2nd HT Surgery _ 3900 Grafts

• Valued Contributor

It can take up to four months before growth is evident. You are well over one month short of this. I would not be making a judgement until at least six months. I would be discussing any issues of growth with the surgeon you chose. All the best!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

It can take up to four months before growth is evident. You are well over one month short of this. I would not be making a judgement until at least six months. I would be discussing any issues of growth with the surgeon you chose. All the best!

Let's see.. I can see some hairs sprouting.. But I am not sure if I will be able to manage decent result after an year...

Were you on an oral 5AR inhibitor between 2013 and now ? 

Are you currently on oral 5AR inhibitor bro ? 

You have very agressive Androgenic Alopecia. 

I would strongly recommend Dutasteride. I see it as the only viable option in your case. Try to get the brand name Avodart. 

It is very important to be on medication because otherwise your tranplanted hairs will eventually disappear due to DUPA and your native hairs will continue to miniaturize and fall out especially in the crown... Your crown may soon drop into Norwood 5- 6 so be very careful. 

You will not see any growth till the 3 month mark. For most patients, most of the growth happens between the 3rd month and the 6th month. And then it thickens up and "matures" a bit more till the 8-12 months.  It know how hard it is to deal with the post surgery phase. I've been there I know the agony of hairloss sufferer since I am one myself. But patience is key. 

All the best bro. 

• Like 1

Yes... I never took finasteride or dutasteride after my first HT in 2013, I started taking it after my second transplant... Seems like I will need to take it lifetime to keep the hair dense...

What worries me is that my growth rate is not looking good after 80 days of second HT.. Should I try to change the brand of my minoxidil and dutasteride for good results?

7 hours ago, npk21 said:

Yes... I never took finasteride or dutasteride after my first HT in 2013, I started taking it after my second transplant... Seems like I will need to take it lifetime to keep the hair dense...

What worries me is that my growth rate is not looking good after 80 days of second HT.. Should I try to change the brand of my minoxidil and dutasteride for good results?

Yes you should. At least for Dutasteride since this is your foundation. You should use brand name Avodart. 

For minoxidil, liquid generic minoxidil 5% in India is fine. Rogaine is way too expensive.

That said, they won't make any difference to the outcome of the transplant. At best minoxidil might speed up a little bit the regrowth. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, ITA said:

There is something wrong, that redness, in my opinion it is a symptom of some problem in that part of the scalp.

That redness is because of prp injection which I took a day before taking this snap...

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, npk21 said:

He says it's oddly 5 months now and quite early to judge now.. 😖

Change dermatologist, point out that only the right side has not grown back and is particularly red, which may not be normal and if it is the case, also take a biopsy in that part of the scalp, there are some diseases not visible to the naked eye, but that require in-depth examinations, Even if I feel I can advise you to wait for the end of the path before doing anything else.

6 minutes ago, ITA said:

Change dermatologist, point out that only the right side has not grown back and is particularly red, which may not be normal and if it is the case, also take a biopsy in that part of the scalp, there are some diseases not visible to the naked eye, but that require in-depth examinations, Even if I feel I can advise you to wait for the end of the path before doing anything else.

I have dermatitis due to which scalp stays red most of the time, but I doubt if it has got anything to do with Hair Transplant procedure..

31 minutes ago, npk21 said:
38 minutes ago, ITA said:

I have dermatitis due to which scalp stays red most of the time, but I doubt if it has got anything to do with Hair Transplant procedure..

You doubt, but you'll never be 100% sure

• Sad 1

Between not taking finasteride and your seborrheic dermatitis, I think these are the reasons why your first transplant didn't work out.

The second transplant looks really promising, a huge difference at 5 months!
I am happy for you, make sure that you take all the medication you need to keep your new hair. :)

It will thicken up over time.  Also, try biotin supplements every day as a boost.  It is good for hair AND skin health. 

Edited by SeanToman

11 minutes ago, SeanToman said:

Between not taking finasteride and your seborrheic dermatitis, I think these are the reasons why your first transplant didn't work out.

The second transplant looks really promising, a huge difference at 5 months!
I am happy for you, make sure that you take all the medication you need to keep your new hair. :)

It will thicken up over time.  Also, try biotin supplements every day as a boost.  It is good for hair AND skin health. 

My worry is that why is one side has not grown up so far... Is it common thing to happen? My doctor says 5 months are too early to judge..

1 minute ago, npk21 said:

My worry is that why is one side has not grown up so far... Is it common thing to happen? My doctor says 5 months are too early to judge..

5 months is too early.

Hair follicles are independent, they grow when they want to.  Some take a 4 months, some take 8 months. 
Time will tell. :)

Here is my five months versus nine months;
image.png.152c31f1910cec759ffccd99160f8dimage.png.3f052edfb928f81d0e881b853361a9

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SeanToman said:

5 months is too early.

Hair follicles are independent, they grow when they want to.  Some take a 4 months, some take 8 months. 
Time will tell. :)

Here is my five months versus nine months;
image.png.152c31f1910cec759ffccd99160f8dimage.png.3f052edfb928f81d0e881b853361a9

Superb dude..  you are looking marvelous.. Finally some confidence gained in me.. Thanks 💗

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is evident that you got worse from the fifth to the sixth month, sorry if I'm so direct, but are you really still convinced that your scalp is healthy?

B6578A68-09AA-4F26-B715-553755631B3C.jpeg

591C85CE-DEA3-4F6C-BBD0-F17ACC3379BB.jpeg

Edited by ITA

18 minutes ago, ITA said:

I don't mean to be repetitive, but you have a scalp problem, especially on the right side.

But my doctor says I have dermatitis and nothing else... I am having medicines for the same as well... And past two weeks I have observed a lot of hair fall.. I am just not sure if it is native hair or transplant one...