Is there a hair safe PED protocol?

_lshy

For those of us actively treating genetic AGA/male hair loss with Finasteride or Dutasteride and are interested in improving our physiques with the addition of PEDs - are there any PED protocols that are relatively hair safe?

Not talking about becoming a mass monster, but more of a low end men's-physique level, Kumail Nanjiani type deal. What can we reasonably take?

People have referenced Nandrolone, but it appears not to be a safe compound to run when in conjunction with a 5AR inhibitor.

One suggested approach is just running a low dose T cycle and ramping up slowly, adjusting the dutasteride dose or adding in finasteride, then making adjustments  based on your observations.

e.g. Starting at something like 200mg Test-Propionate and increasing slowly over the the course of a few weeks to see what's tolerable.

Keeping in mind a cycle is usually relatively short (6 - 12 weeks)

Anyone have experience here running anything without yeeting their follicles into the stratosphere?

Edited by _lshy

• _lshy changed the title to Is there a hair safe PED protocol?

I'd probably advise against it. In theory some stacks might be ok and not interact or convert to dht.

But 1 is what your getting actually what it says on the box?

2 Will the compound be able to interact with receptors?

3 Will the use of Peds lead to more free test that can cause issues??

I've seen people run test/tren/Winstrol/clen with no issues and take a half arsed PCT without any perceived side effects. Seen others take mild stacks and had gyno and lose 2 norwoods!

Kumial's physique isn't unobtainable naturally in all honesty. Would it take a few years? Sure. But definitely don't need Peds.

• Administrators

The only safe thing is to be natural, of course, there are instances when TRT is necessary for health. You could test your serum DHT pre and post cycle to get a baseline, the introduce finasteride. If that isn’t working sufficiently you can introduce dutasteride. The topical version will be released soon, once a week application.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If you havent already check out More Plates More Dates he has some useful information on his website and youtube channel regarding his experience with hairloss and gear. Low dose test cycle (250/300mg) with dut/fin is your best bet you could also look at running turinabol with it as its widely regarded as hair safe. Whatever you do dont run an oral only cycle and try stay away from sarms. Feel free to pm if you have any questions i might be able to help or point you in the right direction.  

On 1/28/2022 at 1:55 AM, _lshy said:

For those of us actively treating genetic AGA/male hair loss with Finasteride or Dutasteride and are interested in improving our physiques with the addition of PEDs - are there any PED protocols that are relatively hair safe?

Not talking about becoming a mass monster, but more of a low end men's-physique level, Kumail Nanjiani type deal. What can we reasonably take?

People have referenced Nandrolone, but it appears not to be a safe compound to run when in conjunction with a 5AR inhibitor.

One suggested approach is just running a low dose T cycle and ramping up slowly, adjusting the dutasteride dose or adding in finasteride, then making adjustments  based on your observations.

e.g. Starting at something like 200mg Test-Propionate and increasing slowly over the the course of a few weeks to see what's tolerable.

Keeping in mind a cycle is usually relatively short (6 - 12 weeks)

Anyone have experience here running anything without yeeting their follicles into the stratosphere?

Edited by dotdashdashdash

7 hours ago, dotdashdashdash said:

[MPMD Video]

I checked out the videos MPMD had on the subject and he doesn't really cover how to minimise the loss particularly when already using a 5AR inhibitor (like Dutasteride).

It's apparent that no steroid use is safe for your body or your hair but to limit the damage to your hair, my assumption is running a low dose cycle of Test-E per week + a low dose of a mildly androgenic compound like turinabol would be a good approach. Something like:

.5mg Dutasteride started at least 5 weeks prior and used daily.

Week 1  | 250mg Test E
Week 2  | 250mg Test E
Week 3  | 250mg Test E
Week 4  | 250mg Test E
Week 6  | 250mg Test E, 25mg Turinabol
Week 7  | 250mg Test E, 25mg Turinabol
Week 8  | 250mg Test E, 25mg Turinabol
Week 9  | 250mg Test E, 25mg Turinabol
Week 10 | 250mg Test E, 25mg Turinabol
Week 11 | 250mg Test E, 25mg Turinabol
Week 12 | 250mg Test E, 25mg Turinabol
Week 13 |
Week 14 |
Week 15 | 20mg Nolva
Week 16 | 20mg Nolva
Week 17 | 20mg Nolva
Week 18 | 20mg Nolva

A topical anti androgen like RU55841 might be something worth considering during the cycle, given its relatively short exposure duration. Perhaps in the future Pyrilutamide, which is a topical anti androgen that is related to RU55841 and is in Phase 3 trials, might be a great way to mitigate the damage from steroid abuse. 

On 1/27/2022 at 11:55 PM, _lshy said:

you can't have everything in life. Choose a full head of hair or being a bodybuilder, not both

12 minutes ago, _lshy said:

It's apparent that no steroid use is safe for your body

who would have thought....

Haha well it's not cut and dry. I assumed that with our advances in science and capacity to create compounds with highly selective receptor targeting, we could have PEDs that target muscles receptors preferentially and avoid binding to follicle receptors (as we see with Turinabol).

It's a shame that the legality of PEDs interferes with research to improve their safety, purity and side effect profiles. Imagine where we could have taken something like tbol, considering it's the only PED designed exclusively for performance enhancement and that was in the 70s.

EDIT: Looks like adding a topical anti-androgen could offer some follicle protective effects assuming it out-competes your PED stack for follicle receptors.

Given a cycle is relatively short lived (12 weeks), it might be worthwhile stacking RU-58841 with it to out compete the addition of extra test. Given it's a research chemical offered by shady labs, I wouldn't be keen on longer term usage - but then again the same could be said for the contents of an entire PED cycle.

Edited by _lshy
  • Like 1