My experience with Xyon topical Finasteride

gvlaker09

I’m a 35 year old male and had my first hair transplant this January. It’s still kind of early, but so far the results have been good. Years ago, before considering a hair transplant, I started taking oral Finasteride. I was on it for a month or so and developed side effects, so I stopped taking it and just decided to live with gradually losing my hair. Now that I spent a good amount of money on a hair transplant and the release of Xyon topical Finasteride, I decided to give the medicine a second chance. My biggest reason in trying the topical solution was the promising potential of little to no side effects. I did my research and talked with the Xyon doctor and I was convinced this new solution was going to work for me, with no side effects and beat further hair loss. Well here I am 2.5 months on Xyon topical Finasteride and the side effects are real. I’d say the first 2-4 weeks were good, no side effects at all. After that I started experiencing sexual side effects that have not subsided. Not to get too much in the weeds, but, I’ve experienced a lower sex drive, fewer and softer erections, and watery semen. I’m an active guy, I eat healthy, work out, take care of myself and have a solid relationship. These side effects are directly related to the medicine. I’ve been following the instructions and have been using one pump of the solution every morning. I alerted the Xyon doctor about my side effects and was instructed to stop the medicine for two weeks and then restart, only using the solution 3 times a week. I’ve now stop the medicine and plan on seeing how the next couple of weeks go. I’m still up in the air on if I want to get back on it. Regardless, I’m thrilled I finally took the leap and got a hair transplant. I love looking in the mirror and seeing my hairline come in. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Have you tried doing a Monday, Wednesday, Friday split?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

If I were to take finasteride, it would be M,W,F this formula is powerful, the reason the concentration is high is because it’s more like a patch than a topical. You have to have high concentration for it to work. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

If the topical has shown some form of propensity to go systemic, then you have to realise you are essentially applying 25mg of finasteride per 1ml of solution onto your head - so even if only 25% of that ended up systemically, and you were applying if MWF, combined with the rule of the half life . . . Well you can do the maths. 

The last thing I want is a systemic reduction in DHT, so the way in which I try to avoid this, is by micro dosing a low concentration (0.025%) on a twice weekly basis. My rationale is that even if 100% were to go systemic each time, it would be the equivalent of taking 0.5mg per week, which I don’t believe has been shown to have any major impact on systemic reductions in DHT. 

• Like 1

Just now, Curious25 said:

If the topical has shown some form of propensity to go systemic, then you have to realise you are essentially applying 25mg of finasteride per 1ml of solution onto your head - so even if only 25% of that ended up systemically, and you were applying if MWF, combined with the rule of the half life . . . Well you can do the maths. 

The last thing I want is a systemic reduction in DHT, so the way in which I try to avoid this, is by micro dosing a low concentration (0.025%) on a twice weekly basis. My rationale is that even if 100% were to go systemic each time, it would be the equivalent of taking 0.5mg per week, which I don’t believe has been shown to have any major impact on systemic reductions in DHT. 

I should add, that on the flip side, it may mean that I am not actually benefiting from much efficacy. But something is better than nothing. And it is part of a multi combination routine, so I am content. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2022 at 8:55 PM, Curious25 said:

so the way in which I try to avoid this, is by micro dosing a low concentration (0.025%) on a twice weekly basis. My rationale is that even if 100% were to go systemic each time, it would be the equivalent of taking 0.5mg per week, which I don’t believe has been shown to have any major impact on systemic reductions in DHT. 

This is exactly what I'll do if/when I use topical fin

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, gvlaker09 said:

Yes, I’ve been doing the MWF regimen for about three weeks now. So far it’s working out with no issues

That’s great to hear, I believe that’s the best route. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, gvlaker09 said:

Yes, I’ve been doing the MWF regimen for about three weeks now. So far it’s working out with no issues

Yes this is excellent news @gvlaker09. I hope you keep us all updated on the forum here on how you go. I commenced with 5% topical minoxidil a few weeks ago but I really need to try to get hold of topical finasteride here in Australia somehow. Thanks for sharing mate! 👍

16 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Yes this is excellent news @gvlaker09. I hope you keep us all updated on the forum here on how you go. I commenced with 5% topical minoxidil a few weeks ago but I really need to try to get hold of topical finasteride here in Australia somehow. Thanks for sharing mate! 👍

Hopefully when xyon releases officially, we'll get some insight as when we an get it internationally

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, hockeyman said:

How is it going? Hope you're still side effect free.

I am still side effect free with the MWF regimen. I’ve been thinking about adding in a fourth day to the mix. If I do, I’ll be sure to post an update. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 3:55 PM, Curious25 said:

"Well you can do the maths. "

Brother could you help out with the math a bit. Pharma math is very confusing lol. I am trying to work out how to convert oral to topical dosage.

For example if I wanted to only get the equivalent of 5mg total of oral finasteride in my system per week, but through a topical form , for example by using a formulation which is 0.25% concentration - how many ml of it should I apply per day (or per alternate days etc). Would really appreciate if you could help us work out something like that. Or maybe it is phrased better the other way - if I use 1ml per day what should be the required concentration to work upto the weekly total mentioned above? 

Edited by BigApple

Hello,

See here https://www.minoxidilmax.com/topical-finasteride-with-minoxidil-Essengen-6-Plus

(Supposing minoxidilmax is not a cheater)

finasteride 0.05% is 0.5mg per ml.

So if you get 0.25%, you have 2.5mg/ml 

So if you want 5mg a week you have to take 2ml per week.

Edited by Alfred

Thanks for this thread. I just purchased Xyon, and have attempted finasteride twice. Once oral and once topical. Both times experienced one situation where I couldn't get it up and immediately discontinued. Side effects subsided after that so that tells me I can return to baseline. 

Going to try Xyon as well MWF

6 hours ago, lindros88 said:

Thanks for this thread. I just purchased Xyon, and have attempted finasteride twice. Once oral and once topical. Both times experienced one situation where I couldn't get it up and immediately discontinued. Side effects subsided after that so that tells me I can return to baseline. 

Going to try Xyon as well MWF

Awesome, let us know how you get on

On 8/16/2022 at 4:04 PM, BurnieBurns said:

Awesome, let us know how you get on

I’ve felt side effects after 2 applications, one on Sunday and one on Monday. I think I may have nocebod myself from reading too much online though as I took the topical a couple months last year and it took some time before side effects appeared. I am thinking to just push through it. And maybe the constant checking to see if I can get a boner isn’t helping haha.

• Sad 1