Dr Mwamba or Dr Lupanzula?

jleysh

Hi all, just wondering who you guys would choose - Dr Lupanzula or Dr Mwamba?

I've whittled it down to those two as they seem to be top-tier surgeons at fair prices, and have availability at the time I'm looking to have my procedure. I'm currently leaning slightly towards Lupanzula, as he seems to have more case results posted online, but it's also really persuasive to see that Mwamba is recommended here (Hair Restoration Network) and by Spex, whereas Lupanzula isn't 

One final point - I'm a norwood 3 and have been quoted 2200 grafts by Lupanzula and only 1500 by Mwamba. Obviously I'd rather go with the lower option for both cost and donor retention, but I'm puzzled at the disparity between the two estimates - most other consultations have placed me at the 2000ish mark. Could this be a case of Mwamba underestimating or is he known for getting results with minimal grafts? Thank you so much for any input!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I haven’t seen Dr. Lupunzulas work in quite some time. But I can definitely vouch for Dr. Mwamba, what he did with @captaincalico has been out of this world.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey guys,

I’m considering Dr Mwamba but confused as to which clinic he works at in Belgium (or does he have multiple clinics)?

When I search for ‘Dr Mwamba hair transplant’ on google I come across two different websites:

‘My world transplant center’ 

https://www.mywhtc.net/home

and

FUE Clinic

https://www.fueclinic.com/

I know you can contact recommended doctors through a submission via this website but I want to email the clinic directly.

Thanks in advance to whoever can clarify this!

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Mixed93 said:

Hey guys,

I’m considering Dr Mwamba but confused as to which clinic he works at in Belgium (or does he have multiple clinics)?

When I search for ‘Dr Mwamba hair transplant’ on google I come across two different websites:

‘My world transplant center’ 

https://www.mywhtc.net/home

and

FUE Clinic

https://www.fueclinic.com/

I know you can contact recommended doctors through a submission via this website but I want to email the clinic directly.

Thanks in advance to whoever can clarify this!

Fueclinic is his new website, he operates in 3 locations, Belgium, Atlanta, and New Jersey. However, doesn’t do the entire procedure in the US, he has other surgeons help. In Belgium, it’s just him. 

• Confused 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

30 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Fueclinic is his new website, he operates in 3 locations, Belgium, Atlanta, and New Jersey. However, doesn’t do the entire procedure in the US, he has other surgeons help. In Belgium, it’s just him. 

Cool, thanks Melvin 👌🏽

55 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

However, doesn’t do the entire procedure in the US, he has other surgeons help.

Hi Melvin, do you have a source for this? I'm seeing Dr. Mwamba in NJ in June and there has been no communication from the clinic that other surgeons are involved. I've been told the techs will be the Belgian techs (I guess they fly with him everywhere) but I have received no implicit or explicit communication that the surgeon role would not 100% solely be Mwamba. 

Kind of a big deal if your information is accurate. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

Hi Melvin, do you have a source for this? I'm seeing Dr. Mwamba in NJ in June and there has been no communication from the clinic that other surgeons are involved. I've been told the techs will be the Belgian techs (I guess they fly with him everywhere) but I have received no implicit or explicit communication that the surgeon role would not 100% solely be Mwamba. 

Kind of a big deal if your information is accurate. 

Last I heard he was training a surgeon there, and they would be involved, but if that’s wrong my apologies. 

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Last I heard he was training a surgeon there, and they would be involved, but if that’s wrong my apologies. 

no worries! if anything it motivated me to ask the clinic a question I probably should have confirmed right from the get go. 

I had my surgery with Dr Mwamba in NJ about 6 weeks ago, I can tell you he does like 90% of the work himself.   Which is a lot more then then my previous DR in NY and the other Dr I saw in México did.  

He rents one of the rooms from a Dermatologist, and she is learning from Dr Mwamba. She says she does HT's too and does help out a little,  as does Dr Mwamba's assistant.   But like I said, the vast majority of the work is all done by Mwamba.  

And I will say this...  Dr Mwamba is a beast...   In my 2nd day he worked on me from 10am till 3AM in the morning.   Never rushed and always in a good mood.  

Edited by Etownone

53 minutes ago, Etownone said:

I had my surgery with Dr Mwamba in NJ about 6 weeks ago, I can tell you he does like 90% of the work himself.   Which is a lot more then then my previous DR in NY and the other Dr I saw in México did.  

He rents one of the rooms from a Dermatologist, and she is learning from Dr Mwamba. She says she does HT's too and does help out a little,  as does Dr Mwamba's assistant.   But like I said, the vast majority of the work is all done by Mwamba.  

And I will say this...  Dr Mwamba is a beast...   In my 2nd day he worked on me from 10am till 3AM in the morning.   Never rushed and always in a good mood.  

Sounds like you had a good experience. Do you have a thread where you’ll be documenting your journey? I’ve heard good things about Mwamba but it seems like there aren’t very many patient posted journeys of his work - unless I’ve somehow missed them!

1 hour ago, Mixed93 said:

Sounds like you had a good experience. Do you have a thread where you’ll be documenting your journey? I’ve heard good things about Mwamba but it seems like there aren’t very many patient posted journeys of his work - unless I’ve somehow missed them!

I don't have a thread yet.   I'm taking a lot pics and documenting my results.   Maybe I'll post a thread up in the future.   You can private message me if you need any more detailed help or info on Mwamba.   I've also been to Dr Nader in México and Dr Dorin in NYC. 

There a definitely a couple of great threads on here that had great results from Dr Mwamba, like Mustang.  (probably the most amazing HT journey you'll ever come across IMO)

Edited by Etownone

4 hours ago, Etownone said:

I can tell you he does like 90% of the work himself.   Which is a lot more then then my previous DR in NY and the other Dr I saw in México did.  

what work did the tech and dermatologist do? I was told Dr. Mwamba's involvement in the US is the same as it is in Belgium (inferring he is the only MD operating). 

Is the dermatologist just doing tech-tasks?

It's a bit disconcerning if other MD's are working during surgery as it's never been inferred at all to me that there would be other MD's than Mwamba performing. 

Also can you please talk more about the discount? I emailed the clinic and they said this is now more of a rebate. In that you have to submit all the required pics for a year, and then the discount will apply. 

45 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

what work did the tech and dermatologist do? I was told Dr. Mwamba's involvement in the US is the same as it is in Belgium (inferring he is the only MD operating). 

Is the dermatologist just doing tech-tasks?

It's a bit disconcerning if other MD's are working during surgery as it's never been inferred at all to me that there would be other MD's than Mwamba performing. 

Also can you please talk more about the discount? I emailed the clinic and they said this is now more of a rebate. In that you have to submit all the required pics for a year, and then the discount will apply. 

I PM'd you answers to all your concerns. 

• 2 months later...

Hi 

I had a consult with patient rep named Scott who works for lupanzula...  (a long time ago) and I can say that (in my opinion) he came across very abrupt and very rude. He has some very strong views and certainly communicates them in a way that really put me off wanting to engage with him any further. I did not go ahead and dr lupanzula because I did not want to have to deal with Scott - It's really not a great look on the clinic and does a disservice on the Dr who could actually be very good. There is way to communicate with people without being being rude to clients.