I went to see Dr. Bizanga

He was really helpful, I think he said I was a Norwood 3/4 and told me these stats about my hair. 

Hair Character - Straight
Hair Thickness -  Fine 
Donor Density  -  80/80
Hair Groupings - Mainly 1s and 2s

He's recommended 2700-3000 grafts at a cost of €3.50 a graft totalling €9,450.
Is this expensive overall? I'm sure I'm going to get a great result, it's only to rebuild the hairline/reinforce the temples though, could I get the same result for less at a clinic in Turkey?

He also said I should start taking Minoxidil tablets which seem to have quite a lot of side effects, has anyone got any info on this? They don't seem to sell them anywhere in the UK!

Edited by HTornotHT

Have you sought other opinions as well such as Dr. Mwamba?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

Dr. Bisanga is one of the best in the world, there will always be a cheaper option. $3.50 is beyond a bargain for Dr. Bisanga, too cheap in my opinion.

12A4A2C5-444D-44E1-AE10-E1C796455A0A.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Well said, very true!

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

My mum always says “Pay cheap and you pay twice”. It’s very true. Go to someone in Turkey who will do a bad job, and then you have to go to someone more expensive to sort their mess out. In the meantime you have used up precious grafts. 

• Like 3

Just don't forget to check with Dr. Mwamba as well...its always wise to get several opinions!

Gillenator

I just wanna put this out there. Hair transplants are a bit of a fickle thing. They're probably the same as any other elective cosmetic procedure. 

You pay for the reputation of a clinic or in this case a particular doctor. There's never 100% guarantee everything will go as perfect for you as it did for others, but paying more and going to somebody with a good reputation will more than likely get you a positive outcome whereas going cheap, the opposite is true. 

That's not to say there's not options out there for people who are a little more constricted in budget but want to still have a better chance at a positive outcome. Those options can be found here on the forum too. 

Pricing seems to be like all things influenced by demand and that's sky high compared to the supply of quality reputable clinics and doctors. This issues probably only getting worse atm as Horror Mills are exploding in almost every country you can think of. Even the US, UK and Europe have issues but the sheer volume of them and popularity in Turkey usually deflects enough attention away from them. 

I think we are all well aware by now how we live in a highly image driven era with social media, marketing and all sorts making us feel self conscious about things people probably a hundred years ago didn't worry and focus on as much. 

On top of that, recent pressures probably mean disposable income with the rising cost of living is at a premium and that creates a HUGE pressure for young guys in particular but it's better to try and save for a quality option than getting butchered in a Horror Mill somewhere and regretting what you did. You usually live with that choice for 20-40+ years depending on when you got it. 

• Like 4

Not sure how you got him for 3.5€ but it's a bargain for him. I heard he just increased to 5€. I'd jump on that price if I was you. 

Can a Turkey Dr do it cheaper? Of course!

Will you have the same quality result? Highly unlikely. 

Dr. Bisinga probably hits home run results 98 out of 100 surgeries. A Turkey hair mill is likely opposite 2 out of 100. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HTornotHT said:

it's only to rebuild the hairline/reinforce the temples though, could I get the same result for less at a clinic in Turkey? 

It's not "only" your hair line, that's the most important part, front area is were if something goes bad is visible to yourself and others around you. You will be reminded every time you look in the mirror, good or bad. 

• Like 3

Visually speaking, the frontal zone (especially the hairline) is the area with the highest exposure and impact.

Gillenator