My experience with Xyon topical Finasteride

gvlaker09

On 8/13/2022 at 10:35 AM, BigApple said:

Brother could you help out with the math a bit. Pharma math is very confusing lol. I am trying to work out how to convert oral to topical dosage.

Just x10 to get mg per ml. 

0.025% = 0.25mg per 1ml 

2.5% = 25mg per 1ml 

So if you took 1ml of a 2.5% formula MWF, and 25% were to go systemic, you’d be theoretically exposing yourself to almost 19mg of finasteride per week, which is considerably more than the FDA approved oral dosage of 7mg per week. 

Just a consideration, as people who tend to opt for topical formulas are usually doing so in vain of reducing systemic exposure. 

Update for me: Definitely got sides on the time I was on XYON even MWF. I am overly careful so I am going to stop and just stay on Minoxidil, maybe mix in some Nizoral. Sides: Weak erection and sensitivity on left nipple, small lump underneath left nipple which is what made me decide to go off. Not risking gyno. I believe I am someone who is sensitive to Finasteride, had the exact same side effects (not sure about the gyno) with every attempt.

I tried 1mg ED, topical ED from essential clinic (liposomal gel), and XYON. same sides with everything.

The good news is I am completely fine with getting 2-3 more HTs in the future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Recently, I received my XYON. At 2.5%, it is powerful stuff. I don't think I experienced sides. Note that I am taking both oral finasteride and dutasteride.

I wonder why Dr Hasson has this topical finasteride as gel form vehicle. This gel seems to get on the hair first before it gets on the scalp. If XYON is less viscous and more like a liquid, then I would imagine it would be easier to spread it all over the scalp. But what do I know, Dr Hasson knows best.

3 hours ago, Antlor said:

Recently, I received my XYON. At 2.5%, it is powerful stuff. I don't think I experienced sides. Note that I am taking both oral finasteride and dutasteride.

I wonder why Dr Hasson has this topical finasteride as gel form vehicle. This gel seems to get on the hair first before it gets on the scalp. If XYON is less viscous and more like a liquid, then I would imagine it would be easier to spread it all over the scalp. But what do I know, Dr Hasson knows best.

Well, the whole point of Xyon's topical Finasteride is the gel. According to Dr. Hasson, they have experimented with different kinds of liquid solutions that other companies use like Propylene Glycol but all of these solvents went systemic which led to adverse side effects. The gel they came up with should theoretically limit the absorption of Finasteride into the bloodstream making it less likely to result in unwanted side effects. The downside is, it's a bit more difficult to apply properly to your scalp.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Antlor said:

Oral finasteride AND dutasteride? Seems redundant.

So, the instructions say that if you are covering a large area you should apply 2 pumps worth eod. That seems like a massive dose. I buzzed my hair off to make application easier if I do pull the trigger. I thought this was a good idea but then I remembered I'm supposed to be spreading this slop on my head for the rest of my life. 

• 1 year later...