Need advise for a Norwood 6

tony71

I talked to Mr Singh from Euginex today. He said they would take 2000 grafts from my donor area and 1000 grafts from my beard for a total of 3000 grafts and that would give me a 40cm2 to 45cm2 coverage.    

Now when we chatted it was 2000 grafts total but now it’s 3000?  That’s a big difference.  So I asked him and he said he will need to double check with the doctor.  Hopefully it is 3000. 

Keep us posted.  Interesting case, let us know what you plans are when you decide on a course of action.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Got a feedback from Dr Mwamba. 
although money is not an issue this seems kind of over the top??  Not sure about PRP.  Im thinking if Euginex comes through with 2000 from scalp and 1000 from beard  then for crown I can go with Mwamba using body hair  

“Thank you for consulting Dr. Mwamba on your hair restoration needs. 
The doctor recommended:

1. Medical Treatment
PRP Treatment with surgery for a better yield.

PRP (Plasma Rich Platelets) contains a lot of growth factors. Among these growth factors, some are very effective in stimulating hair stem cells (proliferation of derma papilla cells with production of hair with bigger caliber) and also inhibiting apoptosis or death of hair cells (your hair cycle will be prolonged). It also contains some growth factors that improve your blood supply (same as in Acell).

HA is a binding element for PRP.

Cost of PRP is $1500

2. Surgery for a range total of 6000 BHT: 3000 grafts in the vertex and 3000 in the front.
BHT will be extracted from the beard, chest and belly. 

Here is the cost estimate:
The cost of BHT is $8.00/graft
6000 grafts x $8 = $48000
Plus $199 for operation and post-op medications
Total = $48199”

HLC came back and they can do 1800 grafts for the front.  But I’m sure they can do more than that.   

Not sure which is better choice Euginex or HLC?  I know Euginex has experience with Norwood 6 but it seems so does HLC.  Euginex is further from me while HLC I can get on a nonstop flight. 

Dr Zagrev contacted me he’s book until April next year   

1 hour ago, tony71 said:

HLC came back and they can do 1800 grafts for the front.  But I’m sure they can do more than that.   

Not sure which is better choice Euginex or HLC?  I know Euginex has experience with Norwood 6 but it seems so does HLC.  Euginex is further from me while HLC I can get on a nonstop flight. 

Usually when a clinic indicates they can do X amount, that means they are only willing to do that X amount.  Don't assume you can force them to do more than they are comfortable doing properly.  They don't want to waste donor if they are not confident in it working.

From what you wrote it looks like Mwamba is the only place willing to go up to 6,000, which even then won't do a huge amount of baldness reversal.  But it would be better than 1,800 grafts.

• Like 1

Hello!

So I have decided to go with Euginex! Got the package with Dr Sethi and Dr Arika.   Excited and nervous but so far the team has been very helpful with answering my questions and letting me know what I need to do. 

i wanted to drink 2 or 3 glass of wine on the plane so I can catch some sleep. I will be arriving 2 days earlier before the procedure but I read that no drinking a week before due to may cause excessive bleeding during surgery. 

has anyone ever experienced this ?

On 1/31/2022 at 6:19 AM, tony71 said:

Hello!

So I have decided to go with Euginex! Got the package with Dr Sethi and Dr Arika.   Excited and nervous but so far the team has been very helpful with answering my questions and letting me know what I need to do. 

i wanted to drink 2 or 3 glass of wine on the plane so I can catch some sleep. I will be arriving 2 days earlier before the procedure but I read that no drinking a week before due to may cause excessive bleeding during surgery. 

Yes, before my first HT I was instructed to cease drinking alcohol a week prior to the transplant. In reality though, if two glasses of wine on the plane is your only alcohol consumption for a week prior to your transplant and you are arriving a few days prior, I doubt it would make any difference at all.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Hayden87 said:

Yes, before my first HT I was instructed to cease drinking alcohol a week prior to the transplant. In reality though, if two glasses of wine on the plane is your only alcohol consumption for a week prior to your transplant and you are arriving a few days prior, I doubt it would make any difference at all.

Actually it will be two days prior. But the rep at Euginex said it’s okay. 

• Valued Contributor
On 1/31/2022 at 4:19 AM, tony71 said:

Hello!

Two glasses is fine a few days before the procedure. All doctors state to cease alcohol prior to surgery. Your one (or two) glasses to someone else could be half a bottle of scotch. 'Drinking' is a very subjective term and alcohol can cause excessive bleeding (but not in the levels you have described). All the best with your surgery with Eugenix. I had my procedure with them ten days ago and the service is second to none!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Two glasses is fine a few days before the procedure. All doctors state to cease alcohol prior to surgery. Your one (or two) glasses to someone else could be half a bottle of scotch. 'Drinking' is a very subjective term and alcohol can cause excessive bleeding (but not in the levels you have described). All the best with your surgery with Eugenix. I had my procedure with them ten days ago and the service is second to none!

Thank you.  Will post pics once im there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Etownone said:

Good luck man.. 

I see you don't want to try finesteride cause your 50,   but even a low dose or a topical is key.   I take 1mg a day, but there are compound pharmacies that can give you lower doses.   

I will ask if they can write be a prescription for topical one.  Who knows you maybe right , it could go a long way. 

7 minutes ago, tony71 said:

I will ask if they can write be a prescription for topical one.  Who knows you maybe right , it could go a long way. 

If you want topical fin, there are a couple companies that you can order from like tonight.   Strut and For Hims are a couple.   The side effects are known to be less then oral.   

And i hope you're on minoxidil...  I know it's a hassle,  but that comes in oral form now.   You can take one 5mg pill in the morning and your good. 

They Def make a difference.    Good luck bro. 

Edited by Etownone
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Etownone said:

If you want topical fin, there are a couple companies that you can order from like tonight.   Strut and For Hims are a couple.   The side effects are known to be less then oral.   

And i hope you're on minoxidil...  I know it's a hassle,  but that comes in oral form now.   You can take one 5mg pill in the morning and your good. 

They Def make a difference.    Good luck bro. 

Thank you! Will look into it.  I tried rogain many years ago but stopped. 

2 hours ago, tony71 said:

Thank you! Will look into it.  I tried rogain many years ago but stopped. 

You really need to be one at least or both.    That's probably why Dr Mwamba wanted to do the prp.   You probably have so many hairs that are stuck in that sleeping phase/miniaturized.   

I speak from experience.   I was on the meds, had multiple HTs and was led to beleive transplanted hairs don't fall out.    Well,  they do, and they did for me when I stopped everything for over a hair.   

So last year I hit my hair with the kitchen sink: minoxidil, finesteride, revita shampoo, the right vitamins and Derma rolling.   In 6 months I saw a huge difference.   

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Etownone said:

You really need to be one at least or both.    That's probably why Dr Mwamba wanted to do the prp.   You probably have so many hairs that are stuck in that sleeping phase/miniaturized.   

I speak from experience.   I was on the meds, had multiple HTs and was led to beleive transplanted hairs don't fall out.    Well,  they do, and they did for me when I stopped everything for over a hair.   

So last year I hit my hair with the kitchen sink: minoxidil, finesteride, revita shampoo, the right vitamins and Derma rolling.   In 6 months I saw a huge difference.   

I will definitely do the topical Fin then. Will see if I can start this week.  

• Like 1