Going to Asli Tarcan was one of the worst experiences of my life!

Icicle

22 minutes ago, Inch6 said:

This was scary to read :/Thanks for sharing your story and I hope the best for you mate

One of the scariest things I’ve ever had to deal with. It’s nearly sent me into a depression and almost made me a recluse. I haven’t been back to work since it’s happened so I’m losing money as I don’t want anyone to see my hair until after the 4 or 5 month mark where I can cut it all off to one level so it’s not so noticeable. Coupled with the fact that I’m going to have to spend more money on it especially when I’m not making any at the moment. It’s only a matter of time until they do this to someone with nothing to lose and he goes in there armed with some sort of weapon and does something crazy. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Icicle said:

I’m not going to sit here and pretend that money is not a factor in getting a hair transplant but there are some really cheap clinics in Turkey that I definitely chose to stay clear of. In doing my research I thought I chose a happy medium in terms of results and price. 

To be brutally honest, you rolled the dice and had a bad experience. The good news, at least in the YouTuber I referenced, is he generally pleased with results at 7 months, if not the process of getting there. He paid $2200 got 3000 grafts, his meds, 2 X PRP, hotel and transport and thought he was getting SMP in at that price too. THATS CRAZY CHEAP.

I don't know much about the clinic you went to, but even without actively researching them (I wouldn't entertain a hair mill), I do know it has a reputation of rushed consultation, hard sell and overharvesting.

You may not want to hear this, but part of the recovery process is accepting responsibility for YOUR choices.
 It doesn't absolve the clinic of their responsibility, but as the saying goes...
'If looks too good to be true, then probably is!'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AA1989 said:

To be brutally honest, you rolled the dice and had a bad experience. The good news, at least in the YouTuber I referenced, is he generally pleased with results at 7 months, if not the process of getting there. He paid $2200 got 3000 grafts, his meds, 2 X PRP, hotel and transport and thought he was getting SMP in at that price too. THATS CRAZY CHEAP.

I don't know much about the clinic you went to, but even without actively researching them (I wouldn't entertain a hair mill), I do know it has a reputation of rushed consultation, hard sell and overharvesting.

You may not want to hear this, but part of the recovery process is accepting responsibility for YOUR choices.
 It doesn't absolve the clinic of their responsibility, but as the saying goes...
'If looks too good to be true, then probably is!'

Yeah I already accepted it was my choice it’s alright if you want to say that. But this is a medical procedure and we are all patients, not customers. It’s never acceptable for so called health services to take advantage of your vulnerability or desperation to change something about your appearance that you are not happy with. Your last paragraph is unnecessary. 

• Like 1

The mention in that blurb of the “warranty certificate” is basically the “guarantee” it’s a poor clinic. Not a single decent/ethical clinic will offer this sort of nonsense.

So many red flags with Asli Tarcan. They pretty much hit all of them. 

3 hours ago, AB2000 said:

Down the line hopefully you can get back to the forum and let people know how the end result goes.  It can take up to 12 months for all the transplanted hairs to start growing out.  It will be stressful  between now and the six month mark but it's out of your hands.  Hopefully you'll get a decent result at the end of this.

Thanks. Yes I hope to be able to return and share a better experience and result in the future.

7 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Yeah I already accepted it was my choice it’s alright if you want to say that. But this is a medical procedure and we are all patients, not customers. It’s never acceptable for so called health services to take advantage of your vulnerability or desperation to change something about your appearance that you are not happy with. Your last paragraph is unnecessary. 

Your not on your own, a hell of a lot of the members here made a poor first choice ! Myself included. It’s very common that we arrive on the forum after a bad experience and then really begin to learn more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Your not on your own, a hell of a lot of the members here made a poor first choice ! Myself included. It’s very common that we arrive on the forum after a bad experience and then really begin to learn more. 

Insecurity about your hair can give you tunnel vision once you think you’ve come across a clinic that can supposedly rectify or solve your problems. For that reason some people chose to not listen very much or do not even want to hear bad reviews from the clinic they have chosen to go with in case it makes them change their mind. That could be one of the reasons we end up on these forums or groups after the fact.

Hopefully more information gets out to those that need it BEFORE they make the mistake. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Insecurity about your hair can give you tunnel vision once you think you’ve come across a clinic that can supposedly rectify or solve your problems. For that reason some people chose to not listen very much or do not even want to hear bad reviews from the clinic they have chosen to go with in case it makes them change their mind. That could be one of the reasons we end up on these forums or groups after the fact.

Hopefully more information gets out to those that need it BEFORE they make the mistake. 

I would love to go back 12+ years and have a “do over” I did what I considered research (it wasn’t enough) was taken in by a big name (at the time) and to this day have the not so good FUT scar to show for it. 

1 hour ago, Icicle said:

i respect you a lot for being able to stay clear headed after all this i was in a really bad depression after going to HOI and looking back there were so many factors that lined up for me to make that decision that its crazy i even chose them.

hey man hopefully you can get out of this all right and get a good final result if you still care about hair

again sorry this happened but everyone and their dog knows about this clinic, when doing your research you should literally do everyhing, google, yelp, trust pilot, reddit, and of course this site, whats done is done, know you can start looking at repair Dr. like bisanga , ferudini in Europe, youre safe thats what matters,

10 minutes ago, mmokin said:

i respect you a lot for being able to stay clear headed after all this i was in a really bad depression after going to HOI and looking back there were so many factors that lined up for me to make that decision that its crazy i even chose them.

hey man hopefully you can get out of this all right and get a good final result if you still care about hair

Thanks man. Yeah I’m determined and I know exactly what I want and what I don’t and that’s why as soon as I looked carefully I could tell it was bodgery.

I was never happy with the hairline before the procedure even took place but my previous research had told me that your grafts had a lower survival rate the longer they’re out of the body. Obviously there are solutions they can be placed in that can give them a longer survival rate outside of the body but based on my experience with them at that point I wasn’t taking any more chances and I knew they weren’t going to care about graft preserving solutions.  I just wanted my grafts back in my head and decided I would deal with or sort it out if it didn’t turn out how I wanted with another procedure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

again sorry this happened but everyone and their dog knows about this clinic, when doing your research you should literally do everyhing, google, yelp, trust pilot, reddit, and of course this site, whats done is done, know you can start looking at repair Dr. like bisanga , ferudini in Europe, youre safe thats what matters,

Thanks man. 

4 minutes ago, Icicle said:

I was never happy with the hairline before the procedure even took place but my previous research had told me that your grafts had a lower survival rate the longer they’re out of the body. 

i had that exact same thought in my surgery as well but i wish i looked a little longer so i could object to some of the decisions made on my hairline

6 hours ago, mmokin said:

i had that exact same thought in my surgery as well but i wish i looked a little longer so i could object to some of the decisions made on my hairline

The thing is they were refusing to change it as if THEY’RE the ones that knew what was best for me and my aesthetic goals and I was also in a position where I didn’t want to be wrong in terms of bringing my hairline too low and then it looks weird or unnatural. Fixing a hairline that is too low or unnatural looking is a lot more expensive and damaging than adding a few more grafts next time round . It’s easier to add than take away .

Plus with the culture difference and the way they were acting when I refused to be on their Instagram I wasn’t sure if they were going to kick me out of their clinic and tell me to take my grafts with me as they had already been extracted. 

It was a really horrible experience.

Edited by Icicle

8 minutes ago, Icicle said:

The thing is they were refusing to change it as if THEY’RE the ones that knew what was best for me and my aesthetic goals and I was also in a position where I didn’t want to be wrong in terms of bringing my hairline too low and then it looks weird or unnatural. Fixing a hairline that is too low or unnatural looking is a lot more expensive and damaging than adding a few more grafts next time round . It’s easier to add than take away .

Plus with the culture difference I wasn’t sure if they were going to kick me out of their clinic and tell me to take my grafts with me as they had already been extracted. 

It was a really horrible experience.

yh not to get racist but turkish people in my experience are more prone to being rude especially to foreigners they have a lot of racial supremacist stuff in their culture which is cultivated even in the schools.

im black and got a lot of stares from the airport security in turkey not a nice feeling getting mean mugged by a guy holding a machine gun around his shoulder i just ignored it all thinking that it was a small price to pay to get a good HT, oh how i was wrong. honestly wont go back to that country for the rest of my life

• Thanks 3

Can I ask if you have Afro hair ? I was just reading the beginning of the thread again, and just wanted to clarify. As Afro hairlines are usually drawn on as quite straight and sharp. Just trying to understand what happened and why they were so opposed to changing it for you. 
They seem to go for the one hairline fits all approach. Which is obviously not the best idea to treat everyone as needling the same design. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@IcicleI am so sorry to hear your story. You are not alone so please do not feel alone and feel free to reach out to me if you need to. As you probably know I was butchered with two 'punch graft' plug hair transplants at the age of 18! I had to go to University looking like this. I spent many years feeling self conscious whether it was from the plugs or the scars after I had the plugs surgically removed. Then there were more than two decades of hiding the whole mess of scars and baldness with hair pieces until I shaved my head and had SMP only six years ago. I finally found redemption though through Eugenix after 60 hours of surgery almost a month ago now. You have so many options today that I didn't have 37 years ago. I know you're feeling a whole range of emotions of regret, anger, depression and isolation from your male peers. But I promise you that this will pass and as you wait for everything to grow out I know you will spend time researching for the best answer for your current situation. Thinking of you mate.

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 5

@Icicle I just hope you can be fixed in 1 repair surgery. It sounds like my botched HT is not as bad as yours, but even so the majority of doctors told me I need anywhere from 2-4 (yes 4) procedures to reverse the damage and look great. 

I really really really encourage you to start doing consultations now, or around the 5-6 month mark. 5-6 months will be enough time for other doctors to provide an accurate assessment. 

You do not need to wait 10 months. Especially since you may be looking at a multiple-procedure repair, get started on that process asap

Edited by SadMan2021

• Administrators

Guys,

Let’s not make this a racial thing, there are good and bad people from all walks of life. No need to involve ethnic backgrounds. This stuff happens in the US and UK as well. It’s just not as popular because it’s expensive.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@IcicleI am so sorry to hear your story. You are not alone so please do not feel alone and feel free to reach out to me if you need to. As you probably know I was butchered with two 'punch graft' plug hair transplants at the age of 18! I had to go to University looking like this. I spent many years feeling self conscious whether it was from the plugs or the scars after I had the plugs surgically removed. Then there were more than two decades of hiding the whole mess of scars and baldness with hair pieces until I shaved my head and had SMP only six years ago. I finally found redemption though through Eugenix after 60 hours of surgery almost a month ago now. You have so many options today that I didn't have 37 years ago. I know you're feeling a whole range of emotions of regret, anger, depression and isolation from your male peers. But I promise you that this will pass and as you wait for everything to grow out I know you will spend time researching for the best answer for your current situation. Thinking of you mate.

Thanks, I’ve reached out to you privately as well. But publicly, do you or does anyone know anything about donor restocking and how if at all successful it is?

5 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

@Icicle I just hope you can be fixed in 1 repair surgery. It sounds like my botched HT is not as bad as yours, but even so the majority of doctors told me I need anywhere from 2-4 (yes 4) procedures to reverse the damage and look great. 

I really really really encourage you to start doing consultations now, or around the 5-6 month mark. 5-6 months will be enough time for other doctors to provide an accurate assessment. 

You do not need to wait 10 months. Especially since you may be looking at a multiple-procedure repair, get started on that process asap

SadMan in which direction by way of clinics or doctors should I be looking at in terms of a repair? And do you or anyone in here know of, had any experience with or heard of Dr Caymaz?

1 minute ago, Icicle said:

SadMan in which direction by way of clinics or doctors should I be looking at in terms of a repair? And do you or anyone in here know of, had any experience with or heard of Dr Caymaz?

If your looking for a repair then consider Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr Feriduni, HDC + @DrTBarghouthi(Vertex) for example. If your looking at Turkey then consider Dr Bicer. Dr Caymaz is not someone you should be looking at, out of the frying pan and Into the fire. A elite/recommended Dr/Clinic needs to be doing your next procedure. 

• Like 1