Best surgeon for my situation.

Hi guys I’m 22 now and need to get surgery to cover up the awful transplant I had when I was 18. 

I haven’t started to lose any hair still so I’m not on any fin or minox. Was born with a widows peak and receded temples. Anyway I had a fue when I was 18 at a UK clinic ( stupid asf I know) but I’ve never been happy with my result , the transplant lacks density and instead of helping to frame mt face I feel it does the opposite as I’m constantly wearing a fringe to cover it. 
I know a lot of clinics will consider you when you’re 23 years of age so would like to get recommendations for the best surgeon to go too. 

BDE73AEA-3B14-421F-8DE4-ACC9CAE92919.jpeg

72257866-CAA2-43C4-A02B-87B77C7B556B.jpeg

0A9D6615-CFF5-4A11-98AC-EF3A91EDD61A.jpeg

CBC869F4-644B-415C-AB2F-DD82A1F3E7CD.jpeg

Mind naming and shaming the clinic that took you in at 18? That's unacceptable that they took you in. 

As for your situation -- do not undergo another transplant. You're way too young and if you use up all the grafts to attempt fixing the hairline, you won't have the the grafts needed for when the hair does fall out. I'm sure plenty of folks here who had multiple transplants here before 25 will attest to that danger.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Mind naming and shaming the clinic that took you in at 18? That's unacceptable that they took you in. 

As for your situation -- do not undergo another transplant. You're way too young and if you use up all the grafts to attempt fixing the hairline, you won't have the the grafts needed for when the hair does fall out. I'm sure plenty of folks here who had multiple transplants here before 25 will attest to that danger.

Was FueClinics , I know I’m dumb for going through with it but I was young and I voiced my concerns too them and they assured me it’s common thing for people that young(I recently found out that someone I know my age had one done by same clinic when he was 21) they used 1809 grafts for my frontal hairline so I should have plenty of donor and don’t think I’ll lose much more as dad and brother both had similar situation. I just really struggle with confidence now due to this transplant. I feel with 509 grafts my problem would be fixed. Just really really sucks man if I knew what I do now I’d of waited till I was 23-25 and gone to a too surgeon.

34 minutes ago, Z-- said:

I’d love to get my money back off this clinic and spread awareness on there terrible ethics and morals. Seems they prey on young men which is the worst thing.

3 hours ago, anon707 said:

Hi guys I’m 22 now and need to get surgery to cover up the awful transplant I had when I was 18. 

I haven’t started to lose any hair still so I’m not on any fin or minox. Was born with a widows peak and receded temples. Anyway I had a fue when I was 18 at a UK clinic ( stupid asf I know) but I’ve never been happy with my result , the transplant lacks density and instead of helping to frame mt face I feel it does the opposite as I’m constantly wearing a fringe to cover it. 
I know a lot of clinics will consider you when you’re 23 years of age so would like to get recommendations for the best surgeon to go too. 

BDE73AEA-3B14-421F-8DE4-ACC9CAE92919.jpeg

72257866-CAA2-43C4-A02B-87B77C7B556B.jpeg

0A9D6615-CFF5-4A11-98AC-EF3A91EDD61A.jpeg

CBC869F4-644B-415C-AB2F-DD82A1F3E7CD.jpeg

Hope you are on Finasteride to prevent any further progression of baldness. If not then you should. You can wait for the results of the medications and then go for a transplant if you would like to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, anon707 said:

Was FueClinics , I know I’m dumb for going through with it but I was young and I voiced my concerns too them and they assured me it’s common thing for people that young(I recently found out that someone I know my age had one done by same clinic when he was 21) they used 1809 grafts for my frontal hairline so I should have plenty of donor and don’t think I’ll lose much more as dad and brother both had similar situation. I just really struggle with confidence now due to this transplant. I feel with 509 grafts my problem would be fixed. Just really really sucks man if I knew what I do now I’d of waited till I was 23-25 and gone to a too surgeon.

No worries man. Everyone makes mistakes; fortunately, yours isn't too bad. I will say, it's not usually the first error that makes a situation beyond repair, but the follow-ups. I'd highly recommend waiting until you're older (25 minimum, if not more is ideal) before contemplating a transplant. 99% of ethical surgeons will reject someone at 23, especially in your case. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

You’re too young for surgery. I suggest taking medication and giving it a few years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, anon707 said:

I haven’t started to lose any hair still so I’m not on any fin or minox. Was born with a widows peak and receded temples.

Given the pics of your transplanted hairline, you most definitely are suffering from MPB, I’m afraid. 

15 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You’re too young for surgery. I suggest taking medication and giving it a few years. 

What medication do you recommend ? And should I take it even if I’m not losing hair ? I’ve had this hairline from birth. My brother is the same , he’s 36 now and with a receded hairline he’s had from birth.

21 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Hope you are on Finasteride to prevent any further progression of baldness. If not then you should. You can wait for the results of the medications and then go for a transplant if you would like to.

Okay I will try fin , I just haven’t taken it yet as I honestly don’t think I’m losing hair was born with this messed up hairline. 

do you recommend anything else to go along the fin?and thank you for your reply.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Z-- said:

No worries man. Everyone makes mistakes; fortunately, yours isn't too bad. I will say, it's not usually the first error that makes a situation beyond repair, but the follow-ups. I'd highly recommend waiting until you're older (25 minimum, if not more is ideal) before contemplating a transplant. 99% of ethical surgeons will reject someone at 23, especially in your case. 

Yeah by sounds of it im gonna need to get on the meds soon ,going to find out how to get fin in the UK and start it this week. I was always  under the impression you take it when you start to lose hair.

13 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Given the pics of your transplanted hairline, you most definitely are suffering from MPB, I’m afraid. 

I will try to get some photos of me when I was a child always had this hairline , hence why I got a transplant so young , I had a hairline like my grandad 

32 minutes ago, anon707 said:

Okay I will try fin , I just haven’t taken it yet as I honestly don’t think I’m losing hair was born with this messed up hairline. 

do you recommend anything else to go along the fin?and thank you for your reply.

You can use Minoxidil along with Finasteride and get monthly PRP therapies. They would help a great deal.