Need your advice for my (possibly) 3rd HT please

Hi Every one 

I have done 2 FUT  so far (1st in 2006 and 2nd in 2015 ) , you can see my current photos / Hair situation here .

The 1st HT did not give me any coverage and it is a long and sad story .

The 2nd HT gave me everything you can see in my frontal /hairline and temples but temples are receding again since 2015 .

My profile photo is actually from the time before the 2nd HT

I like my hair line but the hair in frontal part of my scalp was very little and even though it improved my overall look but the whole thing was not natural .

I did not know what to do , until someone told me to let my hair grow long and gel it backward . It made a huge difference . (In the photos you can see my scalp with and without gel )

When going out , i gel my hair and it looks far  better and neater but the main problem is that when sweating a lot (for example during exercise ) the hairs get disconnected from my posterior part of my scalp ( where there is no hair ) and it looks and feel wired . 

Another issue is the temples that are receding down . 

I have thought of shaving my whole head and forget about doing another HT  but the FUT scar is there so i though maybe i go for a 3rd HT to do some repair work .

I have though of Micropigmentation on the FUT scar so that i can shave short my hair around and then do the 3rd HT to continue the coverage on the top  towards back so when i don't use gel , it looks more natural and when i do use gel , it won't get loose with sweating . 

I am not a good writer but i am hoping that the pictures say a thousand words? :) and the experienced members here read between the lines and be able to advise me on the possible solutions for my situation . 

Appreciate your time .

Have a nice day ahead 

SmartSelect_20220115-193235_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-193226_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-193242_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-193612_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-193152_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-193141_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-193117_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-193546_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-193354_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-193325_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-192807_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-192910_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-192942_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-193251_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-192845_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-194111_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-194017_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-194104_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-194118_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-194051_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-194058_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-194024_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-194045_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220115-194004_Gallery.jpg

You have a LOT of slick bald area to cover, the areas you do have hair from the previous HTs are very sparse, and your donor area is very limited and doesn’t look the best. If I were you I’d just shave it and get SMP for the scar or possibly for your entire head. 

• Like 1

Ostrich,

Thanks for sharing your story and posting pictures so we can provide you with the best advice we can. To be frank, your hair loss is extensive, you’re basically a Norwood level seven and your donor area looks average at best. You’ve already had two hair transplants and based on what you said, the first one was not successful. You seem to have a good base but the truth is, I’m not sure exactly how much donor you have left and it certainly won’t be enough to provide you with full coverage or adequate density. I suggest consulting a few reputable surgeons to get their input directly on what they recommend for you. The way I see it, if you have the donor for it, I would just focus on refining the hairline and temple points and then thickening up the frontal area with a gradual fade into middle section. I wouldn’t do anything with the crown.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

That crown is likely to need 2 10/10 surgeries to get decent coverage, and even then there may be bald spots. 

To be completely honest if I were you I would just cut your losses and quit fighting this battle and shave. You already know the stress involved in getting a hair transplant, and know that hair transplants are not a sure thing and can be unsatisfactory. I don't think 2 additional HT's will be worth it to you, and they really would have to both be 10/10 to get the crown covered. 

I also would not bother with SMP. I don't see the point in being bald and having SMP vs just being completely natural bald, except you are opening yourself to additional risk and baggage with the SMP

The only reason I would get SMP - if I was going to shave it all anyway - would be to hide scarring or some abnormality from a HT

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear - ultimately I believe you will find most happiness and satisfaction shaving it all off. You can always go the hair system route too. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 1

Thank you guys for your kind replies .

I actually have no hope nor any intention to cover the crown . 

I was thinking of possibility  of  using the grafts to create some coverage for the mid section  and fade towards the back but leave the crown as it is . ( 60% density not a perfect coverage ) 

I am ok with the current hair line so you can se that i do not have high expectations but just to make things a bit look natural in the mid section and towards the back . still leaving the crown as is .

And if i could cover the FUT scar with grafts or MP , then i could cut short the sides and not worry about the side? 

By the way , i have ample amount of body hair , i hear and see that Eugenix is using lots of grafts from body hair . do you guys think it is practical to count these grafts in ?

Appreciate your inputs. :)

6 hours ago, ostrich said:

Thank you guys for your kind replies .

I actually have no hope nor any intention to cover the crown . 

I was thinking of possibility  of  using the grafts to create some coverage for the mid section  and fade towards the back but leave the crown as it is . ( 60% density not a perfect coverage ) 

I am ok with the current hair line so you can se that i do not have high expectations but just to make things a bit look natural in the mid section and towards the back . still leaving the crown as is .

And if i could cover the FUT scar with grafts or MP , then i could cut short the sides and not worry about the side? 

By the way , i have ample amount of body hair , i hear and see that Eugenix is using lots of grafts from body hair . do you guys think it is practical to count these grafts in ?

Appreciate your inputs. :)

You should consult with Eugenix and see what they say, another option could be Dr Zarev.