Jim Jeffries on the BS of hair loss, fibers and finasteride

28 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

I like that he's open with using fibres and Finasteride but i kind of cringed hard knowing the implications he just made with Finasteride and ED though almost as a given if you take Finasteride. That's a big reason why people imo have such a stupid perception of Finasteride causing side affects that are permanent like ED and thus resulting in people not even trying the medication. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I like that he's open with using fibres and Finasteride but i kind of cringed hard knowing the implications he just made with Finasteride and ED though almost as a given if you take Finasteride. That's a big reason why people imo have such a stupid perception of Finasteride causing side affects that are permanent like ED and thus resulting in people not even trying the medication. 

Fair point. Though, I'll be honest and say, with all the research i've done over the years, here and elsewhere, i'd say about 70% of fin-related comments seem negative, the remaining 30 saying they are ok with it...

That is purely anecdotal of course but, it certainly puts me off from making the leap on to it

• Administrators
2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I disagree, sounds like he was speaking from his own experience. He said: “ I was taking a blue pill to counteract the brown pill.” Then he said: “but now im married, so I’m gonna have to lose my hair.” I had side effects from finasteride, there’s a fallacy that side effects are a myth, they’re very real. I applaud him for being honest. I don’t think he said anything wrong. If someone goes on there and said I took fin and my sex life is better, that’s fine too, it’s just their experience. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Found this

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I disagree, sounds like he was speaking from his own experience. He said: “ I was taking a blue pill to counteract the brown pill.” Then he said: “but now im married, so I’m gonna have to lose my hair.” I had side effects from finasteride, there’s a fallacy that side effects are a myth, they’re very real. I applaud him for being honest. I don’t think he said anything wrong. If someone goes on there and said I took fin and my sex life is better, that’s fine too, it’s just their experience. 

No, i completely understand he was probably referencing his own experience and i firstly applaud him for sharing his story and what he had to do to manage the sexual sides he seemed to experience. I just meant that from a laymen perspective of the viewers, they're going to probably just assume that sexual side affects are a given for Finasteride say rather than a possibility for some. That's the perspective i guess i was approaching from what he said. 

I 100% agree that it's a fallacy and downright lie if anybody says there's no side affects to Finasteride. I do feel however that the side affects have in the past and probably still are maybe overblown somewhat by some voices to the point where people generally have this pre-conceived notice that your penis will stop working etc. and then never ever be usable again. 

I was personally a person highly put off by using Finasteride because of the above idea of a younger guy i'd get permanent ED even after stopping but then when i finally did my research and looked at the clinical data and my brother having tried it with no issues highlighted, i really gave it a 2nd look after i realised my hair loss was getting to a point where if i didn't act, it was going to be much worse. 

I think that's why i have praised you in the past for being so open about it not working for yourself, but you never once ever tried to scare people away or anything. You reasonably advised people to give it a go because you have seen how great it can work for others in keeping hair who don't have the same sides. 

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

At the end of the day he's a comedian. He will use whatever material from his own experience that will get a laugh (and even then you never let the truth get in the way of a good story 😉). That's the only way I read it. I'll go to a dermatologist or a hair transplant surgeon if I want to know what's available when it comes to hair loss.