2870 FUT with Dr. Ron Shapiro (SMG)

• Administrators

You look absolutely stellar man, very happy for you 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @hybonix and others,

Wanted to leave my 10th month update. I can see my hair visibly thicken and I now get compliments from friends and family on how much younger I look. I still feel some new hairs popping up when I touch my scalp with the pads of my fingers so I am hoping I get to ride this hair growth phase for a couple of months more. I could not be happier with my results and to show you guys the progress I made, I included a before and after picture. 

On the downside, I am now starting to feel my crown hair thin. I hope to control this with my continued minoxidil use and introduce derm-rolling. I have stopped taking finasteride since it gave me huge sides and significant systemic decrease in DHT and increase in prolactin levels as evidenced by my blood reports (I test for hormones regularly since I lift weights). Since stopping fin, my sides are all gone and I do not intend on using it again.

Let me know what you guys think of my journey so far and ideas to save my crown. 

My before and after:

Image.thumb.JPEG.0655c9762d79100ed385a8ea8aecf40c.JPEG

IMG_5359.jpg

IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5361.jpg

IMG_5376.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 3

I think this is actually be one of the best transplants I've ever seen. The graft count given the area covered with how dense it ended up being, with time left to go, is truly remarkable.

Dealing with the presence of DHT might be wise, but you might be one of the rare people who doesn't need to. Given the results of this surgery, I think you could cover a high degree of hair loss with good density.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PluggedIn said:

I think this is actually be one of the best transplants I've ever seen.

This will definitely go down as one of the classics. Considering the starting point, its nuts that this is was all achieved in 1 surgery. Most people in OPs shoes would need 2 or even 3 HT's to achieve this level of coverage and density. 

Not to mention it looks natural and aesthetic as well. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Thanks 1

SNL gif. Chris Farley in the Schmitts Gay Beer sketch lifts the sunglass portion of his double lenses in stunned surprise.

THIS LOOKS AMAZING! Congratulations!!! These are great results and you are a new man!!! This makes me super excited to go back to SMG in June of this year for my touch up. Holy smokes though, one of the better results on these forums. A+

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23