Am i overharvested ?

It does appear as if there's spots that have been over harvested. 

Which clinic did you go to? That's a lot of grafts. Do you have any before and after pictures you can share from the back and front etc. so we can see how things looked before. 

There's also a possibility of shock loss having occurred too in the donor area. 

Hard to say, it's only been 14 days.  I am curious.  Typically, when this type of procedure is done, the area is shaven.  Not sure why there is still hair there.  And, I gather by the photo you've posted, they only harvested from the right side.  Why not from the whole head?  If you distribute the harvesting throughout, theoretically, you would leave more native hair in between to cover, (say every 8th). 

Can you post photos of the area you did? It would be interesting to see what they did with the 1400.

Now you have no option but to wait to see if there is enough native hair in and around what was taken to cover.  Do you know what instrument they used? How about the size of the punch? Did the doctor do the work? or was it technicians? Who was the Doctor?

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• Administrators

Hard to say at this point, only time will tell. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Usef,

It definitely appears that your donor has been over-harvested however, as another member has stated, it’s difficult to say since you are only 14 days postop.  Moreover, you’ve only posted one side of the scalp so I’m not sure what’s going on on the other side or the back.  How many follicular units did you have harvested and transplanted?  Also, did the surgeon take hair from the back and the other side of the scalp?  If so do you have photos showing those areas as well? Can we see pictures of the recipient area also?

Ultimately, I want to see if the sides of your scalp and the back look similar to the one side that you presented. And if not, I would be interested to know why. In other words, i’m wondering if you’re just experiencing some extreme shock loss on the one side rather than actually experiencing an over taxed donor area. That’s certainly my hope for you because any shocked hair (telogen effluvium) will grow back.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

There's a chance the donor was overharvested but it's too early too determine, can you upload photos of the punch job right after the surgery?

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Medical point in istanbul i dont know the name of the doctor is was a woman and i dont know the punch mm.

The doctor did insicions  but technians did the work.

sorry for my engels for typing error 

i am from holland

thnx for the anwser 

B4BEA198-3DD2-4F35-BBC6-F229CC98CC45.jpeg

31B84837-D2E6-4260-9988-F5033119EC53.jpeg

41C04E64-7AAA-494D-BBD8-F7B02D0153AB.jpeg

I mean right after with the blood 

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

4100 grafts in 1 day surgery?

7 minutes ago, Usef said:

@Doron Harati yes 1 day 

4100 is way too much to punch in only 1 day of surgery, in professional FUE procedures clinics can punch around 2500 grafts in 1 day of surgery, meaning you mustn't extract too deep and punch with around 5 grafts space between every punch and not one by one, I myself had an horrific experience on my 1st HT by Arenamed clinic in Istanbul, they did a punch OVER a punch! 

These are the pics of my 1st experience 

20180221_123808.jpg

20180221_123813.jpg

20180221_123805.jpg

20191228_030341.jpg

2 minutes ago, Usef said:

I am sorry to hear that pff so you had the same feeling i experience now 😔how did you fix this ?

You in a better shape, mine was one of the worst procedures I ever seen.

I had 2 repairs by Dr. Maras at HDC clinic in Cyprus, I am the coordinator of the clinic, each repair session I had 2500 grafts.

Right now you just need to wait.

Edited by Doron Harati

Ok so as others have already mentioned, it’s difficult to tell if it’s over harvesting and/or some shock loss too. Only time will tell unfortunately.. keep us updated so we can follow your progress Thanks 🙏 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
31 minutes ago, Usef said:

@MAIZE1694 

i dont have anymore picture this is the only one and its from 2019 7737BE0B-F7D9-42A6-8466-0E1B5142FFF2.thumb.png.4f919cead2a4836cc4e7411f30a88b8d.png

Before it's a low quality picture it's hard to say for sure, but there does look to be some thinning across the donor area in this picture, which means your donor area might have been a bit weak going into the surgery. A single blast of 4,100 grafts from an area that needed a bit more care might well explain why things aren't looking too great right now. Whether that means longer terms issues or just a slightly more shocked look in the short term, I don't know. Fingers crossed for you & please keep us updated!