Best US Repair Docs?

I am looking to book surgery this November with a US elite doc. I am too nervous to book internationally so far in advance, bc who knows what the COVID and travel situation will be like 10 months from now. So just want to stick to the US. 

This will be my 4TH ht in 4 years....so absolutely no f*cking around gambling on non-elite docs. 

Issues:

1) Right side temple grafts are badly angled

2) Some (but not all) of the hairline grafts are badly angled as well

3) Left Side Hairline design is too rounded

4) Not a "repair" but my crown could use appx. 500-700 grafts, and want it taken care of since I will already be on the operating table for my repair issues

I'm heavily leaning towards Konior. While I don't often see Konior listed specifically as an elite repair doc (like Mwamba is), Konior is obviously extremely skilled regardless of the background, and seems to be the best surgeon to have guaranteed success. 

Thoughts? Who are the best US repair docs? 

Coverage vs direction.png

Issue 2 Unfiltered.png

Issue 2 Filtered.png

Left Side Temple.png

Left Side Temple 2.png

Edited by SadMan2021

Sorry to hear of your struggles man. Good news is that I think what you describe is very doable. I was recently looking into repairs as well and found that in addition to Konior, there is Cooley, Shapiro, and H&W to consider as well. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them! Something important to me was time frame, and some of these docs are scheduled out over a year.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Konior and Cooley are both excellent repair docs.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Konior and Cooley are both excellent repair docs.

thanks! I'm going to start seeking out consultations this week, I'll be sure to include Cooley in my list. I'm super excited to hopefully get my issues addressed. 

4 minutes ago, yalla8 said:

in addition to Konior, there is Cooley, Shapiro, and H&W to consider as well.

thanks. I'll be sure to get consultations from Cooley and Shapiro, in addition to Dr. K. I would definitely seek out H&W except they are in Canada. Canada is highly likely to close their border with the US if there is a huge COVID flare-up, so too much of a gamble. 

And yes it sucks all the elite docs have such a long waitlist. The long waitlist is honestly way more agonizing to me than the cost. But it is what it is. I also have an important wedding in September, and don't want to get surgery too soon, because I can't risk looking like an ugly duckling for the wedding.

Konior and Cooley like Melvin said. 

Also if you are looking to maximize your crown grafts Konior has a couple threads on here with 700-800 graft crown procedures that were awesome. 

Would try not to worry too much about the wait and would advise to focus more on who you think would be the best for you.

• Like 1

I have had two surgeries with Dr. Konior. The first of which was a "repair" and the second a density enhancement. He effectively camoflouged stalky misangled grafts and rebuilt my temples and temple points. You will not find a better surgeon for anything hair related than him. If cost is not an issue then he would undoubtedly be my choice for your situation. He excels at everything, but in particular the finesse and naturalness of his hairline work is simple amazing. He also makes crown grafts have a very high coverage value based on implant design and implant angles. 

• Like 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

3 hours ago, BDK081522 said:

I have had two surgeries with Dr. Konior. The first of which was a "repair" and the second a density enhancement. He effectively camoflouged stalky misangled grafts and rebuilt my temples and temple points. You will not find a better surgeon for anything hair related than him. If cost is not an issue then he would undoubtedly be my choice for your situation. He excels at everything, but in particular the finesse and naturalness of his hairline work is simple amazing. He also makes crown grafts have a very high coverage value based on implant design and implant angles. 

that's exactly what I need to hear! Im my case my badly angled temps are already quite dense, so not sure he could build around. Guessing he'd extract and replace them instead. But good to know, Ill bring it up when I communicate with him.

The wait time to seem him is agonizingly long, and not even going into the price....but I think I just need to bite the bullet and see him. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is highly repairable.  You should be ok.  Have you found any willing to take your case?  

let us know who you decide with.  I need someone to fix this repair dilemma rahal has put me in.  Hairline and etc.