Surgery date next Monday. Grafts count concerns.

Smacias15

It's me again, I started a thread about my situation but I want to adjust the pictures a little. I have my surgery next Monday and want to make sure I got quoted correctly. Attached is a chart of their hair grafts break down of cm2. So my doctor quoted me 1200-1500 to fill in the corners and he said that they need to lower the hairline just a tad so it can connect to my corners with the other transplanted hair. So you can see the areas I marked where the grafts will be their. But NO work to the forelock. I'll be on fin and Minoxidil to thicken that area up. So he re quoted me for 2200 hair grafts. Based on the area i drew, the quote seems a bit steep compared to other similar examples of my hair loss. I was thinking 1600-1800. What you guys think? 

20220112_135339.jpg

Screenshot_20220124-113655_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20220112-150142_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220112-150146_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220124-191737_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Smacias15

• Smacias15 changed the title to Surgery date next Monday. Grafts count concerns.
1 hour ago, JoeMan said:

From the pictures, it seems like on the high side. Do you mind stating what clinic? Maybe express your concerns. Have you received other quotes for your hair and if so were they close? 

Yes, i was quoted 1000 from one doctor just to do corners(no new hairline). I got quoted 2250 frim dr Mohebi(corners and slight lower hairline), and another doctor quoted 1200(corners.) This clinic from LA fue said 1200-1500 for corners plus another 600 for a lower hairline. (From left end of my forelock to right end of my forelock). 600 grafts of one small linear line seems steep 

Edited by Smacias15

• 9 months later...

Yes, give us an update "Smacias15".

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 8:17 PM, spizzam6 said:

Hi man,

hope you’re still around and having great progress with the procedure. I’m set to get the procedure with Jacques soon and just wanted to get your perspective on the experience so far. 

hope to hear from you soon!

Jacques is a skilled physician. He’s very goood on placing softeners infront of the hairline to make the hairline look more natural. He quoted 2800 for me but I said I only could afford 1700 grafts. He then proceeded to the throw in an extra 700 grafts for free which amazed me. I got 2416 grafts total. 

Did you get your procedure done yet?

Edited by Smacias15

Congratulations. Super results.  I'm sure you're thrilled.  Good for you and thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

@Smacias15,

I was going to post a reply to your initial topic not realizing that you posted this back in January of this year. I was simply going to state that every physician possesses a unique philosophy and often times graft count estimates vary from doctor to doctor.

I was also going to say that 2200 grafts seems pretty accurate because the area to be covered is a bit larger than you think. Hair is often transplanted in between and around the natural hair in addition to the bald areas for a couple reasons. For starters, for density to be consistent, hair often needs to be transplanted in between and around the natural hair.  Otherwise the area of natural hair will appear thinner.

Furthermore, in the event you lose more natural hair, you want the hair transplant to stand alone and look natural. You certainly wouldn’t want to lose all your natural hair upfront and end up with an unnatural looking hair transplant with tufts of hair on the side of the front with no hair in the center.

All that to say, it looks like your results turned out really nice and the estimate you were given worked out quite well.  I think 1000 grafts would have been way too little to give you what you really needed and wanted.  Congratulations on a nice looking result.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 3 weeks later...