Topical Fin, little scared?

hey, i've had a hair transplant for a year and a half, the effect is not perfect, but it can be. I can see that old natural hair is getting thinner and empty spaces. I'm afraid of finasteride tablets and I bought topical I have the whole bottle but I'm also afraid to start, did any of you have any side effects from topical? I am afraid of depression or other things best regards.photos of hair in previous posts.because I only had a bend transplant

Edited by Patro1995

Patro1995,

Finasteride is highly effective in helping men slow down or even stop the progression of male pattern baldness. However, I understand that you were concerned about the potential risk of side effects. They are reportedly rare and it is said that they typically go away with continued use.   Worst-case scenario, stopping the medication will likely result in the elimination of side effects.

All that to say however, there have been some men  that have reported ongoing side effects after they stopped using finasteride.  Whether or not that’s a coincidence and issues they experienced were related are debatable but there was enough concern about it that Merck did decide to put the possibility of ongoing side effects on the label.

All that to say if you are still experiencing hair loss, you may need subsequent hair transplant procedures to meet your long-term hair restoration goals. Stabilizing your thinning hair is ideal but it’s not always possible.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

Best to start on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday split. Make sure you only wash your hair two days after application. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Some guys prefer to start some hair loss meds in smaller amounts and/or less frequent doses and gradually increase to the recommended levels…always a good idea to initially discuss with your doctor 

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

IMHO, a small dosage of .25 mg per day would be a good starting point…does your doctor agree with this?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I have something like that from "farmacieandora" is a pharmacy. I pissed two days ago, today I'm a bit sad, I don't feel like anything, or I'm just making things up and being oversensitive, is it possible? I sprayed it on my head four times

received_764966808242843.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Patro1995 said:

I have something like that from "farmacieandora" is a pharmacy. I pissed two days ago, today I'm a bit sad, I don't feel like anything, or I'm just making things up and being oversensitive, is it possible? I sprayed it on my head four times

received_764966808242843.jpeg

This is a good low dose - studies have shown it's very unlikely to go systemic. Did they give any instructions on how many pumps/sprays?

On 5/20/2022 at 8:35 AM, Aslitarcan sucks said:

This is a good low dose - studies have shown it's very unlikely to go systemic. Did they give any instructions on how many pumps/sprays?

no, I took it for my own use, I'll piss on the center of my head where I didn't have the grafts and on the socket in the back three times. the week will be ok?

On 5/27/2022 at 12:37 AM, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Hahhahahhahah

three times, bends, middle of the head, and the back like empty space. Three times a week, I'm not going to be depressed, is it?

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2022 at 11:10 PM, Patro1995 said:

no, I took it for my own use, I'll piss on the center of my head where I didn't have the grafts and on the socket in the back three times. the week will be ok?

Please don’t piss on you’re head, it will be messy and won’t help 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2