My HT journey with Eugenix (Dr.Arika)

trek

Just now, Z-- said:

Seems a bit too early for concern, no? I'd probably give it time to grow in before making final judgement.

Completely agree. I think in a few months you'll at least get a better idea. For the moment, it's best to sit tight and let it grow. That's not to say that you can't have some concerns but the end result is what counts. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, trek said:

I don't understand this as well. Hairs which are clearly angling in a different direction than natural surrounding hair, how do they course correct over time? Can't this argument be used for every early stage (bad) transplant with weird angulations ? Is there any document explaining this for temples?

I had to trim these hairs off  because a friend pointed it out today without me mentioning anything about my dissatisfaction. I've to say, feels bad

I was very tempted to do this when I had my procedure too. I wanted to just undo the whole temples and I had trouble sleeping - but trust me - DO NOT TAMPER WITH THE GRAFTS NOW. 

You will have to weather through the storm for a few months, you will get a lot of weird looks and questions from friends/barbers, but once they grow a certain length nobody will be able to tell.

The down side is that you will never be able to trim your hair down.

Look at my pictures.

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Seems a bit too early for concern, no? I'd probably give it time to grow in before making final judgement.

I don't think so because intuitive extrapolation is not irrational. That's how anyone distinguishes a bad transplant from good one reasonably soon after a transplant (as opposed to waiting for an year to figure out if something went bad). But if there is enough evidence that this is normal (like shedding), then I'm unnecessarily worrying.

19 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

DO NOT TAMPER WITH THE GRAFTS NOW. 

Thanks @Captain Haddock. I Just cut around 4 hair which are very thick using a scissor. Won't mess with this anymore.

I did talk to a Eugenix doctor. Says it might be shedding but no one gives me a clear answer about why angles look like that (for almost all temple hairs in a pattern)

Edited by trek

On 3/20/2022 at 10:36 AM, trek said:

841AEAB4-D563-4D8F-8631-72585E56324F.thumb.jpeg.72f0d61a7e807be1e7a3d20373d297b2.jpeg

Day 10

PS: Why are temples looking so weird. One one side, at the bottom, it's unnaturally thick. On the other side, the angles are weird

Hello @trek 

I am assuming that your issue is within this particular photo yes? 

• The temple point is filled with singles, which will become finer at month 3-4
  • The closer I look, the more I notice that they are implanted with a backwards direction according to the incision made, which is the important thing
  • Another thing would be the pinkish redness which is makin everything stand out and look weird, this is normal you're only 10 days!
  • I can see unfortunate double graft that might of had a telogen hiding in it (which can be extracted if it really bothers you that much)

Stay positive and be patient.  Wait it out. Make judgement when the time is right

My temples were also looking weird on my 15th day. possibly more than yours. I have also got my hair transplant done from Dr. Arika.  Now these temples look amazing.

Let the shedding phase pass. these are traumatized grafts. Once they regrow, hopefully all will be fine.

Hope below photos will relieve you from your anxiety. Be Positive. Happy Growing. 

My 15 days update

8th month  - I like to keep them short. :) 

IMG_8127.thumb.JPG.2fc00be5392f811f2cfcf1f5165f1636.JPGIMG_8124.thumb.JPG.093d6ed2c08ab1ae1aa79e79fb750f17.JPG

Edited by Yaasar - The Alpha
Inclusion of photos
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Yaasar - The Alpha said:

Let the shedding phase pass. these are traumatized grafts. Once they regrow, hopefully all will be fine.

Thanks Yaasar! I'll wait this out. Thanks for all your videos on Youtube as well

Edited by trek
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 9:17 AM, Captain Haddock said:

Maz, I remember you posting something similar on my thread a year ago when I was worried about the angulations on my left temple. 

It's been 15 months. The temple angulations don't change nor follow the natural angles after maturity. 

They need to be implanted correctly from the get go.

Believe me, the last thing I would ever want to do is give anyone a false sense of security, but I was purely expressing this based on other cases where the temple hair "course corrected" as it matured. Hopefully it happens in this case. It is too early to make any predictions, but it's also never too early to stay optimistic. 

Fingers crossed for you @trek🤞🙏

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@Bb111 Temple points are covered by existing hair. So it doesn't look bad now. Still not sure how it looks when I shorten it. 

I would love to hear other's opinion on the result so far. Some doubles in the hairline and density is worrying me a bit

@trek

I am on day 13 post transplant and so you are further along in your journey. I too have moments where I worry. I think that's normal and part of the process. My thought is you are about 4 months post transplant. This is the beginning of the phase where your newly transplated hairs are starting to come through and start to grow.  Over the next 4 to 8 months many more transplanted hairs will come in and also mature. My advice to you (and myself 😂) is to just try to let the transplant run it's course. Nothing you can do at this point and worrying/stressing out is not good for you health. Hopefully in a few months you will look back and realize that it was all worth it. Happy growing!

Edited by Bb111

• 3 months later...