NEED HELP PICKING A DR IN ISTANBUL

ChefP

Hi Everyone

New here just joined but I am headed to Istanbul the first week of June 2022 and looking to book in at a clinic for my first ever hair transplant. I'm 41 yrs old. Done a lot of reading on this and looking at FUE been told I can have between 3000-4500 Grafts. I've so far been in touch with and have had replies back from the following DR's and clinics:

- Dr Yaman - Will avoid temple grafts and opt to reinforce my natural hairline

- Dr Bicer (she is away when I'm there)

- Dr Achar, Cosmedica/get more hair

- Dr Alev, Dr T hair Best Hair Transplant clinic

- Dr Akpinar, Smile Hair Clinic

Ok that's all I have for now so I appreciate and all advice from this Forum!!

Kind regards

From your list I would only say Dr Bicer & Dr Yaman, you could always add Dr Turan/Gur & Dr Demirsoy. I’m guessing your choosing based on cost? Be careful in choosing anyone that’s quoting high graft numbers, a max of 3.5k in one day/session. You could add in some European options if your willing to pay a little more per graft. 
Please don’t choose a hair mill, some of the names you have mentioned are awful and putting out poor work, and also have no Dr involvement. You don’t want a tech procedure..

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

Hi @J.A.C

Thanks for your reply. I haven't picked on costs so far these have just been the ones that have replied. Can you elaborate from that list which ones are "Hairmills" ??

Dr Yaman quoted me 4200 grafts but said could change. So far has been my front runner. I'll look into those names you recommended. Thank you!!!

Just now, ChefP said:

Hi @J.A.C

Thanks for your reply. I haven't picked on costs so far these have just been the ones that have replied. Can you elaborate from that list which ones are "Hairmills" ??

Dr Yaman quoted me 4200 grafts but said could change. So far has been my front runner. I'll look into those names you recommended. Thank you!!!

Dr Acar/Cosmedica is a hair mill, he will design your hairline but won’t actually do any of the work, it will be a totally tech based procedure. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Why specifically Istanbul? Never let location dictate your choice. Go by results then filter surgeons out based on cost and convenience. You can use our recommendations list as a starting point for research.

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, ChefP said:

That's good to know beforehand thankyou. Will take that off my list.

The other 2 names you mentioned are basically the same, little or most likely no involvement whatsoever from the Dr apart from drawing/designing the hairline. 
Out of the hundreds/thousands of clinics in Turkey about 6 are doing decent work. This is why I mentioned Europe, some of the worlds best in Spain/Portugal/Belgium. 

Edited by J.A.C

Hi @Melvin- Moderator 

Thanks for your reply. I live in Vancouver Canada, originally from the UK. I looked at a clinic here, Hassan and Wong and it was $31,000 which is not an option.

The reason I was picking Istanbul was due to the fact I was going to be there for a week in June with my GF. So I thought it would make sense to go there. Is there better options in Europe or North America?? I don't mind pay above the prices I've been quoted in Turkey but not $31,000 lol

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChefP said:

Hi @Melvin- Moderator 

Thanks for your reply. I live in Vancouver Canada, originally from the UK. I looked at a clinic here, Hassan and Wong and it was $31,000 which is not an option.

The reason I was picking Istanbul was due to the fact I was going to be there for a week in June with my GF. So I thought it would make sense to go there. Is there better options in Europe or North America?? I don't mind pay above the prices I've been quoted in Turkey but not $31,000 lol

Thanks for your help!

In Europe you could look at Dr Freitas, Dr Vila, Dr Lorenzo for Spain, Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr Feriduni for Belgium, Dr Pinto & Dr Ferreira for Portugal. 
HDC In Cyprus, so many choices ! 

• Like 1

• Administrators

There are several options in Europe, I suggest sending consultations with our list and filter surgeons out by budget. You may find a doctor in Canada who can do your surgery for your budget. Check out Dr. Nakatsui. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

With your budget I'd stay away from Turkey all together. Not sure how many grafts you need but for about 12-15k you can likely pay for travel and surgery with a top European Dr. 

If you're looking at Dr. Yaman, look at @digi23 thread before proceeding.

Get a bunch of consultations from different Dr's and this will help you decide. Unfortunately top Dr's are booked out 6 months to a year or more so be patient. 

• Like 2

Hi @JoeManthanks for this. The more I'm looking into this,the more I'm shying away from Turkey. So far I've been told I need grafts, ranging from 3000-5000 by different Dr's.

There's a lot of recommendations for Europe but seen as I'm in North America any from the american list that are well know? 

I've also contacted Dr. Nakatsui and have a consultation with him this week. He is super close but his site mentions a slit procedure which sounds bizarre.

I have to be honest, I abandoned the search for Dr's in the US and Canada pretty early. The few I received quotes from didn't really offer a graft price. It was a procedure price and it was very expensive. One offered about 2k grafts for I believe 15k USD. Most Dr's agreed that I needed 3200-4000 grafts so that wasn't going to work. 

After I started looking into Europe more, I was sold. You just get better Dr's for your money. 

So needless to say I'm probably not the best person to ask about North America. I'm from the US but feel quite biased that the better value is in Europe. 

From your current list, Dr. Bicer only and she's booking well into December, maybe further.  Outside of her, Dr. Gur or Dr. Turan are high-quality surgeons that take on one patient per day and do the main parts of the surgery ie. incisions harvesting the recipient area (the techs remove them once ready) and making incisions for the donor area.  To avoid overharvesting of the donor area, aim for doctors who'll do max 3000-3500 grafts per session.  Good luck.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChefP said:

Hi Everyone

New here just joined but I am headed to Istanbul the first week of June 2022 and looking to book in at a clinic for my first ever hair transplant. I'm 41 yrs old. Done a lot of reading on this and looking at FUE been told I can have between 3000-4500 Grafts. I've so far been in touch with and have had replies back from the following DR's and clinics:

Kind regards

11 hours ago, ChefP said:

Hi Everyone

Kind regards

@ChefP Do checkout the following link. It would help you immensely to choose one of the best clinics.   

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I would start looking firstly at patient results that have the same hair characteristics as you and the same results that you are wanting. I would then collate these and see who is performing these results the most. If you begin with a starting point of one Country or a specific budget you may end up spending more time in regret and spending more dollars than you ever anticipated for a very long time to come. Personally I would save up and wait for the right surgeon to give you the right results. All the best!

• Like 1

@J.A.C so reply from Dr Bicer is I need 4000 grafts. Also stated there will be small white scars from donor area and not to shave hair there. Plus the possibility of getting another transplant in the future if the native hair falls out. I expected the latter as I got older. 

Seems like a lot in one go.

2 minutes ago, ChefP said:

@J.A.C so reply from Dr Bicer is I need 4000 grafts. Also stated there will be small white scars from donor area and not to shave hair there. Plus the possibility of getting another transplant in the future if the native hair falls out. I expected the latter as I got older. 

Seems like a lot in one go.

She would do less in one session I’m sure. 4K is pushing it in a day, unless she is proposing it’s over two session’s? 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1