Advice choosing a clinic/surgeon

FabioCH

Hi all,

I've reached out to some clinics and received the following proposals :

1) Fue Capilar Dr Gur VIP Package - FUE

Dr. Gür performs: ● Consultation with trichoscope, ● Design of the hair line, ● Extraction of all grafts, ● Opening of the channels.

2300 grafrs -> 2875 EUR

2) Fue Capilar Dr Gur Standard Package - FUE

Dr. Gür performs: ● Consultation with trichoscope, ● Design of the hair line, ● - ● Opening of the channels.

2300 grafrs -> 2500 €

3) Fue Capilar Dr Turan - DHI

Dr. Dogan Turan, personally performs the following procedures: ● Consultation and design of the implant, ● Implantation of each and every follicular unit.

2500-3000 grafts -> 3250 €

4) Dr. Ozlem Bicer - no information regarding the technical nor regaring the tasks handled by Dr. Ozlem Bicer.

~2000 grafts -> 4000 €

Also, at this stage, I found the communication with FUE Capilar better than with Dr. Bicer's clinic.

-> FUE Capilar, sent me a two fully detailed analysis of my situation and the proposed surgical interventions while I only had Whatsapp conversation with Dr. Bicer's clinic and have had to request for update.

I would like to highlight that the cost if of course something a look at but my main concern is the quality, surgeon's skills and of course the expectable output.

Any advices regarding these options ?

Thank y'all in advance.

20220325_084732.jpg

20220325_084745 (1).jpg

20220325_084755.jpg

20220325_091724.jpg

Back_reduce 2.jpg

Edited by FabioCH

32 minutes ago, FabioCH said:

Hi all,

I've reached out to some clinics and received the following proposals :

1) Fue Capilar Dr Gur VIP Package - FUE

Dr. Gür performs: ● Consultation with trichoscope, ● Design of the hair line, ● Extraction of all grafts, ● Opening of the channels.

2300 grafrs -> 2875 EUR

2) Fue Capilar Dr Gur Standard Package - FUE

Dr. Gür performs: ● Consultation with trichoscope, ● Design of the hair line, ● - ● Opening of the channels.

2300 grafrs -> 2500 €

3) Fue Capilar Dr Turan - DHI

Dr. Dogan Turan, personally performs the following procedures: ● Consultation and design of the implant, ● Implantation of each and every follicular unit.

2500-3000 grafts -> 3250 €

4) Dr. Ozlem Bicer - no information regarding the technical nor regaring the tasks handled by Dr. Ozlem Bicer.

~2000 grafts -> 4000 €

Also, at this stage, I found the communication with FUE Capilar better than with Dr. Bicer's clinic.

-> FUE Capilar, sent me a two fully detailed analysis of my situation and the proposed surgical interventions while I only had Whatsapp conversation with Dr. Bicer's clinic and have had to request for update.

I would like to highlight that the cost if of course something a look at but my main concern is the quality, surgeon's skills and of course the expectable output.

Any advices regarding these options ?

Thank y'all in advance.

20220325_084732.jpg

20220325_084745 (1).jpg

20220325_084755.jpg

20220325_091724.jpg

Back_reduce 2.jpg

You would require around 2000 to 2500 grafts maximum. You should also take finasteride to prevent any further progression of baldness. Your donor looks excellent.

• Thanks 1

I think Dr. Biçer is the best of the ones listed but I personally would look outside of Turkey for your case if you can afford it. Dr. De Freitas in Spain wouldn't cost too much more, about 6k€ for 2k grafts I believe and he's one of the best in the world. The Dr's you list aren't in the same league. 

Edited by JoeMan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Dr. Bicer has built a stellar reputation. I have also been impressed by FUEcapilar. I would talk to past patients and ask them about their experiences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Out of the four options listed I would choose Dr. Bicer.

I also found it difficult to communicate with her clinic though. Sending multiple pre-consultations through her clinic and this website. Not even a response. Very unfortunate but they are likely swarmed with requests. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JoeMan said:

I think Dr. Biçer is the best of the ones listed but I personally would look outside of Turkey for your case if you can afford it. Dr. De Freitas in Spain wouldn't cost too much more, about 6k€ for 2k grafts I believe and he's one of the best in the world. The Dr's you list aren't in the same league. 

agree with @JoeMan . No reason to limit yourself to Turkey unless you are on a limited budget (this is unknown based on your post) . Alot of the elite European doctors are surprisingly a lot cheaper than you may imagine. It's the elite American doctors who give inflated prices 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Gur & Turan are both great options if you're looking into HT options in Turkey. They're experienced, take on one patient per day and do the main parts of the surgery themselves.

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2022 at 11:23 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

agree with @JoeMan . No reason to limit yourself to Turkey unless you are on a limited budget (this is unknown based on your post) . Alot of the elite European doctors are surprisingly a lot cheaper than you may imagine. It's the elite American doctors who give inflated prices 🤣

Thanks for the reply.

Tbh, i've check mostly turkish doctors because of the price of course but also because I have the feeling that from the price/distance/results (if you chose the right place of course) points of view. Turkey seems to be one of the most interesting place.

6 hours ago, J.A.C said:

@FabioCHAny further thoughts on who you will be choosing? 🤨

The more I dig, the more I think I will consider Dr. Bicer.

It is really difficult to find any bad review/feedback about her and I've received and fully detailed proposal from her clinic.

Of cours she is a bit more pricey than FueCapilar but as @Melvin- Moderator and @Gatsby said, she as built an amazing reputation through years of practice.

• Like 2

Also I am not fully aware of the difference between DHI and FUE, of course reading through articles DHI seems to be more cutting hedge but I mostly find these information from places performing DHI and therefore I am wondering about the independance/honnesty of this information

11 minutes ago, FabioCH said:

Also I am not fully aware of the difference between DHI and FUE, of course reading through articles DHI seems to be more cutting hedge but I mostly find these information from places performing DHI and therefore I am wondering about the independance/honnesty of this information

Check this out:

• Thanks 1