Donor hair

Bonek

Hi @Bonek

Based on this single image, your donor does not appear to present any obvious concerns and looks reasonably good.

Your crown appears to be opening and so whilst this appears to have maintained its height, depending on your age, regimen of hair loss preventative medication and potential frontal loss that cant be seen, these factors would all be considered and influential in any extraction approach.

By all means share full side profiles also to be able to see the strength above the ears which is a common area that presents a drop in density, and also to see how your temporal area has maintained.

Additional information such as age, regimen and extent of loss would also be helpful in terms of a better understanding of current hair status and potential candidacy.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Raphael84 said:

Hi @Bonek

Based on this single image, your donor does not appear to present any obvious concerns and looks reasonably good.

Your crown appears to be opening and so whilst this appears to have maintained its height, depending on your age, regimen of hair loss preventative medication and potential frontal loss that cant be seen, these factors would all be considered and influential in any extraction approach.

By all means share full side profiles also to be able to see the strength above the ears which is a common area that presents a drop in density, and also to see how your temporal area has maintained.

Additional information such as age, regimen and extent of loss would also be helpful in terms of a better understanding of current hair status and potential candidacy.

This ^

How old are you?

Based on one photo your donor looks healthy and stable as for good candidate.

Sides head photos are also essential for estimation.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Thank you for your answers. I appreciate it alot. 
I'm 26 years old and I have been quoted for 2000-2500 grafts.

I'm posting sides head photos below for a better estimation. Photos were done in a pretty good lighting.

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

Thanks for additional photos.

Your sides appear healthy and you have retained your natural temporal points and shape it would seem which is positive.

In terms of graft recommendations, the photos that you have shared do not show/expose your loss to be able to understand surface area of decline and how many grafts may be appropriate.

Are you using any hair loss preventative medication?
At 26 and considering a hair restoration procedure, without having yet seen your pattern of loss and the area that you are intending to restore, but with your crown also opening, hair loss preventative medication would likely be key and influential in terms of your best interests over the long term.

Without medication, it is safe to say that your loss will likely evolve, as is the nature of a progressive condition such has androgenetic alopecia. With your crown opening, should this progress and your lower crown experience decline and drop, then what may be deemed your "safe" donor area today, may not be the case in 10-15 years due the advancing of crown loss, meaning that any grafts extracted from higher in you donor, may suffer decline and have concern regarding longevity.

Depending on the extent of your current loss and potential progressive pattern, maintaining native hair is generally the first step and oftentimes essential, and in doing so and with a positive response, long term graft demands should hopefully be less with a healthier and "larger" donor area over the long term to be able to meet those demands.

The following video details the need for medication and the "safe" donor area -

• Like 1

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thank you for your answer @Raphael84. I'm currently on oral minoxidil and finasteride and over the last 2/3 years I feel like I perfectly maintained what I had. 

Your crown could have quite easily always been this way.  

I kinda feel like it might be true. I didnt't really see a progressive alopecia over last few years. Hopefully it won't accelerate.

Great that you have a regimen of preventative medication in place and feel that your loss has stabilised over the last years. That is important.

At 26 you would still be a younger patient and therefore any surgery must be mindful of this in its approach.

Your posted images don’t present your loss to be able to comment on that specifically, but back to your original question, your donor would appear fine from these photos without any obvious concern.

I wish you the very best in your next steps and however you may proceed.

• Like 1