard about them as well. Do you happen to know how they do pricing?

It's weird that exact costs are not discussed more on this forum. I know they are subject to change, but it's a major part of the decision.

They’re right up there with the best in the world.  As for pricing, not sure.  Best guess, maybe around 7 bucks a graft?

Check out my journey here:

• Administrators

You’ve got some excellent names. I would also consider Dr. Ron Shapiro. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Haber and Panine are very good surgeons. They consistently give solid results. However, with that being said, I don't think they're on the same level as Chicago Hair Institute. Obviously just one person's opinion but if cost isn't an issue then I would stick with Nadimi. 

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

4 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

They’re right up there with the best in the world.  As for pricing, not sure.  Best guess, maybe around 7 bucks a graft?

Thanks for the guess! I will try to find out if I don't decide to go with anyone closer to me. For an extra $2/graft, I'd probably just go with Dr. Nadimi, though.

1 hour ago, Z-- said:

Nadami's results speak for themselves. I haven't seen a bad result from her yet tbh -- you'd be in good hands.

Same here. Really solid work. I think I'd be most confident going with her, but at some point, I have to draw the line financially (otherwise I'd go with Dr. Konior!).

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You’ve got some excellent names. I would also consider Dr. Ron Shapiro. 

Added to my list! He's a little further away, but definitely still within driving distance.

I believe I've read that his team places most of the grafts. I could be confusing with with another doctor, though. I'd definitely want the doctor I choose to do the work themselves as much as possible, and I know Dr. Nadimi extracts every graft and places them all herself as well.

1 hour ago, Calihome1 said:

Doesn’t she usually cap at Around 2k grafts?  Surprising she would quote that many and take you on.

She told me she does more, but not in a single day. At 2,500 grafts, she says I will likely need to come in the following day to finish up (which I'm not a huge fan of, but I understand the reasoning).

8 minutes ago, BDK081522 said:

Haber and Panine are very good surgeons. They consistently give solid results. However, with that being said, I don't think they're on the same level as Chicago Hair Institute. Obviously just one person's opinion but if cost isn't an issue then I would stick with Nadimi. 

Cost is an issue, but more in the sense that I feel I should try to find the best value among top doctors, rather than pay top dollar for the very best, if that makes sense. I understand that I get what I pay for, though. Luckily, this site is loaded with information and first-hand experiences to help me make the most appropriate decision for me. :)

Right now, my second choice is Dr. Haber. Some don't seem to like that he supposedly doesn't just do hair transplants, but neither does Dr. Nadimi, in fairness.

Dr. Panine's work looks very good as well! Honestly, the only thing deterring me a little with him are the way the donor sites look. Those punch holes are no joke! I don't know anything about anything, but post-op donor site images from his patients just make me a little hesitant.

Nadimi has some good results on this forum but I feel she’s way overhyped because of her association with Dr. Konior. Nadimi has only been doing hair transplants for 4-5 years and it’s not her sole focus as she does other cosmetic procedures.

I would consider Hasson and Wong, Dr. Sethi at Eugenix,  Mwamba, Pinto, Bisanga and other international options. Don’t limit yourself to local options, all of the doctors I listed are more affordable than Nadimi and have a lot more experience.

Edited by Tiger2050
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gaz9318054 said:

Nadami's results speak for themselves. I haven't seen a bad result from her yet tbh -- you'd be in good hands.

Same here. Really solid work. I think I'd be most confident going with her, but at some point, I have to draw the line financially (otherwise I'd go with Dr. Konior!).

I understand the point. That said, I think Konior tops up on 2,000 FUE in a day and his price range is equivalent to Dr. Nadimi for 2,500-3,000 FUE. Most of the suggestions in this thread are very solid doctors and its good you aren't letting cost limit you. I would stick with Nadimi mainly because at higher NWs, I prefer doctors who, like Konior, have top donor management and provide more with less grafts. 

You're on the right track. Really no "wrong" choice here.

1 hour ago, Z-- said:

I understand the point. That said, I think Konior tops up on 2,000 FUE in a day and his price range is equivalent to Dr. Nadimi for 2,500-3,000 FUE. Most of the suggestions in this thread are very solid doctors and its good you aren't letting cost limit you. I would stick with Nadimi mainly because at higher NWs, I prefer doctors who, like Konior, have top donor management and provide more with less grafts. 

You're on the right track. Really no "wrong" choice here.

Sorry, what are NWs?

3 hours ago, Z-- said:

Oh no prob. Norwoods. 

Oh, right! Thanks!

Just one comment, Dr.Nadimi told me in my FaceTime consultation she does hair transplants 4 days a week and volunteer’s at the veterans hospital one day a week where she donates her services for free surgery for veterans, also she told me she has been performing HT for seven years, I will be booking with her very shortly and feel 100% confident that I will be happy. 

Out of the options you posted, nadimi would easily be my preference. I consulted with her in 2018 and regret not going with her. She’s talented, a straight shooter, and most importantly trained by konior. She also uses the same support staff and tools as him.

the only other options I would consider if money is a deciding factor and you needed strictly hairline work would be couto, pinto, and de freitas.

Edited by 5BetaReductase
  • Like 1

Has dr. Konior stopped doing hair transplants? When you go their website and ask to be contacted back, why is only DR. Nadimi contacting back? Can you change to Dr. Konior?

Are they trained in facial hair transplantation for beards and mustache?

11 minutes ago, kumardarshan said:

Has dr. Konior stopped doing hair transplants? When you go their website and ask to be contacted back, why is only DR. Nadimi contacting back? Can you change to Dr. Konior?

Are they trained in facial hair transplantation for beards and mustache?

Why don’t you contact them through the consultation link on this site? 

Edited by 5BetaReductase

12 hours ago, Chetman2112 said:

Just one comment, Dr.Nadimi told me in my FaceTime consultation she does hair transplants 4 days a week and volunteer’s at the veterans hospital one day a week where she donates her services for free surgery for veterans, also she told me she has been performing HT for seven years, I will be booking with her very shortly and feel 100% confident that I will be happy. 

I did not know this. Thanks for sharing. :)

11 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Out of the options you posted, nadimi would easily be my preference. I consulted with her in 2018 and regret not going with her. She’s talented, a straight shooter, and most importantly trained by konior. She also uses the same support staff and tools as him.

the only other options I would consider if money is a deciding factor and you needed strictly hairline work would be couto, pinto, and de freitas.

Yes, her experience working with Dr. Konior is one of the biggest reasons to have her do the procedure.

Money is an important factor, and I do only need hairline work done. Thanks for the recommendations!

11 hours ago, kumardarshan said:

Dr. Konior is booked until sometime in 2024.

Edited by gaz9318054

On 6/4/2022 at 6:17 PM, 5BetaReductase said:

So exactly the same hair technicians? That's huge.