How To - Gif of Transplant

@Melvin- ModeratorAsked me to make this, so here we go :)  This is for iPhone, but it should work fine with a similar approach using android.  And there are sites that one can use for PC just as easily.  The only difference for PC or Android are steps 7-9 (how to convert the video to a GIF).  For PC, one can use https://cloudconvert.com/mp4-to-gif and for Android, I'm sure one can find an App that does it too.

Follow these steps for success:

1. Film the video of your hair.  Ideally make it 10-15 seconds, as longer videos can be quite large file sizes (and I've had issues trying to upload bigger files on this forum, it tends to bug out.
  2. The video should be filmed from semi far away (to includle shoulders, surroundings, etc.  This is because we will then crop the video to make the file size substantially smaller.
  3. Open the video in your iPhone photo app.  There should be an "edit" button in the bottom right, click this. 

image3.png
  4. Again on the bottom right, there will be a square like button, which is used for cropping.  Crop the video to include just the face, which will in turn lower the total size of the video.
     image2.png
  5. Optionally you can also use the yellow bar above the editing tools to trim the size of the video on the beginning and end.
  6. Click done on bottom right and wait for video to be saved.  
  7. There is a default app on iPhones called "Shortcuts".  Open it.  If you dont' have it, get it from the iTunes Store.
    image1.png
  8. There is a shortcut called "Make GIF".  Click it;  If you don't have it, click on the + arrow on the top right to find it and add it.
    image0.jpg
  9. Click on the video you wish to make a GIF of, and press save.  It will be compressed and go to your iTunes pictures.
  10. Upload to forums just like any other picture, and you're done :)  If it doesn't seem to upload, I've usually found that the filesize is too large, and cropping it more, making it shorter, etc. can all help make it smaller.  Usually around 10-12mb is ideal.

Happy Posting :)

Edited by Fue3361
  • Thanks 2

Check out my journey here:

• Administrators

The pictures aren’t showing for me 😢 dang it do you mind pmng me the pictures and I’ll try to re-add.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

Thanks. I'm going to try this out later as I had tried to upload a short video once before.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.