Derma pens

10 hours ago, Newyear newhair said:

I’ve been micro needling for around 6 months now and I definitely feel the density and thickness has improved on top.

I use the Dr pen ultima m8 with the 16 cartridges every 2 weeks

Okay mate thankyou! How does it work with the cartridges? Change after every use?

i haven't got myself a dermapen yet, and just the roller because i'm testing if it work before jumping, but it does work for me.

there are different depth that is offered, research differs, from 0.5 having good effect, to 1.5, which is said to be the best for hair, but some other research says it's too damaging and you don't need to do it that deep *1.5 seems to give the best effect however

for me im using 0.75 - 1.0 as it not as painful the i need to numb the area everytime, and it does give result in form of very soft baby hair on the areas that was "lost".
out of the hundreds of these baby hair, only 1 grew long that i can consider it scalp hair, but the baby hairs does give illusion and density that the area is "filled", at least it seems to lower the norwood number by half for me (think of between norwood 2 to 3 instead of full norwood 3). 

not sure about the thickness bacause all it did for me is change the state of the area from barren to baby hair / miniaturised sized. *still improvement

1 hour ago, Whufcdanny95 said:

Okay mate thankyou! How does it work with the cartridges? Change after every use?

It’s adjustable, I set it at 1.25mm and use the cartridges about 4 or 5 times before I change them. I clean them in rubbing alcohol after I’ve used them.

Ive actually been using it for about 9 months after I checked last night 

• Moderators
On 4/22/2022 at 2:46 AM, mafpe said:

i haven't got myself a dermapen yet, and just the roller because i'm testing if it work before jumping, but it does work for me.

there are different depth that is offered, research differs, from 0.5 having good effect, to 1.5, which is said to be the best for hair, but some other research says it's too damaging and you don't need to do it that deep *1.5 seems to give the best effect however

for me im using 0.75 - 1.0 as it not as painful the i need to numb the area everytime, and it does give result in form of very soft baby hair on the areas that was "lost".
out of the hundreds of these baby hair, only 1 grew long that i can consider it scalp hair, but the baby hairs does give illusion and density that the area is "filled", at least it seems to lower the norwood number by half for me (think of between norwood 2 to 3 instead of full norwood 3). 

not sure about the thickness bacause all it did for me is change the state of the area from barren to baby hair / miniaturised sized. *still improvement

How long have you been using it? If you haven't been using it at least a year then there's a good chance that continued use will cause some of those baby hairs to grow into fully mature hairs.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, BeHappy said:

How long have you been using it? If you haven't been using it at least a year then there's a good chance that continued use will cause some of those baby hairs to grow into fully mature hairs.

probably 6 months now? perhaps it might still grow...

• 2 weeks later...

What is the difference between dermapen and dermarolling tho? Honestly apart from the big price difference, I do not see the argument for angle and controlling the depth ect should have so much to say objectively