This is shock loss????

Hello everyone, how are you? I recently underwent a HT and I am very uncomfortable with my donor area, my doctor is Turkish, and does not speak my language much, and the translator does not explain well about shock loss or an excessive harvest, 1,500 follicles were removed, I have 4 weeks, do you hear an over-harvest? or is it a shock? when 6 months pass, for example, if I shave my hair, will these flaws look like I'm bald?

Please help me!

IMG_2518.JPG

IMG_2519.PNG

Only time will tell…it will take 4-6 months to see how much grows back.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

At 4 weeks it may be shock loss. But only time will tell. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, omgmyhair13 said:

@Seantoman Thanx for the repost man, do you have this too in your HT??? have photos?

I was fairly bad with shockloss, more so on my crown.  Where I had hair it just disappeared after a transplant. 
It all grew back in time.
Access the situation at the 3 month mark. :)

image.thumb.png.081dbc464685284c51f446c736a8fa9f.png

• Like 1

Hello friends, today I went to another clinic to ask for a second opinion, since I'm Brazilian, 
and I was operated on in Brazil by a Turkish doctor who doesn't speak my language lol.. 
I'm still very shaken by these flaws in my hair, today I complete 1 month after the operation, the 2nd doctor told me that only time will tell if it was really deforestation.. this photo is in a darker place and doesn't show up as much... 
any more opinions about it? The doctor also didn't make a densification on the front as I would like,
I'm very uncomfortable with the procedure because I'm not having the necessary respawn from the clinic, what would you do in my opinion? ask for money back? judicial process? I'm still thinking that this part is not a shock loss but a devastation :(

IMG_2625.PNG

7 hours ago, omgmyhair13 said:

@SeanTomanlooks great, but I see you shock loss in donor area is so much less than mine :(

Hi, I would respectfully disagree, based on your images.

There is barely any contrast between my hair & skin after the shock loss I experienced in the donor.
You can also see bigger patches of shock loss on my donor.

Edited by SeanToman

Omgmyhair13,

It’s very likely that you are experiencing shock loss by the pictures you’ve presented. At only four weeks postop, this is very common so I wouldn’t be alarmed. At only 1500 grafts, I wouldn’t think that your donor has been over harvested either.

Shock loss is a fancy term for telogen effluvium, a temporary hair loss condition that is typically caused by some kind of stressor. In this case, the trauma related to surgery is the stressor.  Shock loss typically occurs 4 to 10 weeks after hair restoration surgery and begins to grow back between 5 to 6 months and can take up to a year to fully return.

At this point you are early on in the healing and growth process so I recommend sharing your monthly photos on this forum and we can help you keep track of your progress.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Shocked hair follicles retreat into the resting phase where they remain for approximately 3-4 months and then they enter a new growth phase...of course some cycle a little sooner, some a little later.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY