HT Transplant Recommendations in Houston/Turkey

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 3:22 AM, JC71 said:

@ab102ttuHey ! How are you getting on with your research? Did you have a meeting with Dr Arocha? Please do come back to update us 🙏

Hi, I did go and see Dr arocha today . He is not recommending transplant since I have hair loss all over and mainly just experiencing thinning. He is recommending laser therapy , PRP treatment (one time ) to reverse thinning , rogaine and propecia (1 mg) . He stated that I need to do rogaine , propecia , and laser therapy everyday as long as I want to keep my hair. The PRP treatment alone is $2600. If I get it with laser therapy the total is ($4100) ($2100 prp plus $2000 laser therapy. It's $1000 discount combining then both and he said that yields the best results . I feel like I need to find another place in Houston to get a second opinion . What are your thoughts on how I should go about my treatment ? I don't know much about this laser and prp treatment and what a reasonable cost is for it.  Appreciate the advice !

Edited by ab102ttu

53 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Sounds outrageous for PRP to me. I think you can buy a laser cheaper than 2k. This seems very expensive and likely a waste of money for the PRP. 

Agree. Do you know what would be a good laser to buy? I'm thinking minoxydil finasteride (1mg or topical ) and laser cap is what I'm leaning. Here's latest pics of how it looks. It's just thinning all over . Second pic is combed. Im also wondering if I should consult over seas with doctor bicer. 

20220222_191008.jpg

20220204_224153.jpg

Edited by ab102ttu

Sorry but I'm not familiar with laser caps. Maybe @LaserCaps can chime in and suggest one? I've read on here someone saying $700 for one but honestly I don't know much about them at all. PRP is expensive and results are questionable. If you have money to burn, I don't think it can hurt though. The medication is likely your best hope. I'd start the medication, laser cap and possibly add derma rolling for at least 6 months before you get a hair transplant. You can consult with Dr. Biçer but I think stabilizing your hair loss will be key before moving forward. 

I honestly think Eugenix might be a better option for your case though. 

12 hours ago, JoeMan said:

Sorry but I'm not familiar with laser caps. Maybe @LaserCaps can chime in and suggest one? I've read on here someone saying $700 for one but honestly I don't know much about them at all. PRP is expensive and results are questionable. If you have money to burn, I don't think it can hurt though. The medication is likely your best hope. I'd start the medication, laser cap and possibly add derma rolling for at least 6 months before you get a hair transplant. You can consult with Dr. Biçer but I think stabilizing your hair loss will be key before moving forward. 

I honestly think Eugenix might be a better option for your case though. 

Yes, there are knock offs of Knock offs now-a-days.  You could probably get one on eBay for a couple of hundred dollars.  LaserCap, however, is by provider only.  It is a prescription strength cap that carries a lifetime warranty.  It uses diodes instead of lds, and is the only one that I know studies were made.  The array of 224 diodes does provide for the most efficacy. The cap is $2500.  $2000 is a very competitive price.  It's just like anything else.  Do you like driving a Mercedes or a VW? 

With regards to the PRP, it's like the old Wild West.  Everybody for themselves.  Unfortunately the majority do not work. Again, do your homework and always ask about credentialing.  Fellowships in hair are just not easy to obtain.  So, who do you trust? Review photos of results.  It is about results at the end of the day.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

2 hours ago, LaserCaps said:

Yes, there are knock offs of Knock offs now-a-days.  You could probably get one on eBay for a couple of hundred dollars.  LaserCap, however, is by provider only.  It is a prescription strength cap that carries a lifetime warranty.  It uses diodes instead of lds, and is the only one that I know studies were made.  The array of 224 diodes does provide for the most efficacy. The cap is $2500.  $2000 is a very competitive price.  It's just like anything else.  Do you like driving a Mercedes or a VW? 

With regards to the PRP, it's like the old Wild West.  Everybody for themselves.  Unfortunately the majority do not work. Again, do your homework and always ask about credentialing.  Fellowships in hair are just not easy to obtain.  So, who do you trust? Review photos of results.  It is about results at the end of the day.

Thanks . Do you have any link of any laser cap you recommend . Do you know anything about the Irestore ones ? Thanks .

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, ab102ttu said:

Thanks . Do you have any link of any laser cap you recommend . Do you know anything about the Irestore ones ? Thanks .

I’m being sent a lasercap, I’ll be doing a full review. Be on the look out, if it works well, we could end up getting a promotion code for the community.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/26/2022 at 10:26 AM, ab102ttu said:

The IRestore does not even provide 1 Joul of power.  The LaserCap provides 4, (dose of energy per treatment). 

Edited by LaserCaps

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

On 2/25/2022 at 11:31 PM, ab102ttu said:

Hi, I did go and see Dr arocha today . He is not recommending transplant since I have hair loss all over and mainly just experiencing thinning. He is recommending laser therapy , PRP treatment (one time ) to reverse thinning , rogaine and propecia (1 mg) . He stated that I need to do rogaine , propecia , and laser therapy everyday as long as I want to keep my hair. The PRP treatment alone is $2600. If I get it with laser therapy the total is ($4100) ($2100 prp plus $2000 laser therapy. It's $1000 discount combining then both and he said that yields the best results . I feel like I need to find another place in Houston to get a second opinion . What are your thoughts on how I should go about my treatment ? I don't know much about this laser and prp treatment and what a reasonable cost is for it.  Appreciate the advice !

The PRP and Laser Cap sounds like an attempt to extract money out of you imho. I would urge you to take Finasteride and give it 12 months to see how that affects you because if you hop onto Minoxodil at the same time, you don't know which treatments yielded which results. That said, use a derma pen and start Microneedling once a week at 1-1.5mm depths. It will probably give you much better results than just Finasteride alone and its proven to have any results last longer after stopping use unlike the hair that fall once Minoxodil is stopped. 

Personally i don't think the science to the price/effort of using PRP and laser caps is worth it for the results. In fact, you could probably benefit a bit more for the price by adding a 2% ketoconazole shampoo like Nizoral into the mix for its Anti-Androgen properties. 

Overall, get a few more consultations but medication and hair restoration for 12 months should be the focus if you haven't done so previously. 

15 hours ago, NARMAK said:

The PRP and Laser Cap sounds like an attempt to extract money out of you imho. I would urge you to take Finasteride and give it 12 months to see how that affects you because if you hop onto Minoxodil at the same time, you don't know which treatments yielded which results. That said, use a derma pen and start Microneedling once a week at 1-1.5mm depths. It will probably give you much better results than just Finasteride alone and its proven to have any results last longer after stopping use unlike the hair that fall once Minoxodil is stopped. 

Personally i don't think the science to the price/effort of using PRP and laser caps is worth it for the results. In fact, you could probably benefit a bit more for the price by adding a 2% ketoconazole shampoo like Nizoral into the mix for its Anti-Androgen properties. 

Overall, get a few more consultations but medication and hair restoration for 12 months should be the focus if you haven't done so previously. 

Appreciate the advice . Is there any particular derma needling you recommend or just get a cheap 1.5 mm one from Walmart /Amazon ? Are you recommending to do fin only by it self and no minoxydil? Or just do it alone 3 months then see how it is ? It seems rogaine is one of those things u have to continue using ? Thanks !

4 hours ago, ab102ttu said:

Appreciate the advice . Is there any particular derma needling you recommend or just get a cheap 1.5 mm one from Walmart /Amazon ? Are you recommending to do fin only by it self and no minoxydil? Or just do it alone 3 months then see how it is ? It seems rogaine is one of those things u have to continue using ? Thanks !

You can use a regular derma roller off Amazon but i've recently bought a Derma pen and probably over the longer term its a better investment and more effective. You can probably get one that's well regarded like a Dr Pen M8 if you want, but i got a more generic version. 

I recommended only starting Finasteride because it's probably going to be easier to adhere to by taking 1 pill a day depending on whether you're willing to take that. You could start off though 2-3x a week and the taper up if you like so as to get the body used to the drop in DHT which could potentially mitigate any side affects. 

I know you're probably eager to get a HT sooner but if you are willing to be patient over a 12-24 month period the plan would be as follows:

12 Months Finasteride + Microneedling with a derma roller/pen then reasses and decide whether to add Minoxodil and wait another 12 months or go for a hair transplant after 12 months if you don't want to add Minoxidil. 

Personally i have kept Minoxodil in my back pocket for now. Mainly because i have no idea whether i would stick to the topical 2x a day and also because i don't think i'm able to get a hold of the oral Minoxodil easily in the UK. 

That said, in the US there is a possibility to get a topical Finasteride and Minoxodil combo. 

