Successful first transplant - but would like to fill in the right temple

Hello. I had a successful transplant over a year and half a  ago. The only thing is the right temple is not as filled in as the left. This is something i notice, i'm sure, more than anyone else. I have dark hair. Interesting that when i died my hair blonde it wasn't as noticeable as when it's my normal color..

Is it possible to see a surgeon who will do 500 grafts or the amount needed on the right side?

Since i'm in the united states who would one recommend. Of course i've heard noting but great things about Koniar. I've also heard Cooley. 

I was curious who people would choose to go to for a touch up

thanks 

6 hours ago, rumblefish7194 said:

Hello. I had a successful transplant over a year and half a  ago. The only thing is the right temple is not as filled in as the left. This is something i notice, i'm sure, more than anyone else. I have dark hair. Interesting that when i died my hair blonde it wasn't as noticeable as when it's my normal color..

Is it possible to see a surgeon who will do 500 grafts or the amount needed on the right side?

Since i'm in the united states who would one recommend. Of course i've heard noting but great things about Koniar. I've also heard Cooley. 

I was curious who people would choose to go to for a touch up

thanks 

You're gonna need a consultation and they'll advise you for the temples and grafts needed. Mine are completely gone and need a 100% restoration and i was told circa 250 grafts, so if you already have a temple that just needs filling in, i'd be surprised if it needs even more than half that. 

It's also probably gonna make it easier for you cost wise and to get a clinic that's reputable to do it if it's only 150 or so grafts providing they're happy to do only that many grafts. Maybe fit you in for an afternoon appointment. 

Thanks for replying. I believe the areas i'm looking to improve up on are considered "temple" areas. Basically the right area in the front i would like to improve. I would imagine they would probably want to fill in the left as well to make sure it's even. 

What is it that makes the temples more difficult? 

3 hours ago, rumblefish7194 said:

Thanks for replying. I believe the areas i'm looking to improve up on are considered "temple" areas. Basically the right area in the front i would like to improve. I would imagine they would probably want to fill in the left as well to make sure it's even. 

What is it that makes the temples more difficult? 

The type of hair you need is usually much softer and slower growing as well as less pigmented usually. Using even single hair grafts that are thick in the points can make it look pluggy and un-natural. 

Usually the hair from the nape of the neck is said to be a good area depending on your donor situation but it's also a risky area for long term as it's not quite within the solid "safe donor area" as it were. 

A common myth is that the donor area isn't affected by hair loss. It is. Just that the hair there are the most resistant on your head against DHT and its why using Finasteride etc. imo helps hair all over the head.