6 months results, how’s it looking?

RPDCB95

6 hours ago, RPDCB95 said:

Hi, I’m now 6 months post surgery, 3000 grafts, is this looking on track to where it should be?

Should start to thicken up next few months from what I’ve read on here?

6 months results

https://imgur.com/a/tYHFejW

couple weeks before surgery

https://imgur.com/a/sZQOTLH

Can you please post some pics directly on here, members are more likely to chime in. Thanks 🙏 

• Like 1

As J.A.C advised, please, could you share photos right away here, it's just drag and drop... in a first look at those 6 months photos, it looks it's going slow... do you have the clinic´s photos before the op? And the right after post-op photos?... Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Hi have added several photos as requested directly on here

first 3 are current hair, 6 months after transplant,

2nd 3 are hair couple weeks before transplant

shaved head photos are from few months before transplant to get an idea of what loss I was dealing with underneath

last 3 photos are immediately after surgery 3000 grafts 

Last couple photos are after scabs came

Edited by RPDCB95

42 minutes ago, RPDCB95 said:

I don’t want to disclose that information, but was done in the uk

Have you reached out to the clinic yet? I think I’m pretty sure who it is.. Ok so it may be lagging a bit, but we all follow slightly different timelines. 
But if it’s who I think, then we are seeing quite a few of these results that need a follow up/touch up after the 12 months is up.. 

You can see from the background of the pictures that it’s been done at the Hair Dr?

the whole point of the forum is to be transparent and help others out so I never understand why people chose not to name their surgeon, have you reached out to the clinic?

they are usually good at responding and giving feedback to help get the results required.

At 6 months there is still time for further growth 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Classygentleman said:

You can see from the background of the pictures that it’s been done at the Hair Dr?

the whole point of the forum is to be transparent and help others out so I never understand why people chose not to name their surgeon, have you reached out to the clinic?

they are usually good at responding and giving feedback to help get the results required.

At 6 months there is still time for further growth 

Yeh this is my thoughts, A Dr that’s recommended here too. OP there’s nothing wrong with sharing the name, many have already… 

• Like 1

Do you lose any hair each day?

Your current hair transplant situation is very similar to mine, I'm coming up to 7 months next week.
Might be worth comparing. :)

Also check out this post I made for better reference to our similar hair transplants;

Edited by SeanToman

1 hour ago, Gokuhairline said:

its not good for 6 months..is the short answer...long answer, it could be a few reasons . like others said reach out to the clinic who performed this

I respectfully disagree, I think it's more related to how he presented the pictures under poor lighting.
His hairs are still very thin, they should thicken to the original density yes?

Edited by SeanToman
  • Like 1

There's no need for concern at this point. Month 6 is early... you've only been growing hair for 3 months or so. You shouldn't expect lots of density at this point. Let's look at this at month 9, when most of your results should be observable. 

• Like 1

Often times with a transplant with a low density you can see improvement until the later months. In a high-density transplant,  often you won't see any big improvements after 8 months.

Explanation:

A lower-density transplant takes more time before you can no longer see the scalp through the hairs. With a higher transplant, you don't see a scalp through the hair after 6 months.

In principle, you can still see improvement up to 12-14 months. So no worries at this stage. 

Gr. Dr. Munib Ahmad. 

• Moderators

It looks like the hair has grown in, but at 6 months it still needs a few months to thicken and mature. Wait until the 9 month mark and then take more pictures and compare those with the 6 month pictures.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.