Female. Can I cover the hairline transplant with some fringe?

I'd love to have a hairline transplant like this. 

Is it possible to cover the transplanted area like this model?

I'm okay with being noticed for the first 2 weeks. 

But after that, do you think anyone will notice that I had a hair transplant? 

Thank you

Screenshot_20220329_120310.jpg

4-long-hairstyle-with-wispy-piece-y-bangs-CLm41JvLYQf.jpg

28 minutes ago, Luna5 said:

Thank you

Hey Luna, 

Whilst as a male i don't regularly focus on female hair transplant results, the ones i have come across do tend to leave the hair longer and use a more partial unsaved method to do the hair transplant. 

This method is where it should be much easier to maintain your privacy with the longer hair, but also sometimes more expensive per graft at some places. 

Can you share any pictures of your current hair and maybe an example of what outcome you are looking for? You can blur/block the face out for privacy if needed. 

43 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Hey Luna, 

Whilst as a male i don't regularly focus on female hair transplant results, the ones i have come across do tend to leave the hair longer and use a more partial unsaved method to do the hair transplant. 

This method is where it should be much easier to maintain your privacy with the longer hair, but also sometimes more expensive per graft at some places. 

Can you share any pictures of your current hair and maybe an example of what outcome you are looking for? You can blur/block the face out for privacy if needed. 

I'm thinking about DHI method without shaving much. 

One clinic told me I will need about 2000 grafts. 

Here's my current hair, and the ideal outcome I'd like. 

IMG_20220330_020710_edit_224892418754745.jpg

Screenshot_20220329_014110_com.android.chrome_edit_187620185724495.jpg

You'll have a redness along the transplanted area for a few months, so it would likely be noticeable.
I'm unsure if certain makeups are available to hide this, that may be something worth considering.

Regardless, I wouldn't put any masking product on it for the first month.
You might be able to pull off having a fringe in the meantime (original hair covering the transplanted area) but wind WILL be your worse enemy.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SeanToman

7 hours ago, Luna5 said:

I'm thinking about DHI method without shaving much. 

One clinic told me I will need about 2000 grafts. 

Here's my current hair, and the ideal outcome I'd like. 

IMG_20220330_020710_edit_224892418754745.jpg

Screenshot_20220329_014110_com.android.chrome_edit_187620185724495.jpg

Thanks for sharing. We usually get guys and bald heads, so you can imagine your hair looks great in comparison lol. 

I do see what you want to achieve and hopefully your pictures can help a few other members chime in with reputable clinic but what might help is posting the country you are from as well and the sort of budget you are working towards. 

Ultimately whether male or female, the basics of the procedure and post-op care are the same and it will take circa 12 months for results. Having the fringe there could definitely help you but it's best to do your research. 

8 hours ago, J.A.C said:

Hi 👋 Welcome to the forum, out of curiosity have you got any Clinics in mind for the transplant? I could suggest some that I know have got good female results already if you like? 

Thank you, I have a budget and I read on this forum that Dr Yaman in turkey is good. So I'm thinking maybe him! 

19 minutes ago, deeznuts said:

It's not really my place to say obviously but your hair looks great. I don't think you need a transplant.

Haha thank you! I feel insecure about the front line so I'd like to get it done! 

9 hours ago, SeanToman said:

You'll have a redness along the transplanted area for a few months, so it would likely be noticeable.
I'm unsure if certain makeups are available to hide this, that may be something worth considering.

Regardless, I wouldn't put any masking product on it for the first month.
You might be able to pull off having a fringe in the meantime (original hair covering the transplanted area) but wind WILL be your worse enemy.

Hope this helps.

A few month is long :/

Thank you for your help! 

Hi @Luna5 and thanks for the mention @J.A.C

It seems to me from the one photo that your forehead is at the right height/distance. It seems to me any lowering “may” not look right. Happy to see more photos to assess facial symmetry. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Sorry, but I don't think Yaman is ideal for rebuilding your hairline, I understand that you probably have a limited budget, I deduce this from the fact that you are oriented towards him, but I think it is safer to look at surgeons of the caliber of Feriduni for example , I have seen excellent results on females, also because the reconstruction of the hairline is the most important part of a transplant and if something goes wrong (double or multiple right on the front line) it is a big problem.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I honestly think that your hairline height is perfect and on top of that you have such killer full looking hair. But just be careful that you choose a surgeon that has lots of experience with female hair lines. I say this because you don't want to go from a natural looking appearance to something that you may later regret. @DrTBarghouthi would be an excellent choice. Also I have seen many incredible female hair transplant results from Dr Pradeep Sethi at Eugenix. Wishing you all the best going forward.

