Has anyone repaired a procedure done by Dr Diep? Who did you go to, and how did it turn out?

I am looking to repair a procedure I've had done by Dr. Diep. He seems to have some persistent practices in his transplants, so if possible I would like to go with a surgeon who has a lot of experience dealing with his work. 

From searching the forum, so far I found only found this post 

This person rates Dr Mwamba the highest, but this person has only just completed and it'll be a while for the final results to come out. 

Edited by HairRun

Did you ever get a biopsy on your scalp to rule out any skin conditions?

I've never heard of a surgeon that specializes in repairing another surgeon's work. Just go to a top doc, most do repair work. Like Dr. Bisanga (BHR) in Belgium. Or Dr. Sethi (Eugenix) in India. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HairRun said:

I am looking to repair a procedure I've had done by Dr. Diep. He seems to have some persistent practices in his transplants, so if possible I would like to go with a surgeon who has a lot of experience dealing with his work. 

From searching the forum, so far I found only found this post 

This person rates Dr Mwamba the highest, but this person has only just completed and it'll be a while for the final results to come out. 

You should reach out to Dr. William Rassman and/or Dr. Parsa Mohebi. I think Dr. Mohebi and Dr. Diep trained together and Dr. Rassman trained both of them

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

I, myself, and at least one other forum member that I know of have gone to Dr. Konior to repair Diep's work. When I was there in recently he actually said he's been seeing more repairs come to him from this particular surgeon. So take that for what it is. 

Edited by BDK081522
  • Like 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

Did you ever get a biopsy on your scalp to rule out any skin conditions?

I've never heard of a surgeon that specializes in repairing another surgeon's work. Just go to a top doc, most do repair work. Like Dr. Bisanga (BHR) in Belgium. Or Dr. Sethi (Eugenix) in India. 

Never heard of getting a skin biopsy, details? From my consultings it's related to the types of techniques Diep uses. I've seen the same ones used on other reviews on here. 

25 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

You should reach out to Dr. William Rassman and/or Dr. Parsa Mohebi. I think Dr. Mohebi and Dr. Diep trained together and Dr. Rassman trained both of them

Out of curiosity, do you know Rassman's practicing status? I saw on the forum that he has a cataract in one eye and he's only doing SMP now. He doesn't seem to have a website anymore either. I know that he was on the list of recommended surgeons but now isn't anymore. 

17 minutes ago, BDK081522 said:

I, myself, and at least one other forum member that I know of have gone to Dr. Konior to repair Diep's work. When I was there in recently he actually said he's been seeing more repairs come to him from this particular surgeon. So take that for what it is. 

Thanks, this is exactly the type of information I was looking for. Do you remember the name of the other person? I was trying to find reviews from you, but I only found this 

Edited by HairRun

I do but I don't believe he has publicly stated who he has gone to for a repair. I believe he is waiting for full maturation so I will refrain from naming.

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

8 minutes ago, HairRun said:

Never heard of getting a skin biopsy, details? From my consultings it's related to the types of techniques Diep uses. I've seen the same ones used on other reviews on here. 

You should try to eliminate any skin conditions before having a second transplant. I'm no fan of Diep's work, but he's not a rookie. Your results are uncommon. Some scalp conditions are like scarring alopecia or lichen planopilaris. These can cause HT failures.

5 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

You should try to eliminate any skin conditions before having a second transplant. I'm no fan of Diep's work, but he's not a rookie. Your results are uncommon. Some scalp conditions are like scarring alopecia or lichen planopilaris. These can cause HT failures.

Thanks, this is very useful information. I'll bring it up. 

I did have a follow up with Diep, and he mentioned that the results turned out excellent, so it may very well have been a style choice that he intended. 

Either way, better be safe than sorry. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, blast said:

There was recent evidence posted to Reddit that Dr. Diep is offering free post-operative services to his clients who offer favourable reviews. There is one post which is like 6 years old and has about 10 recent posts commending his work (obviously they don't understand how Reddit works).

This is nonsense, Dr. Diep does not offer anything for favorable reviews. He asks all of his patients to post reviews. But offers nothing in exchange. Many have come here and complained, so I can 100% say those claims are false. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
On 4/17/2022 at 8:53 PM, blast said:

Sure not doubting you but just reading the reviews it seems very unlikely that people would go out of their way 12months post-op to create an account on Reddit and post on a 6yr old thread without being incentivised. Don't you think? You generally know the kind of people who post genuine reviews - they are far and few. But perhaps these are just very happy customers...

I saw the image on that thread, and that is what he sends all of his patients, he asks them to write reviews everywhere. Some patients have come here and complained. So believe me, he’s not incentivizing them in anyway. I found that thread to be very disingenuous.

Absolutely zero proof showing an email or anything showing he’s offering money for a review. Dr. Diep doesn’t even pay for google ads, he does very little for marketing aside from his YouTube channel and here. His results are legitimate, he gets some that miss the mark too, so that conspiracy theory is easily debunked. Just because he didn’t get a good result on some occasions doesn’t delegitimize his entire portfolio.

The thread also accuses me of censoring or protecting Diep, but those same people turn around and link several threads from here where the patients weren’t happy.  Contradictory and disingenuous. Reddit is not really a place you wanna research hair transplants. You’ll get infinitely better information here, where everyone is free to discuss results whether good or bad. 

Here’s what he sends, looks like he includes more sites, if that picture is legitimate, why wouldn’t he include the portion where he was being incentivized? I tried to respond but I was conveniently banned from tressless. 

B9C46EF5-068E-4E91-B12A-7547511569C6.jpeg

CD61950D-4839-42C7-8161-1C906CE17282.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.