hair of istanbul and asli tarcan be warned!!!

mmokin

On 1/3/2022 at 11:09 PM, Gokuhairline said:

OP, i hear you and yeah it sucks this happened BUT did you do any research before hand or did you just fall into the pretty marketing and decided to go to Turkey and get operated on ? 

Bro i searched for 2 months to find a bad result from that clinic but i couldnt the only black youtubers with good results documenting went to hoi and had really good results, e.g mr courtney or orane b i think is his name. Even posters on this forum hairlubious or whatever, they arent even cheap the pricing is like £4000 and up.

I didnt even have any major hair loss so i thought my case would not be a difficult one either.

I didnt really care about marketing just patient reviews and results, there strategy seems to be just refunding bad results to stop negative reviews.

Edited by mmokin

On 1/5/2022 at 1:37 AM, cafine5123 said:

Thanks for the update/warning OP but I still plan on flying to turkey for my second hair transplant at Asli Tarcan.  I did my research and went with a reputable doctor in the US that is recommend on this site for my first hair transplant and ending having a terrible result.  Asli Tarcan is doing alot of black/afro hair type transplants.   I rather take risk with them than stay at the states and pay a small fortune for another failed hair transplant.  All that matters to me at this point is to find a clinic that alot of African/black patients. 

Im praying for you 

On 1/3/2022 at 11:02 AM, Z-- said:

I think this is the third thread you've made about Hair of Istanbul? I think it's more than fair to say that they did a pretty poor job in your case, but I think it's far from a complete botch-job. Yes, your donor will look weaker, but I think there's probably enough left to have an elite doctor fill in the grafts. You'll need to do some research to have it properly fixed.

Turkey is no doubt risky, but I don't think it's necessarily any riskier than other countries (e.g. India, super-cheap US clinics, etc.). I think the appeal is the cheaper prices, particularly with the falling currency, but people that are only willing to pay around $5,000 are always going to take the risk of dealing with a hair-mill or untrained technicians, whether in Turkey or elsewhere.

Im trying to spread my experience everywhere i can. If someone like me was posting 2 years ago i wouldnt be where i am...

Posting bad results are more important than good ones imo

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Just because you don't go to a clinic doesn't mean you can't have an opinion, there are plenty of threads here from that clinic, and it's enough for me to say the results are subpar and the donor management is abysmal.

As a moderator here I would expect you to be able to make judgements on most clinic’s because I’d imagine you read most of not all of the posts on here and are able to sort through the information in an informed manner.  However the OP isn’t a moderator here and I don’t think it’s fair for him to name and share/single out one particular doctor in the title of a post and then not back it up with any information as to why he’s saying that (no info on his case or others). Fair enough about HOI because he’s been there but not Asli Tarcan. I’m not saying Asli Tarcan is a good doctor, I’m just saying the way he’s been Named and shamed when really it could be any number of hair mills mentioned isn’t fair. 

1 hour ago, Sitries1 said:

As a moderator here I would expect you to be able to make judgements on most clinic’s because I’d imagine you read most of not all of the posts on here and are able to sort through the information in an informed manner.  However the OP isn’t a moderator here and I don’t think it’s fair for him to name and share/single out one particular doctor in the title of a post and then not back it up with any information as to why he’s saying that (no info on his case or others). Fair enough about HOI because he’s been there but not Asli Tarcan. I’m not saying Asli Tarcan is a good doctor, I’m just saying the way he’s been Named and shamed when really it could be any number of hair mills mentioned isn’t fair. 

this is appeal to authority fallacy, take it from me i've seen dozens of asli results from youtube, reddit , facebook etc i didnt bring up their name out of thin air.

asli is a clinic that is honestly worse than hoi if i went with them i dont think i'd even be here today

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hair mills have varying degrees of damage. You have the hair mills that completely ruin and destroy people. Like the one that @Doron Harati went to, and then you have the highly marketed, Instagram verified, mills that achieve minimal success with unnatural results.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/5/2022 at 2:37 AM, cafine5123 said:

Thanks for the update/warning OP but I still plan on flying to turkey for my second hair transplant at Asli Tarcan.  I did my research and went with a reputable doctor in the US that is recommend on this site for my first hair transplant and ending having a terrible result.  Asli Tarcan is doing alot of black/afro hair type transplants.   I rather take risk with them than stay at the states and pay a small fortune for another failed hair transplant.  All that matters to me at this point is to find a clinic that alot of African/black patients. 

Curly hair is tricky to extract, high possibility to damage grafts even with best surgeons....there is a video on youtube about curly hair extraction problematics!

I would pick only the best reviewed surgeons that have plenty of afro HT's under their hand!

Good luck!