Is this balding or normal parting near cowlick?

EF7C2289-B914-4B64-A95C-9ED586851A6D.thumb.jpeg.78142cb223ab4e631c514a0dfbe46c48.jpegIts not very visible 

i discovered that there may be a problem when i tried to grow my hair where all of my hair was growing normally on the same level except my crown which was kinda full but it was lower level (as if it was wet) hairs on it weren’t standing and accumulating on each other like the rest of my hair 

my hair catcher in my shower drain clogges every 5-7 days is it normal?

i had sebborheic dermatitis it was very severe until last summer and also at that time some stressful life events came to an end so was stress the reason or its genetic, i can feel some pimple

like stuff under the scalps skin

, i discovered this suddenly i never felt anything on my pillow or comb, everything about my hair was normal except my sebborheic dermatitis which as far as I know it doesnt cause hair loss unless you itch it so hard which i didnt do i was careful about it

anyone can tell me what condition im in? Do i need any medications?

I agree…appears to be a diffused thinning pattern especially noted in the crown.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Definitely see a dermatologist!

• Like 2

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• Administrators

At 21 you are definitely losing hair. I suggest getting on some form of hair loss medication, minoxidil, finasteride, there are oral and topical versions of both. You can still maintain your hair if you treat it now.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

And the crown is where finasteride is the most effective.

• Like 1

Gillenator

I've never seen my hair look like that when wet. I'm not losing hair in the midscalp or crown that I know of so imo you're probably looking at some diffuse loss as other have mentioned.

But always good to talk to a Derm like others have mentioned

9 hours ago, deeznuts said:

I've never seen my hair look like that when wet. I'm not losing hair in the midscalp or crown that I know of so imo you're probably looking at some diffuse loss as other have mentioned.

But always good to talk to a Derm like others have mentioned

Have you ever had your scalp (including the mid-scalp and crown) microscopically examined for diffusion and/or miniaturization? 

Gillenator

38 minutes ago, gillenator said:

Have you ever had your scalp (including the mid-scalp and crown) microscopically examined for diffusion and/or miniaturization? 

Not microscopically but I did have a local doctor (Dr. Cotterill) do a visual examination and go through my hair with his hands so I'm safe hopefully. Or at the very least it should be fairly slow progressing without any issues thus far at 30. I think my crown should be solid and I just don't see myself losing hair there based on family history and the density I have now but if I were to lose hair in the midscalp in the future I wouldn't be surprised. Not that I'm noticing diffuse loss or anything but I have family in the NW4A or so region where they've lost the front and midscalp but the crown stayed intact so that's probably gonna be my worst case scenario

Edited by deeznuts