I know that's a lot of information chucked at you so feel free to ask anything else. 

7 hours ago, NARMAK said:

You can use a regular derma roller off Amazon but i've recently bought a Derma pen and probably over the longer term its a better investment and more effective. You can probably get one that's well regarded like a Dr Pen M8 if you want, but i got a more generic version. 

I recommended only starting Finasteride because it's probably going to be easier to adhere to by taking 1 pill a day depending on whether you're willing to take that. You could start off though 2-3x a week and the taper up if you like so as to get the body used to the drop in DHT which could potentially mitigate any side affects. 

I know you're probably eager to get a HT sooner but if you are willing to be patient over a 12-24 month period the plan would be as follows:

12 Months Finasteride + Microneedling with a derma roller/pen then reasses and decide whether to add Minoxodil and wait another 12 months or go for a hair transplant after 12 months if you don't want to add Minoxidil. 

Personally i have kept Minoxodil in my back pocket for now. Mainly because i have no idea whether i would stick to the topical 2x a day and also because i don't think i'm able to get a hold of the oral Minoxodil easily in the UK. 

That said, in the US there is a possibility to get a topical Finasteride and Minoxodil combo. 

I know that's a lot of information chucked at you so feel free to ask anything else. 

Thanks . I see what you are saying . I am going to see how the results look before deciding if a HT is still necessary . Can anyone else provide input based on my situation ? I thought that minoxydil must be taken with finasteride ? Should I be worried to get off min and only do fin? I am planning to take finasteride 1mg 3 times a week starting out. 

31 minutes ago, ab102ttu said:

Thanks . I see what you are saying . I am going to see how the results look before deciding if a HT is still necessary . Can anyone else provide input based on my situation ? I thought that minoxydil must be taken with finasteride ? Should I be worried to get off min and only do fin? I am planning to take finasteride 1mg 3 times a week starting out. 

My apologies, i completely misread your post. 

You are already on Minoxidil. Do NOT discontinue in that case because any hair relying on it are likely to be lost quicker. Add Finasteride into your routine and Microneedling. It will boost your results significantly. Re-evaluate in 12 months as to how good a candidate you might be for a hair transplant and consult with pretty much everyone realistically you willing to go to. 

Save up in the meantime and budget accordingly over the 1w months so if the transplant is viable, you're ready to rock and having that money already saved makes it feel like much less of a slog. 

• 9 months later...

I just wanted to update everyone in my progress to restore hair. I have been taken finasteride 1mg per day Have not felt any side affects. Also taking minoxidil 1-2 times daily with keto konozale shampoo 1-2 times monthly. It looks like it has definitely helped stop the balding but hair still looks thin. Does this sub feel I'm good candidate for transplant now or I should continue use for 6 more months to have a better idea. When I wake up u can see how it's still receding but when I comb my hair it looks less noticeable. Especially when styling hair with hair product such as pomade, I can hide it better. I think the main issue is the thinning is still there and not alot of hair density. For transplant I was thinking of consulting with Dr bicer, Dr gur or Hlc in turkey. I am on the fence though as hair definitely has improved significantly. 

20221213_090225.jpg

20221213_090241.jpg

20221213_084825.jpg

20221210_184918.jpg

20221213_095106.jpg

Edited by ab102ttu

39 minutes ago, ab102ttu said:

I just wanted to update everyone in my progress to restore hair. I have been taken finasteride 1mg per day Have not felt any side affects. Also taking minoxidil 1-2 times daily with keto konozale shampoo 1-2 times monthly. It looks like it has definitely helped stop the balding but hair still looks thin. Does this sub feel I'm good candidate for transplant now or I should continue use for 6 more months to have a better idea. When I wake up u can see how it's still receding but when I comb my hair it looks less noticeable. Especially when styling hair with hair product such as pomade, I can hide it better. I think the main issue is the thinning is still there and not alot of hair density. For transplant I was thinking of consulting with Dr bicer, Dr gur or Hlc in turkey. I am on the fence though as hair definitely has improved significantly. 

20221213_090225.jpg

20221213_090241.jpg

20221213_084825.jpg

20221210_184918.jpg

20221213_095106.jpg

Dr Bicer and Dr Gur are great shouts, I went with Dr Turan (same clinic as Dr Gur, Fuecapilar) and they are great, had a good experience with them. 😁