Who to choose in Charlotte NC area - ty

Hi , I plan to do a FUT transplant soon and don't know who to choose. I am interested in the Dr Cooley group but I am told 6-12 months to get the transplant done, I thought that was a crazy amount of time to wait?

I also recently learned about Dr Marko of Advanced Hair Transplants. I didn't know if he was good ?

I tried looking at reviews for both places but most reviews look fake, like self written. I have seen in this forum board people liking Dr Cooley so wanted to see if anyone had experience with either of these 2 and recommendations ?

Also, I don't expect to get this transplant done tomorrow but I can't wait 6-12 months to do it. That's half a year to a year :(

12 minutes ago, ThinnedHair said:

I am interested in the Dr Cooley group but I am told 6-12 months to get the transplant done, I thought that was a crazy amount of time to wait?

for an elite doctor that is actually a normal wait time. you may get lucky and shave off a few months due to someone else in front of you cancelling, but don't plan on it.

I personally know someone who was able to have surgery only 6 DAYS after speaking with Hasson & Wong. That was due to someone else cancelling last minute, and super ridiculously lucky. But point being you never know.

Edited by HappyMan2021

• Administrators

You have one of the most elite doctors in Charlotte, North Carolina. Dr. Cooley has done one of the most amazing hairlines on thid forum. Check out @HairNTear

feel free to submit a consultation below

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-jerry-cooley/consult

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

32 minutes ago, ThinnedHair said:

I also recently learned about Dr Marko of Advanced Hair Transplants. I didn't know if he was good ?

This has been asked since as long as I have been here (about 12 years) and not a single real world result… give it a miss and strongly consider Dr Cooley ! 

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

for an elite doctor that is actually a normal wait time. you may get lucky and shave off a few months due to someone else in front of you cancelling, but don't plan on it.

I personally know someone who was able to have surgery only 6 DAYS after speaking with Hasson & Wong. That was due to someone else cancelling last minute, and super ridiculously lucky. But point being you never know.

Wow. Thank you. I will try to do this.

59 minutes ago, J-C said:

This has been asked since as long as I have been here (about 12 years) and not a single real world result… give it a miss and strongly consider Dr Cooley ! 

I am confused at your response. You recommend Dr Cooley?

• Moderators

You can try Dr William Lindsey in McLean VA.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Dr. Cooley all day. I’m booked for an FUT with him in December, scheduled it in February and that was the earliest date at the time. I did ask to be put on a cancellation list so it might happen sooner (I haven’t heard anything from them yet) but you can always ask to be put on the list too. Waiting really shouldn’t be a concern especially with an elite surgeon like Cooley. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...