2nd HT Surgery _ 3900 Grafts

Greetings,

Since my first FUT surgery which was done in 2014 failed with time, finally i did my second surgery (FUE) in New Roots Clinic India, total 3900 grafts are planted with Sapphire FUE method...

Images attached in this post are from 2013 first FUT based Surgery...

Screenshot_20220502-013228.jpg

Screenshot_20201208-173015.jpg

Screenshot_20201210-105155.jpg

3 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Thanks for posting, hope you get decent growth, shame the last Ht with Dr Radha didn’t work out. What made you choose this particular clinic ? 🙏

I never took Finasteride and Prp after first HT and hence my first surgery failed after few years.. And i was also suffering from Sebboherric Dermatitis...

1 minute ago, npk21 said:

I never took Finasteride and Prp after first HT and hence my first surgery failed after few years.. And i was also suffering from Sebboherric Dermatitis...

Looks like you have possible retrograde Alopecia, and maybe DUPA, was any of this mentioned or discussed with either Clinic ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Looks like you have possible retrograde Alopecia, and maybe DUPA, was any of this mentioned or discussed with either Clinic ? 

Yes even i feel I have Retrograde Alopecia.. But never discussed with my Doctor.. They only said that i have Androgenic Alopecia.. 

I doubt if there is any treatment for this alopecia and my temple hairs have receded a lot due to it.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

Weird, your transplanted hairs from first HT have died or maybe the graft density wasn't a lot with first HT

They died after 3 years.. 😕

11 hours ago, npk21 said:

They died after 3 years.. 😕

No they didn't - you just lost all your existing hair in that area & behind it.  Happens to alot of people as baldness is progressive - even w/medication.  If your genetics are locked in for aggressive balding - medication only slows the hairloss.  Although it does tend to keep 'donor' hair much healthier to use for future transplants.  Also, hairloss can greatly accelerate in your 40's if you managed to hold onto the midscalp & crown (though slowly losing it) in one's 30's.  Again, can't fight genetics.  Since you weren't on any medication - you simply experienced progressive hairloss all the way through your crown over the next 5 years after your transplant. 

I had 3,800 grafts put in my frontal 1/3rd over many years & about 7 years after my last transplant at age 45 I rapidly started losing the rest of my mid-vertex to crown (even after being on propecia/avodart for 10+ years and using minox).  My genetics simply caught up w/me & I did another 5K of grafts front to back in 2017.  Holding up well thus far.  Good luck and keep us updated.

Edited by jjsrader
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't understand.. Its almost 44 days now, only old transplanted hairs have grown and the small baby hairs which starts popping up after a month are not visible on my scalp.. The grafts are still resting under the scalp.. Why is it delaying?

IMG_20220502_171137.jpg

No delay, the new grafts can take weeks to shed, or some might give the impression they are growing, where in fact they are just being pushed out the scalp. Nothing to worry about at all, new grafts won’t even start to grow for most people until at least month 4, early growth can appear from month 3 onwards, but this is not happening for most people. What you’re experiencing is totally normal 👍🏽

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J.A.C said:

No delay, the new grafts can take weeks to shed, or some might give the impression they are growing, where in fact they are just being pushed out the scalp. Nothing to worry about at all, new grafts won’t even start to grow for most people until at least month 4, early growth can appear from month 3 onwards, but this is not happening for most people. What you’re experiencing is totally normal 👍🏽

My all grafts shedded only in 20 days itself.. So i was expecting early growth.. But only old hairs have grown so far.. And the transplant area has become very plain.. The newly planted grafts or the pores are also not visible.. Hence i was worried 😟

3 minutes ago, npk21 said:

My all grafts shedded only in 20 days itself.. So i was expecting early growth.. But only old hairs have grown so far.. And the transplant area has become very plain.. The newly planted grafts or the pores are also not visible.. Hence i was worried 😟

It’s common for shedding to happen during that time frame, they will not go straight in to the growth stage afterwards, it’s more like a “resting phase” they will appear again within a few months 👍🏽

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 4:20 PM, jjsrader said:

No they didn't - you just lost all your existing hair in that area & behind it.  Happens to alot of people as baldness is progressive - even w/medication.  If your genetics are locked in for aggressive balding - medication only slows the hairloss.  Although it does tend to keep 'donor' hair much healthier to use for future transplants.  Also, hairloss can greatly accelerate in your 40's if you managed to hold onto the midscalp & crown (though slowly losing it) in one's 30's.  Again, can't fight genetics.  Since you weren't on any medication - you simply experienced progressive hairloss all the way through your crown over the next 5 years after your transplant. 

I had 3,800 grafts put in my frontal 1/3rd over many years & about 7 years after my last transplant at age 45 I rapidly started losing the rest of my mid-vertex to crown (even after being on propecia/avodart for 10+ years and using minox).  My genetics simply caught up w/me & I did another 5K of grafts front to back in 2017.  Holding up well thus far.  Good luck and keep us updated.

What’s your family history like? Have you looked at nutritional issues through blood tests like vitamin d, ferritin, etc? You’re obviously not a newbie as you’re well versed in a lot of this but I’m surprised to hear fin/dut stopped working for you after it initially helped.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

What’s your family history like? Have you looked at nutritional issues through blood tests like vitamin d, ferritin, etc? You’re obviously not a newbie as you’re well versed in a lot of this but I’m surprised to hear fin/dut stopped working for you after it initially helped.

Actually I forgot to mention the most important part . I am suffering from Sebboheric Dermatitis from many many years, its just that I am not sure if it was responsible for the hair loss.. Many doctors I consultED in past said that dermatitis will not damage transplant hairs.. Even after my second surgery on 7th day there were many dry shafts accumulated on my skin with inflammation due to dermatitis...

Just now, npk21 said:

Actually I forgot to mention the most important part . I am suffering from Sebboheric Dermatitis from many many years, its just that I am not sure if it was responsible for the hair loss.. Many doctors I consultED in past said that dermatitis will not damage transplant hairs.. Even after my second surgery on 7th day there were many dry shafts accumulated on my skin with inflammation due to dermatitis...

It seb derm is left untreated it can harm the hairs. You need to try and get it under control: ketoconazole, salicylic acid, coal tar shampoos, topical steroids, all things you can try. Do not oil your scalp- I know this is a big thing in India but the oil is one of the worst things you can do if you have seb derm. Keep your scalp clean and shampoo often to get rid of excess sebum

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, npk21 said:

I can totally sympathise with you here, i have the same issue. It’s been difficult in treating it at times, finding what works and what doesn’t… 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

It seb derm is left untreated it can harm the hairs. You need to try and get it under control: ketoconazole, salicylic acid, coal tar shampoos, topical steroids, all things you can try. Do not oil your scalp- I know this is a big thing in India but the oil is one of the worst things you can do if you have seb derm. Keep your scalp clean and shampoo often to get rid of excess sebum

Yes.. When the shafts were spreading initially i thought it was dry scabs due to transplant.. But when it started burning I immediately took medicines to keep it under control.. 

24 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

I can totally sympathise with you here, i have the same issue. It’s been difficult in treating it at times, finding what works and what doesn’t… 

But i am tired of it over these years.. I have tried all kinds of medicines, they all have helped me to keep it under control but no permanent solution I have found till date.. Evry month it comes back... Starts from my nose and ears .. And then the scalp.. Dry shafts and red burning skin.. 

• Like 1