Is chest hair and belly hair the same?

• Moderators

It's going to vary greatly from person to person as to how suitable your belly (abdomen) hair is. If your chest hair has been determined to be good for transplanting and if your belly has the same or similar qualities as your chest hair including the length that it grows and how much of it you have then it is probably able to be used. I had a lot of chest hair taken and we had to move further down into my abdomen in later sessions as I don't have much chest hair left to use. The abdomen hair seems to be growing well on me and I plan to use more of it on my next session.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor

It really is a last resort as in my case three months ago. What is your current hair loss situation? Is your scalp and beard donor maxed out? In terms of 'suitability' it is not just the quality or length of body hair but also why it is being used? for myself I had adequate body hair to compensate for poor scalp and donor hair. All the best.

• Administrators

Belly hair is not the same as chest hair. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• graft81 changed the title to Is chest hair and belly hair the same?
On 4/24/2022 at 1:34 PM, Gatsby said:

It really is a last resort as in my case three months ago. What is your current hair loss situation? Is your scalp and beard donor maxed out? In terms of 'suitability' it is not just the quality or length of body hair but also why it is being used? for myself I had adequate body hair to compensate for poor scalp and donor hair. All the best.

My thread with pictures is here:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63356-40-yo-fue-smp-wo-meds/

I need to add a frontal view, to show the high hairline.

My scalp donor hasn't even been touched yet, but I don't know exactly how good it is. I need to have it examined in person.

The Problem with beard donor is that I don't want them to take many grafts from my beard, so they would need to use other hair.

Edited by graft81
  • Like 1