Who are the other doctors at Eugenix?

Hi all,

I am currently researching clinics for my second hair transplant (for which I will start a thread in due course). However, Eugenix is already at the top of my list, due to their excellent results with higher Norwood levels.

I have been reading reviews of their work and browsing their website for a couple of months now. A few days ago, they updated their website with a new price list and I notice, to my dismay, Dr. Arika no longer has any involvement in the Rs. 120 per graft 'Exclusive' package. It appears to now be conducted entirely by 'Senior Eugenix trained doctors' and techs.

Which brings me to my titular question, who are the other (senior) doctors at Eugenix? Does anyone here have experience with them? Could Eugenix perhaps post a thread in the forum introducing us to them, with some examples of their work?

I haven't yet made contact with Eugenix personally, my country is still a few months from restarting international travel and I'm waiting for it to actually happen before I start reaching out to clinics.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Valued Contributor

Hi mate, 

I’m literally sat in the hotel having just finished day 2 with Eugenix. I booked an older version of the exclusive package which has more involvement from Dr Arika. 

That said, I had a few slits done this morning during the second session by both Dr Arika & Dr Priyadishani, who I found to be excellent. 

There’s a terrific result from Dr Priyadishani on @ADil- go and check his thread - incredible result!

Edited by Berba11
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thats bad actually that exclusive package in Eugenix is now entirely done by trained doctors. Not many cases from trained doctors of Eugenix. The majority of the results you have seen from Eugenix are done either by Dr Arika or Dr Sethi. Slits opening is very important and should be done from a senior doctor like Arika or Sethi and not from trained doctors with no much experience.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, AZ67 said:

Thats bad actually that exclusive package in Eugenix is now entirely done by trained doctors. Not many cases from trained doctors of Eugenix. The majority of the results you have seen from Eugenix are done either by Dr Arika or Dr Sethi. Slits opening is very important and should be done from a senior doctor like Arika or Sethi and not from trained doctors with no much experience.

It’s only bad if the doctors are bad, and that appears not to be the case. 

What someone who wants a lower package has to do is simply ask which doctor will be assigned to them and ask to see their work. 

Or pay more for Dr Arika/Pradeep. 

What I’ve seen is that with Dr Arika being part of most packages (until any recent changes) is that she can’t simply be in every operating theatre at the same time. I think if Eugenix tried to retain Dr Arika’s input at every level, patients might be annoyed at how little time they actually get with Dr Arika. 

I have to say the team as a whole were fantastic. Dr Pradeep even said hello via a video call mid-op and chatted with me briefly, which was a classy touch. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

It’s only bad if the doctors are bad, and that appears not to be the case. 

What someone who wants a lower package has to do is simply ask which doctor will be assigned to them and ask to see their work. 

Or pay more for Dr Arika/Pradeep. 

What I’ve seen is that with Dr Arika being part of most packages (until any recent changes) is that she can’t simply be in every operating theatre at the same time. I think if Eugenix tried to retain Dr Arika’s input at every level, patients might be annoyed at how little time they actually get with Dr Arika. 

I have to say the team as a whole were fantastic. Dr Pradeep even said hello via a video call mid-op and chatted with me briefly, which was a classy touch. 

I did not say that trained doctors of Eugenix are bad, but you have not seen many cases from them, as most results that we have seen from Eugenix were with the Dr Arika's involvment. So in order to select a doctor you have to see many cases from this particular doctor. If you have not see then how could you select him?

So Its bad because u have to pay more now for Dr Arika's involvement in the procedure. In the previous package Dr Arika was doing the slits in the exclusive package and all the plan, but now this has completely changed.

I think the best is to have opening channel done by Dr Arika, like it was before in the exclusive package. And try not to put many patients per day, so Dr Arika has enough time to make the slits on exclusive packages too and people can pay affordable price with Dr Arika's involvement.

Edited by AZ67
  • Confused 1

Just to be clear, Eugenix do differentiate in their pricing schedule between "Eugenix trained doctors" for the 'Comprehensive' (Rs. 75) package and "Senior Eugenix trained doctors" for the 'Exclusive' (Rs. 120) package.

I'm sure their senior doctors are far from being inexperienced. However, they are unknown to me. It would certainly set my mind at ease to see a portfolio of results attributed to the doctors who will, from now, be performing the 'Exclusive package' surgery.

I assume there will be others with the same question in mind, given the Rs. 120 price-point is likely what attracts many to India, especially those of us requiring a higher number of grafts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hayden87 said:

Hi all,

I am currently researching clinics for my second hair transplant (for which I will start a thread in due course). However, Eugenix is already at the top of my list, due to their excellent results with higher Norwood levels.

I have been reading reviews of their work and browsing their website for a couple of months now. A few days ago, they updated their website with a new price list and I notice, to my dismay, Dr. Arika no longer has any involvement in the Rs. 120 per graft 'Exclusive' package. It appears to now be conducted entirely by 'Senior Eugenix trained doctors' and techs.

Which brings me to my titular question, who are the other (senior) doctors at Eugenix? Does anyone here have experience with them? Could Eugenix perhaps post a thread in the forum introducing us to them, with some examples of their work?

I haven't yet made contact with Eugenix personally, my country is still a few months from restarting international travel and I'm waiting for it to actually happen before I start reaching out to clinics.

This is my concern about Eugenix I wanted to do my HT with Eugenix but I found the exclusive package does not include much involvement from Doctor arika.. Also there are 60 technicians and i suspect all of them have the same experience level and at the day of your surgery you do not know who of those Tech. will do your operation. And If you want to go for full Doctor involvement you will pay 5 euro which for me is very expensive and if you can afford such price you can go for dr Patric Mwamba. Bisanga. leronzo  all of these doctors are excellent in BHT and fue. I think Eugenix become like asmed hair mill where excellent doctors such as Dr. Arike and koray are involved only for very expensive package and the lesser packages you will be under technician and less experienced staff than doctor. You should make your choice based on a doctors  do the extrection and slits and the technicians do implantions. Also doctor do one patient per day. 

Edited by Fego
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fego said:

This is my concern about Eugenix I wanted to do my HT with Eugenix but I found the exclusive package does not include much involvement from Dr arika.. Also there are 60 technicians and i suspect all of them have the same experience level and at the day of your surgery you do not know who of those Tech. will do your operation. And If you want to go for full Dr involvement you will pay 5 euro which for me is very expensive and if you can afford such price you can go for dr Patric Mwamba. Bisanga. leronzo  all of these doctors are excellent in BHT and fue. I think Eugenix become like asmed hair mill where excellent doctors such as Dr. Arike and koray are involved only for very expensive package and the lesser packages you will be under technician and less experienced staff than doctor. You should make your choice based on a doctors  do the extrection and slits and the technicians do implantions. Also doctor do one patient per day. 

Agree. It is always better to select a clinic with 1-2 patients per day, as the skilled doctors will be involved more on your procedure.

How many patients do you think that Eugenix has per day? More than 10 patients per day ? So many technician teams in Eugenix...that u dont know which one will be involved in your procedure and whats their experience....

Edited by AZ67
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Valued Contributor
26 minutes ago, AZ67 said:

Agree. It is always better to select a clinic with 1-2 patients per day, as the skilled doctors will be involved more on your procedure.

How many patients do you think that Eugenix has per day? More than 10 patients per day ? So many technician teams in Eugenix...that u dont know which one will be involved in your procedure and whats their experience....

They had 5 medium sized surgeries during my first session (including me) & six today (again including me - though I wasn’t planned for today but my op took longer due to a lot of oozing so we finished with a second session). 

So that’s 5 per day this weekend and I’m told this time of year is super busy. So I don’t think it’s 10 per day at all. 

• Like 1

@Hayden87 I just got back from Eugenix and I don’t think it matters what package or Doctor you chose. The techs/nurses are ones doing the surgery. I honestly think you’re better off getting a junior doctor. They are going to be less busy than Dr Arika and have more time to focus on you.  

This is the natural progression of things.  Lets say you’re an affordable world class doctor and find yourself with a 1+ year waiting list, and more being added by the say.  There comes a point where you simply have to significantly increase the price to balance out the supply and demand, and then find a lower priced product to sell to those that can’t afford the new price (in this case, doctors trained by you)

Check out my journey here:

The thing that matters on what result you are going to get depends on the particular surgeon, his experience and involvement in the procedure. On eugenix in order to have the least involvement of Dr Arika doing the slits, you have to pay 2.91 euro per graft. And if you want Dr Arika to do the extraction as well you have to pay for 4.86 euro per graft, which is too expensive..Also you need to pay flight tickets to India by yourself.

• Like 1

• Administrators

@AZ67 

It's pretty clear to me the purpose of you posting in this thread is to incite doubt and create drama. If you don't like the process of Eugenix, or feel the cost is too expensive, don't choose them. It's very simple. You are trying to convince the community of otherwise, even though, there are countless amazing results posted on this thread almost weekly from Eugenix. Again, cost is relative, I paid $8 per graft for my last surgeon, and would do it over again, so to me less than $5 per graft for a doctor of Dr. Arika's skill is cheap. Also, after checking your IP, it's clear you are a previous troll that was banned. Goodbye.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the responses so far, guys. This thread certainly isn't meant to incite any criticism towards Eugenix, it is totally their prerogative as to how they define their packages and distribute their doctors' expertise.

I currently am clean-shaven for work and keep my hair quite short. I'll be growing it out a bit, along with my beard, over the Christmas holidays to take photos for sending to clinics and will ask Eugenix directly for info on their doctors.

The Rs. 120 price-point is the one with which I am comfortable and I am sure the same goes for many others. Moving forward, this means many more of the patient results we see from Eugenix will be coming from their senior doctors, other than Dr. Arika and Dr. Sethi.

I have no problem entrusting my scalp to a doctor trained by Dr. Arika or Dr. Sethi, provided I can see patient results from those doctors in particular. (I'm aware this will be provided on request when in contact with the clinic, but would be great to see a few here on the forum, for those of us doing the months of background research before making actual contact)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JC71 said:

We are starting to see results from Dr Priyadarshini Das @ADil has a result thread for example. 

His result looks great. Excellent, natural graft placement, no straight lines evident! These are the kind of results I'm seeking, attributed to the doctor. For me personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how their senior doctors tackle 5,000 graft sessions, as this is what will really put their slit-making to the test for coverage, the particular part of the procedure that was previously done by Dr. Arika for the Exclusive package.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hayden87 said:

His result looks great. Excellent, natural graft placement, no straight lines evident! These are the kind of results I'm seeking, attributed to the doctor. For me personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how their senior doctors tackle 5,000 graft sessions, as this is what will really put their slit-making to the test for coverage, the particular part of the procedure that was previously done by Dr. Arika for the Exclusive package.

Indeed, I just checked and over the last couple of years the prices/packages have evolved quite a lot. Which is to expected as they grow in popularity. When I first consulted with them (2 years ago) it looked quite different. But I have always liked the fact they have a open and transparent pricing tier. 

It’s upto patient which one they choose. Please speak to representative. As I have found whichever the package you choose they provide world class treatment, their hospitality and way the things are done in Eugenix very different and disciplined. So no need to worry about and at the it’s Eugenix they know what they are doing and they care for their clients. Once you come out Eugenix you will be with smile and satisfaction trust me.

Edited by nodono
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 7:14 AM, Hayden87 said:

Thanks for the responses so far, guys. This thread certainly isn't meant to incite any criticism towards Eugenix, it is totally their prerogative as to how they define their packages and distribute their doctors' expertise.

I currently am clean-shaven for work and keep my hair quite short. I'll be growing it out a bit, along with my beard, over the Christmas holidays to take photos for sending to clinics and will ask Eugenix directly for info on their doctors.

The Rs. 120 price-point is the one with which I am comfortable and I am sure the same goes for many others. Moving forward, this means many more of the patient results we see from Eugenix will be coming from their senior doctors, other than Dr. Arika and Dr. Sethi.

I have no problem entrusting my scalp to a doctor trained by Dr. Arika or Dr. Sethi, provided I can see patient results from those doctors in particular. (I'm aware this will be provided on request when in contact with the clinic, but would be great to see a few here on the forum, for those of us doing the months of background research before making actual contact)

Hi @Hayden87

I took 3 years to do my reasearch in finding the best surgeon for my hair transplant. Having gone to a lot of local clinics I was shocked to see most of them with zero credible results and false and unrealistic promises.

I met Dr Pradeep 3 years back at Eugenix Mumbai and was convinced that he was the only one I would choose to do my procedure. He was experienced and knew and loved his craft and he left you with a very positive vibe.

Unfortunately by the time i decided to do my procedure, i could no longer afford him.

I was heartbroken and decided to drop the idea of transplant completely.

Then i met Dr Priyadarshini. I talked to her a couple of times and was also able to observe her during surgery. She is a realistic and very down to earth. She had 4+years of experience having assisted both Dr Pradeep and Dr Arica. 
I decided to trust her and after 8 months i can say i am so glad i did..😀!!

Hair transplant involes a lot of factors

Your hair calibre, doner area , maximum coverage with the least amount of grafts , the experience of the technical team and most importantly the expertise of the doctor.

We keep forgetting the crucial role of technicians..
The monotonous job of placing the grafts for 10+ hours .. the gaps and proper angle with a fixed number of available grafts requires experience..

Most of the technicians have 5+ years of experience and its the SAME team for all the doctors..

My advice :-
1) Decide exactly what are you looking for..(Be realistic 🙂
2) Talk to Doctor ..All your anxieties will go once you have a conversation with the doc..video chat/personal meeting/mail etc
3) Expensive packages will be enticing and will no doubt have value depending on your case BUT they will treat you the same way in whatever you choose..

Best example of the so called cheaper package:- ME🙂

• Like 3