Oral Minoxidil Tablets, Melvin I need Help

jolly

hi  guys , 

really stuck and confused about my thinning hair and the loss of confidence when I look at my crown ... its fast loosing face and the skin is really visible in that area like a cue ball .

too bad I can take finasteride as I have horrible and debilitating sides from it . Was however keen to try Oral Minoxidil , but have read on some forums that sides can be too lethal from oral minox as it mostly concerns the heart and lungs ... too bad 

I think Melvin has been using oral minox for a while now , so maybe melvin can help me start , 

I want to know at what dose  is  it safe ? and do u need to take it once or twice / per day  . Im fit and healthy , so no medical condition by gods grace and blessings .

Melvin please share your experience about oral minox , esp. at the CROWN , and at what dose do you take ? is it worth the hype ?  and any sides that have affected you .

All board members also please chime in , this crown loss is making my life Ridiculous .

• Administrators

It’s nothing significant, if you have significant hair loss the only solution is surgery. Medication is more for prevention of future hair loss.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If you can't take a DHT blocker like finasteride that actually addresses the underlying reason you are losing the hair, then minoxidil is a waste of time long term. Definitely not worth even the smallest risk to your cardiovascular health even with minimal dosing, in my opinion. Especially if that area is already as barren as a cue ball, like you say.

Either try just shaving it all off, get a hair transplant, cover it with a hair piece, or SMP. Maybe try to do some combination of a comb-over and concealers like hair fibers until you get one of those done.

Edited by ciaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ciaus said:

If you can't take a DHT blocker like finasteride that actually addresses the underlying reason you are losing the hair, then minoxidil is a waste of time long term. Definitely not worth even the smallest risk to your cardiovascular health even with minimal dosing, in my opinion. Especially if that area is already as barren as a cue ball, like you say.

Either try just shaving it all off, get a hair transplant, cover it with a hair piece, or SMP. Maybe try to do some combination of a comb-over and concealers like hair fibers until you get one of those done.

yes in my opinion what you say about a DHT blocker is very true  but i really cannot take it as i get horrible sides , yet when i see forum results and youtube vids of OM is just raises some hopes to revive my crown , which  is not almost barren but you can see the formation of a cue ball with some sparse coverage but not enough to hide it thoroughly .

Edited by jolly