How come their isn’t any real info on scalp resurfacing I’ve heard a few ppl have some success. Joe rogan has a clean head but he had 3 transplants I wonder how his scalp is so smooth from all that trauma, besides the line on the back which has gotten better. Anybody have any insight on resurfacing treatments or experience?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kkmh said:

How come their isn’t any real info on scalp resurfacing I’ve heard a few ppl have some success. Joe rogan has a clean head but he had 3 transplants I wonder how his scalp is so smooth from all that trauma, besides the line on the back which has gotten better. Anybody have any insight on resurfacing treatments or experience?

Joe Rogan has had FUT which means he has a pencil line scar you can notice when in specific lights you see the back and side of his head.

However, any competent clinic worth their salt will be able to transplant hair in such a way it matches the look of the native hair and when shaving it slick bald with a razor, there shouldn't be any issues with bumpy parts etc. 

Joe might also have overtime had the scar tan somewhat with him having a bald head and being in the sun that naturally hides it a bit more too. 

I don't think there's any real thing such as "scalp resurfacing". You simply need to identify the issues that may be there with your scalp such as it being dried, inflamed, itchy or very oily etc. and just deal with those issues by finding either the causes and eliminating/reducing them or finding treatments to manage them. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Joe Rogan has had FUT which means he has a pencil line scar you can notice when in specific lights you see the back and side of his head.

However, any competent clinic worth their salt will be able to transplant hair in such a way it matches the look of the native hair and when shaving it slick bald with a razor, there shouldn't be any issues with bumpy parts etc. 

Joe might also have overtime had the scar tan somewhat with him having a bald head and being in the sun that naturally hides it a bit more too. 

I don't think there's any real thing such as "scalp resurfacing". You simply need to identify the issues that may be there with your scalp such as it being dried, inflamed, itchy or very oily etc. and just deal with those issues by finding either the causes and eliminating/reducing them or finding treatments to manage them. 

that might be true for most people but not all, i scarred really badly from fue at 0.7-0.8mm supposedely and have scars that protrude maybe 1-4mm from the surface of my skin therefore are 3d and not flat leading them to be very visible when short i found out when i had my head shaved for my transplant with mwamba i asked him if it was becuase of the poor work from the prior clinic but he told me it was becuase im african and therefore more prone to hypertrophic scarring rather than the surgeons negligence form the previous work, im using scar gel in hopes of flattening them but the resurfacing sounds very interesting

2 hours ago, Kkmh said:

by resurfacing do you mean dermabrasion?

Just now, Kkmh said:

Fraxel, c02, dermabrasion but I heard that doesn’t work or leaves scaring 

im kinda worried if those techniques damage the surrounding hair in the donor in any way

6 hours ago, mmokin said:

that might be true for most people but not all, i scarred really badly from fue at 0.7-0.8mm supposedely and have scars that protrude maybe 1-4mm from the surface of my skin therefore are 3d and not flat leading them to be very visible when short i found out when i had my head shaved for my transplant with mwamba i asked him if it was becuase of the poor work from the prior clinic but he told me it was becuase im african and therefore more prone to hypertrophic scarring rather than the surgeons negligence form the previous work, im using scar gel in hopes of flattening them but the resurfacing sounds very interesting

I’m very surprised to hear a .7 or .8 punch was used on Afro hair. Typically, a larger punch is used due to the tight curl under the skin. Do you have pictures of your donor scarring? It sounds like it may be keloid-type scarring

3 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I’m very surprised to hear a .7 or .8 punch was used on Afro hair. Typically, a larger punch is used due to the tight curl under the skin. Do you have pictures of your donor scarring? It sounds like it may be keloid-type scarring

it wasnt a keloid, i know this 100% it is just bad hypertrophic scarring

13 hours ago, mmokin said:

i do have pictures but im not going to share them at this time i will wait a few months and make a post

That would honestly be so helpful to the forum just as a reminder to people that even if you go with a great surgeon there’s no such thing as scarless surgery. Especially if you happen to be a bad scarrer.