• Like 1

I don't think Dr. Yaman is a good choice for you. Sure, he's cheap but if you proceed, you'll need an experienced surgeon in female hair design. 

Like others, I believe that your hair looks great and quite natural. I think it would be a bad idea to proceed with a hair transplant when it appears that you have an excellent HL. Unless I'm missing something, you have a better hairline than the case you presented below your picture. 

I understand your desire to lower it, but I'd caution you to really do some research before proceeding. You have really dark hair and light skin. This combination makes low density hair transplants look obvious since they look thin. Also consider that very few surgeons have much experience with females. Female hairline is different from a male and you need to ensure that your surgeon can get max density and the design correct. 

Even then, with the best surgeon, things can go wrong and you can look worse than before. So be sure that you understand the risks involved in this type of surgery. This is your head and more specifically, your hairline. It's what everyone sees first when they look at you and an unnatural result will be noticeable. This is why I would pass on on going to Dr. Yaman. I don't think he's refined enough for this case.

• Like 2

I guess to be even more clear, I think any Dr that takes on your case with the picture you presented likely is unethical. Unless the picture you presented doesn't accurately present your case, your hair would look worse going lower as @DrTBarghouthi has already said. 

4 hours ago, Egy said:

Sorry, but I don't think Yaman is ideal for rebuilding your hairline, I understand that you probably have a limited budget, I deduce this from the fact that you are oriented towards him, but I think it is safer to look at surgeons of the caliber of Feriduni for example , I have seen excellent results on females, also because the reconstruction of the hairline is the most important part of a transplant and if something goes wrong (double or multiple right on the front line) it is a big problem.

You are right, it's the most important part. I'll reconsider the doctor and research more. Thank you! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

I don't think Dr. Yaman is a good choice for you. Sure, he's cheap but if you proceed, you'll need an experienced surgeon in female hair design. 

Like others, I believe that your hair looks great and quite natural. I think it would be a bad idea to proceed with a hair transplant when it appears that you have an excellent HL. Unless I'm missing something, you have a better hairline than the case you presented below your picture. 

I understand your desire to lower it, but I'd caution you to really do some research before proceeding. You have really dark hair and light skin. This combination makes low density hair transplants look obvious since they look thin. Also consider that very few surgeons have much experience with females. Female hairline is different from a male and you need to ensure that your surgeon can get max density and the design correct. 

Even then, with the best surgeon, things can go wrong and you can look worse than before. So be sure that you understand the risks involved in this type of surgery. This is your head and more specifically, your hairline. It's what everyone sees first when they look at you and an unnatural result will be noticeable. This is why I would pass on on going to Dr. Yaman. I don't think he's refined enough for this case.

I'm happy I asked on this forum before the procedure. You guys gave me great advice! Thank you 

• Like 2

• Moderators

There is only one picture, but from looking at that I'd say your hair looks very good. I think you should leave it alone. You don't want to risk getting an unnatural hairline from a hair transplant for what seems to be very minor issues that you have with your current, real, natural hairline.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 3/30/2022 at 4:28 AM, Luna5 said:

Thank you

Yes, it is possible to cover the transplanted area with a fringe.

On 3/30/2022 at 6:13 AM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi @Luna5 and thanks for the mention @J.A.C

It seems to me from the one photo that your forehead is at the right height/distance. It seems to me any lowering “may” not look right. Happy to see more photos to assess facial symmetry. 

Words of wisdom from DrTBarghouthi and totally agree with not lowering your hairline but rather reinforcing it…even if you were to lower it by 1cm, it would take so many single hair grafts that have to be perfectly angled and placed to visually achieve a commencement that looks perfectly natural…and I think you would end up  being very happy with reinforcing what you have.👌

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Forgot to mention that the use of a loosely knitted head band that is 2-3 inches wide will adequately hide any signs of surgery and as long as the material allows it to sufficiently breathe and allow oxygen, it can be worn anytime in public until enough regrowth occurs.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY