Am i going bald genetically

Yacub sarkes

Hello, ive been noticing general thinning especially on crown for 7 months i dont know if the reason is genetic 

i have seborrheic dermatitis which was severe and itchy and now it is milder 

is the hair near my neck (the one with the red circles) normal in genetic mpb or it may confirm that my hair loss is generally pathological or for other reasons?

1F237660-6DF4-40C7-A44C-C484A48FA845.jpeg

Hard to say just from the photo you've submitted.  Almost looks like you're sweating.  

Maybe some retrograde? Perhaps an advanced pattern? From this angle looks like you are demarcating down.  So MPB? Perhaps.  Would be nice if you could submit photos of your entire head and not just only the donor.  

With regards to the dermatitis issue, have you visited with a dermatologist? You need to get that treated before any transplants take place as the condition can be transferred to the recipient area.  

What medical therapy are you on?

What is your family history of hair loss?

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

As per the first comment, it’s not that hard to see that you have diffuse male pattern baldness. I don’t mean to come off strong, but it’s better you end the denial. I would suggest you schedule an appointment with a dermatologist or two to confirm, and get on treatmeant as soon as they do. You still have a good chance of recovery 

10 hours ago, LaserCaps said:

Hard to say just from the photo you've submitted.  Almost looks like you're sweating.  

Maybe some retrograde? Perhaps an advanced pattern? From this angle looks like you are demarcating down.  So MPB? Perhaps.  Would be nice if you could submit photos of your entire head and not just only the donor.  

With regards to the dermatitis issue, have you visited with a dermatologist? You need to get that treated before any transplants take place as the condition can be transferred to the recipient area.  

What medical therapy are you on?

What is your family history of hair loss?

i visited and they said its from seb dermatitis but im consistent on ketoconazole medication and nothing no results or change
Im on ketoconazole and caffaine 

and no not at all no history

2A354E3E-18C8-4606-AFCF-A1E013A7E7B6.jpeg

140C1FC9-1943-44BF-BB88-4A8D00BA066C.png

3A5248E8-4B4E-4AC7-9A62-D9D89B58A201.png

I think you are in the early stages of Diffuse loss MPB - which isn't a result of your seb dermatitis. I'm not denying that you don't indeed have seb dermatitis, as it usually is found to go hand in hand with MPB, however I would suspect the thinning areas you can see, are a result of DHT caused miniaturisation.

You still have pretty good hair, so if you were to start preventative medication now, you will likely slow down your loss and maybe even regrow some hair. 

2 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

I think you are in the early stages of Diffuse loss MPB - which isn't a result of your seb dermatitis. I'm not denying that you don't indeed have seb dermatitis, as it usually is found to go hand in hand with MPB, however I would suspect the thinning areas you can see, are a result of DHT caused miniaturisation.

You still have pretty good hair, so if you were to start preventative medication now, you will likely slow down your loss and maybe even regrow some hair. 

The problem is that menoxidil excerbates and flares up seb dermatitis and propacia (finastride) has side effects so any alternatives or for example minodxidil made for my case?

If you haven't tried fin yet then do so immediately.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 4 weeks later...

Yacub,

I agree that is hard to tell by the picture you presented. Honestly, the best way to know for sure would be to treat the seborrheic dermatitis   And if your hair grows back in the crown, and I think it’s pretty safe to say that your hair loss was due to a non-genetic condition.  On the flipside, if you don’t regain any additional hair or it gets worse, assuming the scalp condition is successfully treated, then your hair loss condition is likely genetic.

Of course, it’s also probably a good idea if you get looked at by a dermatologist so you can get a better idea now. But recourse will be the same nonetheless.

Rahal Hair Transplant  

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 3:02 AM, Yacub sarkes said:

Hello, ive been noticing general thinning especially on crown for 7 months i dont know if the reason is genetic 

i have seborrheic dermatitis which was severe and itchy and now it is milder 

is the hair near my neck (the one with the red circles) normal in genetic mpb or it may confirm that my hair loss is generally pathological or for other reasons?

1F237660-6DF4-40C7-A44C-C484A48FA845.jpeg

It is difficult to comment without looking at before and after pictures. I would advise to consult the doctor at earliest and get the pictures documented to evaluate the progress.