Hair Transplant repair

On 3/5/2022 at 10:24 PM, J.A.C said:

It’s going to be prove difficult when the donor area is already over harvested. Some of the best repair guys are Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr Feriduni and @DrTBarghouthi

Hi. Can I ask what constitutes a repair? Is it just a second transplant in the same area? So in his case the hairline? I believe he won’t be having any plug removal, so does the doctor just add more grafts to the same area? Maybe lower the hairline further?

On 3/21/2022 at 10:33 PM, Aslitarcan sucks said:

After some deliberation, God willing I will be moving forward with Dr Mwamba. Have a consultation (in-person) scheduled for next month and hopefully the procedure in a few months.

I got opinions from two other respected Doctors in Belgium and also Dr Eibi Inieko, but the stars aligned with Mwamba and he just seems the right person for the job based on his plan. All the other doctors sounded great too, but like I said Mwamba just seems like the best fit.

Plan is to try and 'homogenise' the donor area and take maybe 1-1.2k grafts from there and use it to fill in the temple gaps and hairline area. Unfortunately removing plugs is out of my budget so we will not be doing that. 

After that, we can potentially do donor restocking using Body hair to improve the back of my head. I can't wait!!!!

11 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

So I visited Dr Mwamba today in Brussels and had a good consultation with him.

The op will be done over two days, with the front being strengthened with approx 1800 grafts and then donor restocking of 200-300 grafts similar to @mustang.

I will not let myself get carried away with expectations just yet though, but I am hopeful.

Hi. Do you mind me asking what price you’ve been quoted for this? If there’s no plug removal is it just the same price as someone with virgin scalp for that amount of grafts? Thanks

On 3/6/2022 at 2:58 AM, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Hi all,

In 2018 I got a HT from Asli Tarcan.

Needless to say, they destroyed my donor area (over-harvested), gave me a pluggy hairline, inserted hairs at the wrong angles, and left my recipient area full of holes and sparse.

After four years of SMP and experiments in growing my hair out, I'm ready to try to repair it.

I had a good chat with Dr Eibi Inieko of the Chiswick Hair Clinic in 2021 who was very realistic in his approach, but I decided not to pursue it at that time. I personally know someone who he gave an excellent result HT result to.

I will be going to see him for another consultation this week as I'm ready to take the plunge.

Just want to know if anybody has any advice based on the following pics.

1. I would like to improve the pluggy, unnatural hairline.

2. Fill in the sparse areas above my hairline (especially on the corners where I have two holes basically)

3. Possibly camouflage donor area

20220305_212717.jpg

20220305_212654.jpg

20220305_212630.jpg

20220305_212554.jpg

You can use your beard hair to fill the donor area if SMP is not an option for you. The hairline zone can also be retouched with some more density. Are you taking finasteride? This medication is necessary for the prevention of any further progression of baldness on your scalp.

1 hour ago, FITA said:

Hi. Can I ask what constitutes a repair? Is it just a second transplant in the same area? So in his case the hairline? I believe he won’t be having any plug removal, so does the doctor just add more grafts to the same area? Maybe lower the hairline further?

Just lowering the hairline a bit and filling in the gaps with more grafts.. no plug removal as that's a different procedure in and of itself

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

You can use your beard hair to fill the donor area if SMP is not an option for you. The hairline zone can also be retouched with some more density. Are you taking finasteride? This medication is necessary for the prevention of any further progression of baldness on your scalp.

I am definitely not using Finasteride.. but I am about to start dutasteride topically

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...