Dr Diep - review - surgery Jan 11th 2022 - 2750 grafts

ShivaN

I will be posting review for Dr.Deip. Surgery scheduled for tomorrow 5:30am

Review

I have mixed feelings guys, one of technician was brand new, like she it was her first day and others where showing her how to find hand cloves…i think she was trying to cut hair follicles from strip. I got pretty nervous because this was supposed to be best clinic in the west coast and I was being experimented on :(

Also, I only saw doctor for max 2.5 hours initially and he was gone. He came 3 times to checkup on me. I think they were under staffed. Technicians were rotating from cutting hair follicles from strip and placing them on my head. I was really sad at the end on how things played out.

You guys can look at the pictures and decide. Please comment.

I later found out that they do two procedures a day one FUE and other FUT.(Like he cannot do two FUE’s) Do you think doctor sold me on FUT because he can get-in extra procedure for day. What is your opinion on this guys?

I am not happy with grafts placement as you can see in pictures…praying to god that everything turns out good. 

I am honestly disappointed and sad about my procedure guys. My only advice is don’t fall for marketing gimmicks…and find doctors who gives personalized care and not always about money.

BC7C77DF-B856-4063-9B1E-F29179A56C5A.jpeg

1C9DB44B-F939-449D-A808-21C289486E88.jpeg

D15DA50C-62E0-43EC-B323-61460C72E472.jpeg

6CC342CD-4007-4F7F-9BFF-068078646C6A.jpeg

EA2692AF-CBFA-4277-A254-3F80D26E151A.jpeg

E7F240FA-C610-40B0-941D-777C9BF245E4.jpeg

4DF22231-1A1E-452B-9C0E-D6F771BA7EBC.jpeg

356DEA03-E845-4842-8E8E-4619E65965A0.jpeg

EA3A0672-8FCE-4512-85A1-864B740CB234.jpeg

25C07C3C-841B-4E42-A5B0-94553A25107B.jpeg

F34377C2-0963-45FD-BBC0-71A62DFD0AEA.jpeg

Edited by ShivaN
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Look forward to seeing your review.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/10/2022 at 8:22 PM, ShivaN said:

I will be posting review for Dr.Deip. Surgery scheduled for tomorrow 5:30am

I have mixed feelings guys, one of technician was brand new, like she it was her first day and others where showing her how to find hand cloves…i think she was trying to cut hair follicles from strip. I got pretty nervous because this was supposed to be best clinic in the west coast and I was being experimented on :(

Also, I only saw doctor for max 2.5 hours initially and he was gone. He came 3 times to checkup on me. I think they were under staffed. Technicians were rotating from cutting hair follicles from strip and placing them on my head. I was really sad at the end on how things played out.

You guys can look at the pictures and decide. Please comment.

I later found out that they do two procedures a day one FUE and other FUT. Do you think doctor sold me on FUT because he can get-in extra procedure for day. What is your opinion on this guys?

I am praying to god that all goes well. 

BC7C77DF-B856-4063-9B1E-F29179A56C5A.jpeg

1C9DB44B-F939-449D-A808-21C289486E88.jpeg

D15DA50C-62E0-43EC-B323-61460C72E472.jpeg

6CC342CD-4007-4F7F-9BFF-068078646C6A.jpeg

EA2692AF-CBFA-4277-A254-3F80D26E151A.jpeg

E7F240FA-C610-40B0-941D-777C9BF245E4.jpeg

4DF22231-1A1E-452B-9C0E-D6F771BA7EBC.jpeg

356DEA03-E845-4842-8E8E-4619E65965A0.jpeg

EA3A0672-8FCE-4512-85A1-864B740CB234.jpeg

25C07C3C-841B-4E42-A5B0-94553A25107B.jpeg

F34377C2-0963-45FD-BBC0-71A62DFD0AEA.jpeg

Looks like about 3500 grafts, am i in the ballpark? If so FUT was a better option for you since you're a higher norwood. He wasn't selling you on FUT as he would actually make way more money off of you if you pushed for FUE

• ShivaN changed the title to Dr Diep - review - surgery Jan 11th 2022 - 2700 grafts
  • ShivaN changed the title to Dr Diep - review - surgery Jan 11th 2022 - 2750 grafts
  • Administrators

Many doctors do two procedures a day, FUT is still a viable harvesting method. Depending on your goals and wanting to maximize lifetime grafts, FUT is usually offered first. When it comes to strip, the doctor excises the strip, creates the sites and then the strip slivering and graft placement is done by technicians. Nothing sounds out of the ordinary or wrong. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I am not happy with grafts placement as you can see in pictures…praying to god that everything turns out good.

I am honestly disappointed and sad about my procedure guys. My only advice is don’t fall for marketing gimmicks…and find doctors who gives personalized care and not always about money.

Edited by ShivaN
  • Sad 1

Half of grafts are missing. I don’t understand how can someone charge money and not provide quality service. That’s almost like stealing money…how can they sleep at night. I am so so mad at overlooking some yelp reviews and my instinct.

BC24C013-6CB9-424D-BA7E-75B55FCC690E.png

On 1/15/2022 at 4:59 AM, ShivaN said:

Yeah.. looks like they’ve been planted in rows 

• Administrators

You have no idea how it will turn out until 12 months. Try and not be so pessimistic. Buyers remorse is real, but stressing out will only make your fear a reality. I went to Diep and countless others on this forum, with excellent results, it’s definitely not just marketing, he has dozens of reviews here. 

• Like 1

View my thread

7 hours ago, ShivaN said:

Half of grafts are missing. I don’t understand how can someone charge money and not provide quality service. That’s almost like stealing money…how can they sleep at night. I am so so mad at overlooking some yelp reviews and my instinct.

I agree that it is not a good idea to be negative at this point. You knew that this was a 1 year journey. The best thing you can do is take care of your grafts and be patient. Wait until month 6 to start being critical. Anything before then is simply too soon. Be patient and trust the process.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Those aren't bald spots, the scab crusts have come off. 

View my thread

I don't mean this to be abrasive or anything, just for your own sanity, but you really need to chill out my man. 

You're a few days out from surgery and are panicking about every aspect of things; surely you saw some Diep cases on here before you pulled the trigger with him? You really look no different to the majority of his patients I have seen at the same stage as you are now, so why the sudden panic?

In any case, there's no point in working yourself up into such a state at the very beginning of your HT journey, it's done now and there is no going back. It's tough enough at the best of times waiting anxiously to see how things will turn out, or even just waiting the first 3 or 4 months to see if you will start sprouting according to schedule, and so on. It will be hell if you convince yourself now that everything is doomed and you'll go crazy, why do that to yourself when you really have 0 idea of what the outcome is going to be like?

• Like 3

• 4 months later...