Concert's CTP-543 claimed to regrow a full head of hair

any info about this new drug? they are claiming that it regrows a head full of hair in 40% of the cases till now. 

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link

• Kajoo changed the title to Concert's CTP-543 claimed to regrow a full head of hair

Looks as if this regrows hair in those with alopecia areata, an autoimmune case of hair loss rather than androgenic alopecia- male patterned hair loss.

Good news for those with alopecia areata for sure.

Seems as if the company might be trialing this for androgenic alopecia as well, but upon quick glance, I didn't find details.

• Like 1

So this drug is addressing some deficiencies in the auto-immune systems of those with alopecia areata? 

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It will be interesting to see it used as a means to help those who suffer from that specific hair loss and perhaps, there's elements that could be adopted to regular MPB too. 

However, i feel like there's a need for the current products in the pipeline to hopefully pass clinical trials and launch at competitive pricing. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

It won’t work for genetic alopecia. Only the auto-immune disorder.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

That was my premonition…is anyone working on genetic manipulation?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY