Topical Dutasteride?

jim1973

Over the last 10ish years, I've taken oral Finasteride and applied topical Rogaine.  It seems the efficacy is wearing down and I'm no longer holding on to what I had as much.  I've considered oral Dutasteride but the side effects were a concern so I did not proceed.  I've read online about some people applying topical Duterasteride but there doesn't seem to be much research on it.  It would seem as though there should be less side effects if applied topically but it is a concern that it isn't talked about more.  I'd love to hear what others think and would appreciate any advice on the subject.  Thank you. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I have heard very good things about topical dutasteride from Dr. Hasson at xyonhealth.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Topical Dutasteride works for a lot of people and doesn't work for many others.

I can't speak but from my own experience that it completely halted my hair loss and reversed my crown miniaturization to the point of cancelling a scheduled surgery for it.

I still don't have any thinning on my crown. I think it works much better for your crown and mid scalp and your hairline, I have not heard many success stories on hairlines but then again oral dutas doesn't work great there as well.

My advice is to use with caution (once a week) as it's a strong drug and to use it from a pharma grade sources (avoid minoxidilmax). The time I tried minoxidil max I had the worst side effects ever and it's not pharma grade stuff. It's made in China. Stay away.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 5/23/2022 at 6:42 PM, deeznuts said:

Did they release topical dut on xyonhealth already?

They won't release topical dut until later this year, possibly November. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 9:30 PM, mustang said:

Topical Dutasteride works for a lot of people and doesn't work for many others.

I can't speak but from my own experience that it completely halted my hair loss and reversed my crown miniaturization to the point of cancelling a scheduled surgery for it.

I still don't have any thinning on my crown. I think it works much better for your crown and mid scalp and your hairline, I have not heard many success stories on hairlines but then again oral dutas doesn't work great there as well.

My advice is to use with caution (once a week) as it's a strong drug and to use it from a pharma grade sources (avoid minoxidilmax). The time I tried minoxidil max I had the worst side effects ever and it's not pharma grade stuff. It's made in China. Stay away.

Hey @mustang - where did you get your topical DUT from?