Dr. Bruno Pinto | 3252 grafts FUE | May 24th/25th 2022

@therambler the work looks great. Wondered if you also consulted with Dr De Freitas, and how he compared with Dr Pinto? I have made bookings with both for next year, but planning to meet both for a physical consultation in advance to help me make my decision on who to go with for the surgery. 

wow .. 7k grafts used and 1800 more in bank ! FUT in first surgery surely helped you a lot. 

great results so far. please give us an update.

and one question that if you were doing your first HT now then would you have done FUE or FUT ? to avoid the scar maybe  

• 2 months later...

Apologies for the lack of update, I've been enjoying the summer and not thinking about my hair, which is a good sign I guess 😀

Final update, 14 months on. All pictures taken in natural light with no fibres in (just a bit of suncream!). Thrilled with the outcome, Dr. Pinto is a master of his craft. I may go for a final pass in future, not 100% sure yet but it's not a top priority for me in any case.

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

front4.jpg

front5.jpg

front6.jpg

top1.jpg

top2.jpg

top3.jpg

back.jpg

• Like 2

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 8:24 AM, duckling said:

wow .. 7k grafts used and 1800 more in bank ! FUT in first surgery surely helped you a lot. 

great results so far. please give us an update.

and one question that if you were doing your first HT now then would you have done FUE or FUT ? to avoid the scar maybe  

I'm not sure to be honest. At the time I think FUT was 100% the best option for me to get the coverage I needed. That was in 2014 though and FUE has come on leaps and bounds since. If I was in the same position in 2023 I'd probably go the FUE route with a top surgeon to avoid the strip scar as you say. 

I'd like to try get some hairs implanted into that scar now so assessing my options for a 3rd surgery, also assessing my bank balance 😅

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts

Looking great! How do you feel about the second operation? Do you think it significantly boosted your appearance and how you feel about your hair?

Asking this because my hair is very similar to how yours looked like before your 2nd surgery, except i didnt have a HT and trying to maintain by medication.  

Maybe the difference could be i have many miniaturized native hair that can be destroyed by surgery, which can make the result less of a “net positive”, but not so sure about that.